At this point...we have to admit its worse this time... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

At this point...we have to admit its worse this time...

Now who only decided to upgrade to 1-A football when Bob Kraft was taking the Pats to Hartford? Who got the greatest gift in the history of BCS-level football by being allowed into an AQ conference practically straight outta 1-AA? Yeah, that'd be UConn.

The state spent $150,000,000 to get there. The gift was how shitty the rest of you were at football. Not UConn's fault.

Are you kidding me? Who tried to get Penn State into the conference? Who stuck with the BE when it had an offer to join an all-sports league in both the 80s and 90s? Who voted WITH the hoops schools many, many, many times? Who voted this May to take the billion dollar media deal? Yeah, that was Syracuse..

Of everything you just mentioned, only one of those things happened in the past 7 years.

I rest my case.

Give me one time since 2003, when SU was stuck in the conference, that they did ONE THING to try and make it better. One thing. Did they reach out to Maryland to try and get them to join? Did they actively try and split the conference in half? Did they offer a grant of media rights deal? Did they do any of these things? No, they didn't.

I'm not talking about 1987. I'm talking about 2003-2011. They didn't do a damn thing to try and keep it together during that time period. Trying to get Penn State in 1982 doesn't mean a blessed thing if in the here and now, they didn't do anything as equally brilliant to try and save what was actually here.

And you know this how? You have no idea what SU did or didn't do. And you're blind if you think the best thing wasn't to try to find something better. SU and SU fans have complained about this conference for years and how it was managed.

Give me one time since 2003, when SU was stuck in the conference, that they did ONE THING to try and make it better. One thing. Did they reach out to Maryland to try and get them to join? Did they actively try and split the conference in half? Did they offer a grant of media rights deal? Did they do any of these things? No, they didn't.
How do you know this? How do you know what they did and didn't do?

I'm not talking about 1987. I'm talking about 2003-2011. They didn't do a damn thing to try and keep it together during that time period. Trying to get Penn State in 1982 doesn't mean a blessed thing if in the here and now, they didn't do anything as equally brilliant to try and save what was actually here.
Let's see:

Maryland is in no way going to leave the ACC for the BE, maybe not even for the B1G.

Grant of media rights--did UConn?

I think the FB's all wanted to split off, but the problem is, there was more money in staying together.

SU voted for the media deal this past spring. I hope UConn did too, or your argument is totally worthless.

Anything else?

Reach out to Maryland? Are you on crack?!

You know what SU did in the past 8 years? We let CUSA programs like USF, Cincy and 1-AAs like UConn join the football league we helped build, gave them access to the BCS, and let them make a lot of money. We acquiesed to the hoops schools and let Marquette and DePaul join so they could preserve their precious membership balance. And then we voted for a BILLION DOLLAR media deal that would have tripled our annual payout.

Maybe you should be asking Seton Hall and Notre Dame why they voted that deal down.

Beg Maryland to join the Big East, that's the best thing I've seen today.