at least 60 shots fired at a mall in oregon | Syracusefan.com

at least 60 shots fired at a mall in oregon

50 off topic boards and this stuff still ends up on the basketball board.
you can't be serious? This is kind of important news. It's not lindsay lohan is out of rehab. A nutcase walks in to a mall and starts shooting I want to know about it. Maybe you should go back to the UConn board and continue fighting with those nitwits.

you can't be serious? This is kind of important news. It's not lindsay lohan is out of rehab. A nutcase walks in to a mall and starts shooting I want to know about it. Maybe you should go back to the UConn board and continue fighting with those nitwits.

My unsolicited opinion, while I feel for the victims and their families I agree that this isn't necessary to post here. People come here to read about Syracuse basketball, hence the name if the board. If people really feel it is important to know about these awful things the minute they happen I doubt those same people are browsing the syracusefan.com message boards. If God forbid something like thus happens locally then my opinion may differ.

My unsolicited opinion, while I feel for the victims and their families I agree that this isn't necessary to post here. People come here to read about Syracuse basketball, hence the name if the board. If people really feel it is important to know about these awful things the minute they happen I doubt those same people are browsing the syracusefan.com message boards. If God forbid something like thus happens locally then my opinion may differ.
Your opinion may change if something like this happens locally? You mean you're not sure that if a local mall got shot up and people were dead and it was in syracuse you aren't sure that you would to be disturbed about it on our hoop board? I don't think you really mean that.

Your opinion may change if something like this happens locally? You mean your not sure that if a local mall got shot up and people were dead and it was in syracuse you aren't sure that you would to be disturbed about it on our hoop board? I don't think you really mean that.

My opinion on whether or not it should be on a Syracuse Basketball message board would change. I find it disturbing whether it is in Oregon, Syracuse, Mexico or Russia.

My opinion on whether or not it should be on a Syracuse Basketball message board would change. I find it disturbing whether it is in Oregon, Syracuse, Mexico or Russia.
I'm quite sure it would. I am not a big one for ot stuff but when it is breaking news, often the first place I go when I come home , before the tv is even on, is this board. I want to know if something is happening that is important. I think some nutcase shooting up a mall anywhere is important.

Hopefully, it was Georgetown doing the shooting so nobody got hit...
Been said already but really, tremendously poor taste. From what I've seen, at least three dead.

Good point. There really is a dearth of Internet news sites.

This kind of news is always shocking and very sad. Too many d'bags in this world. It does put some perspective on life. College basketball is a nice outlet in a crazy world, especially SU hoops.

Bad taste, considering there was at least one casualty.

Yes. You are absolutely right. My apologies to the board. Knee-jerk reaction post and a really stupid one at that.

I should have known better.

Yes. You are absolutely right. My apologies to the board. Knee-jerk reaction post and a really stupid one at that.

I should have known better.
Oh, no harm done. Most people back there could care less about what happens out here in Orey Gone, anyway. Heck, most of you still can't pronounce it properly.

No it isn't.

People get shot literally hundreds of times a day in this world. I have a sister in Portland. Is it only a big deal because it is in a mall? Are those two lives lost so much more of a tragedy than the two kids shot on the corner in X american city's worst hood on X given night?

No it isn't.

People get shot literally hundreds of times a day in this world. I have a sister in Portland. Is it only a big deal because it is in a mall? Are those two lives lost so much more of a tragedy than the two kids shot on the corner in X american city's worst hood on X given night?

Uh, yes it is. All it takes are a couple more shootings in a mall and you'll see:

1) Malls everywhere being compelled to install metal detectors, and that plainclothes officer at L&T will now being giving you a colonoscopy for not shaving and wearing a backpack.

2) Consumer spending is the biggest economic driver in this country. malls are huge channels for consumer spending. Now what happens if shoppers are afraid to shop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom