Assistant coaches salaries | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Assistant coaches salaries

Glad you posted this.
Hard to understand why someone would get offended at the question.Actually I’m pretty interested in getting an answer to his question.

Lol I was offended? That is news to me- glad you happen to know what my disposition was.

You're in a managerial position at SU?

Last I checked, it's a fan forum. He didn't call you up personnally or DM you. He threw it out there on the interwebs. I didn't realize there was a protocol for new posters. Assistant salaries for football are discussed all the time. This wasn't any different. I think sometimes people just like to assume the worst. I didn't see anything rude in the OP. He even said "thanks" at the end of the post.

Protocol? No. You seem to have quite an issue with someone challenging a very random post. What does this have to do with me? My point was there are a lot of fans and folks with sources close to the program on here. That a question is floated given that is my point. All I did was poke fun at first and the dude claimed I was being a dick.. the criticism was fair and not extreme.

Also in case you didn't know SU is a private school and thus like a private company reserves the right to not share this info publicly. Public schools are different. Again my whole point was it's not a question that passes the smell test without some context. Last I knew that wasn't an extreme take but maybe for you it's offensive to dare even question someone's intent.

You guys are projecting here.

Lol I was offended? That is news to me- glad you happen to know what my disposition was.
Offended,upset,irritated,mad,you pick the word.Im not actually sure what your beef was with the question.
Probably one of the more intriguing questions I’ve seen on here.

Offended,upset,irritated,mad,you pick the word.Im not actually sure what your beef was with the question.

I picked fun at it- asked why it was being asked is all. You act like I filed a police report and demanded banishment lol. He is asking a question about non public information is all without context. Which now has been provided hence the point it makes a little more sense at least. I'm not quite sure I would call it one of the more intriguing questions but hey - if it is to you that is great.

Also here is a hint- my concern over this is leisurely at best. You guys decided to pull on the thread.

Google is your friend. Lots of articles about salaries to use as a reference point. I doubt anyone would disclose this info from a private school but I'm sure you can back your way into it just as with any other profession. You can likely find public university reports for other school salaries easily

When Hopkins was here I can tell you he was making well north of $500,000. I’m pretty confident Autry is making around $500,000.

G-Mac and AG are guesses but I would guess G-Mac is around $200,000 and AG is around $150,000

I found it one of the least intriguing questions here. I did find it a funny question for a first post. A little comic relief.

When Hopkins was here I can tell you he was making well north of $500,000. I’m pretty confident Autry is making around $500,000.

G-Mac and AG are guesses but I would guess G-Mac is around $200,000 and AG is around $150,000

AG is the more experienced coach between himself and GMac -
Why would he be getting paid less??

And - we had to hire him away from another program, vs Gerry was an internal hire, who got promoted up from Grad Assistant.

I’d say there’s less than a 1% chance that Gerry makes more coin than Griff.

I picked fun at it- asked why it was being asked is all. You act like I filed a police report and demanded banishment lol. He is asking a question about non public information is all without context. Which now has been provided hence the point it makes a little more sense at least. I'm not quite sure I would call it one of the more intriguing questions but hey - if it is to you that is great.

Also here is a hint- my concern over this is leisurely at best. You guys decided to pull on the thread.

Google is your friend. Lots of articles about salaries to use as a reference point. I doubt anyone would disclose this info from a private school but I'm sure you can back your way into it just as with any other profession. You can likely find public university reports for other school salaries easily
Maybe I’m the crazy one here, but I actually am curious to the answer.Must not be too easy find the answer as you stated SU is a private school.

And - we had to hire him away from another program, vs Gerry was an internal hire, who got promoted up from Grad Assistant.

Gerry is “2nd in line” in terms of assistant coaches. Autry is associate head head coach/1st assistant, G-Mac is the 2nd assistant and Griff is the 3rd. I’m not a betting man but I would bet G-Mac is making more than Griff

my money is on GMac making more. He took on many of hops responsibilities. Last I had heard when hop was here is that he was around $700k. My WAG only is that Autry is around $450k, GMac $350k and Griff $250k.

Gerry is “2nd in line” in terms of assistant coaches. Autry is associate head head coach/1st assistant, G-Mac is the 2nd assistant and Griff is the 3rd. I’m not a betting man but I would bet G-Mac is making more than Griff
very informative post..thank you

It's Syracuse so whatever they are making it is probably significantly below the national average.

This thread is a little crazy. Maybe it's because I was always taught that money matters should be kept private. I personally have no interest in what they are making except to know that we wouldn't be losing anyone due to underpaying compared to the competition. Since we have very low assistant coaching turnover, I assume we are taking care of these guys.

It's Syracuse so whatever they are making it is probably significantly below the national average.
Money goes very far in Syracuse, though. I read recently (don’t remember the exact source) that Syracuse is the best market in the entire country for how much home you can buy in proportion to home cost/median income.

This thread is a little crazy. Maybe it's because I was always taught that money matters should be kept private. I personally have no interest in what they are making except to know that we wouldn't be losing anyone due to underpaying compared to the competition. Since we have very low assistant coaching turnover, I assume we are taking care of these guys.
They are public figures...Heck I know GMac has done TV ads.

Frankly the thread got weird cuz the OP gave off the vibe of a Yukon Troll. Over at the Boneyard a few have bragged they are trolling here under pseudonyms. So connect the dots.

They are public figures...Heck I know GMac has done TV ads.

Frankly the thread got weird cuz the OP gave off the vibe of a Yukon Troll. Over at the Boneyard a few have bragged they are trolling here under pseudonyms. So connect the dots.
Public figures at a private school. The numbers will never be released.

Public figures at a private school. The numbers will never be released.
Well save for the head coaches...but info does get out there. Pretty sure our DC is making north of $750K. We have to pay pretty close to our peer State Schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom