Assuming Dino stays | Syracusefan.com

Assuming Dino stays

kcsu

Living Legend
Will he make any changes to the staff?

Anyone who goes 4-8 needs to look at the staff.
I think the staff remains intact. We weren't 4-8 because the coaches are bad, we were 4-8 because we were overmatched by better teams and as usual were extremely injured and small.

EDIT - 4-7, we still have one game to play...GO CUSE!!

Last edited:
I think the staff remains intact. We weren't 4-8 because the coaches are bad, we were 4-8 because we were overmatched by better teams and as usual were extremely injured and small.

Ok if we go 4-8 next year same things apply again? Being in ACC this may be the case for a few years. I think anyone who has a brain saw the defense regress. Maybe I'm naive but it was the worst defense in Syracuse history

Ok if we go 4-8 next year same things apply again? Being in ACC this may be the case for a few years. I think anyone who has a brain saw the defense regress. Maybe I'm naive but it was the worst defense in Syracuse history
Defense regress?? Were you watching the same defense I was? They started out absolutely awful, then improved greatly, enough to stop Va Tech. then more injuries happened and the wheels fell off. What did you expect when you have 4-5 of 11 starters out for 4-5 games, then 3-4 2nd stringers out as well.

I'm saying from last year. The d stunk as a whole all year. I hear about injuries every year so that excuse is consistent. Maybe our conditioning coach is the issue? I think the gauntlet schedule meat grinds us as well. It goes back to my initial thought that our schedule hurts us record wise and for entire season.
And

I'm not expecting any changes... maybe some more additions?

The only wild cards are the 3 new-to-the-system coaches. If any of them decide that the cult is not for them or DFB feels they're not true cult material then that's where changes could occur. Again, not expecting that...

I'm saying from last year. The d stunk as a whole all year. I hear about injuries every year so that excuse is consistent. Maybe our conditioning coach is the issue? I think the gauntlet schedule meat grinds us as well. It goes back to my initial thought that our schedule hurts us record wise and for entire season.
And

Dino Babers "Smaller players tend to get hurt more", our defense is grossly undersized especially at DB which is where we suffered most of our injuries. We also lack depth on the DL and at DB which also causes the starters to play more reps, leading to more injuries.

Once we have the full complement of 85 scholarship players, when our size matches our opponents, then you will see the defense improve with experience.

EDIT - 4-7 Still one game to play.

Unless someone leaves for a job that is a promotion, I don't see him making any changes.

4-5 wins next year? Different story.

He is probably not going anywhere.though it would be a slap in the face if he left after 1 year where he told everybody to believe and have faith

Really? I thought the defense improved over the course of the season. Did you see the Louisville, USF and Notre Dame games?

And
From #110 in yards per play to #123. Yes, I guess technically that's regression.

And
Fire Will Hicks?

I think he's on a week long bender ;-)
No snow here in the mountains too cold to golf or fish so a tad bored. Just stirring the pot.

For my part i dont think Dino is going anyplace. Not for the next three years minimum. And for the nth time im not worried if he does. Not because i dont think that he is great for us but rather i realize that for the first time in ages we have an administration that is committed to football. One that because of the ACC has the resources to compete. Couple that with a reported huge 8 figure buyout and Syracuse would be in position to survive Dino leaving and land another proven coach.

So yes im stirring the pot. Yes i think Dino stays and yes im bullish on our future. Lets hope the kids play their hearts out today.

Go Orange!!

No snow here in the mountains too cold to golf or fish so a tad bored. Just stirring the pot.

For my part i dont think Dino is going anyplace. Not for the next three years minimum. And for the nth time im not worried if he does. Not because i dont think that he is great for us but rather i realize that for the first time in ages we have an administration that is committed to football. One that because of the ACC has the resources to compete. Couple that with a reported huge 8 figure buyout and Syracuse would be in position to survive Dino leaving and land another proven coach.

So yes im stirring the pot. Yes i think Dino stays and yes im bullish on our future. Lets hope the kids play their hearts out today.

Go Orange!!

I agree on all points - except I still think he's the perfect fit here. All this interest will be used as leverage to push the program forward. When Marrone tried it, there was pushback from the AD and from the Chancellor. I don't think the people we have now make that same mistake.

- recruiting is on its way up
- IPF and new recruiting staff are signs we're committed
- Dome reno could amp all that up considerably

If Dino waits, future is super bright

I'll pass on our strength and conditioning coaches

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online