Class of 2016 - ATH Jamir Jones (NY) Verbal to Notre Dame | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Jamir Jones (NY) Verbal to Notre Dame

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...5/03/one-fork-road-recruiting-jones/26842771/

Aquinas junior Jamir Jones weighing scenarios
James Johnson, Staff writer 6:32 p.m. EDT May 3, 2015
19 TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
Jamir Jones, a junior at Aquinas, has run around at least two high school football camps this spring, including one with former National Football League and Division I college players as instructors.

Jones played an outside linebacker/defensive end role at those camps in New Jersey and Washington, D.C. There is a plan for Jones to head for another camp at the end of this month. This time, he will show up at Ohio State in Columbus, as a tight end.

If it seems that Jones is less than sure what position he will play in college, it may be the result of different answers he receives from recruiters at Division I schools. Jones is listening to it all.

Through last week, Jones said that seven colleges have offered him a full athletic scholarship.

"I'm hoping to get more,'' Jones said. "I still don't think schools know about me. My highlight tape from last season shows me as a quarterback. They don't know I'm a linebacker/defensive end.

"I still have to get it out there."

Notre Dame landed Jarron Jones, now a senior defensive lineman and one of Jamir's three older brothers who played college football after starring at Aquinas. Lakiescha Jones, Jamir's mother, said there is no timetable for her son's decision.

"I'm not saying that Jamir is going to Notre Dame,'' she said. "We don't know."

What Battaglia is just about sure of, is that the Jamir Jones you see today, will look noticeably different in the future.

"He's still growing,'' Battaglia said. "His brothers grew when they were out of high school.

"He could be a house (at 250 or 260 pounds)."

Jamir Jones was a quarterback last fall at Aquinas.

.oembed-asset-link { background: #fff; border-bottom: 1px solid #e1e1e1; } .oembed-link-anchor { display: block; clear: both; } .oembed-link-thumbnail{ float: left; padding: 14px; } .oembed-link-thumbnail img { max-width: 78px; max-height: 60px; display: block; } p.oembed-link-title { font-size: 75%; color: #009BFF; margin: 0 14px; padding-top: 12px; font-weight:normal; text-align: left; line-height: 120%; } p.oembed-link-desc { font-size: 100%; color: #666; font-weight: normal; margin: 0 14px 14px 14px; font-family: 'Futura Today Light'; text-align: left; line-height: 120%; }
ROCHESTER DEMOCRAT AND CHRONICLE

Aquinas' Jones in quarterback role

Aquinas quarterback Jake Zembiec, a junior and the 2013 Class AA player of the year in the state, suffered a broken wrist during the second game of the season for Aquinas last fall.

Jones, who was also expected to play at receiver in the Aquinas offense, replaced Zembiec.

"It didn't hurt him at all (in terms of recruiting),'' Battaglia said. "People saw how unselfish he was. That's why schools have offered him without a set position.

"He's ending up at the schools he wanted to be close to."

For some reason you just get the feeling that we are going to miss out on Jones...or at least that's the feeling I get.

I can tell you one thing that you dont want to hear. All the Jones boys wanted to get away from their mom. She is pretty demanding so I wouldnt be surprised if he leaves the state too. The two oldest boys played at D2 Gannon in PA. One of the two was commited to Cuse but didnt qualify.

Last edited:
I can tell you one thing that you dont want to hear. All the Jones boys wanted to get away from their mom. She is pretty demanding so I wouldnt be surprised if he leaves the state too. The two oldest played a Gannon in PA. One of the two was commited to Cuse but didnt qualify.
Good inside scoop right there

we were never going to be in it for this kid. he's another new yorker with stars in his eyes. and that's fine. we were SOL years ago when the first jones brother was committed to syracuse and still couldn't get qualified when there were barely standards. so he never ended up here.

This is a big one. Love to see us keep him home.

This is a big one. Love to see us keep him home.
Me too but if Penn st or Notre Dame offer he will jump instantly. Dont know what they are telling him but Im sure he will wait it out even if he's a back up plan.

Me too but if Penn st or Notre Dame offer he will jump instantly. Dont know what they are telling him but Im sure he will wait it out even if he's a back up plan.

That's the frustrating part. Back in the day this kid is ours. There is no waiting around for Penn St, or ND, because Syracuse is where you went for kids like this.

CuseLegacy said:

Meh - he's hoping for that ND or Penn St offer. Hope it comes... Kid might be left in a lurch.

Why do I have the feeling that he would felt fine if it were a PSU or ND camp?
Yep, not saying the kid wasn't truly sick, but I am all for the kids that want to be here rather than those looking for other offers. It's truly fine if he doesn't want to come to cuse, that's his decision. Good luck to him wherever he goes

FYI Jamir is going to a tournament in Florida this weekend with his 7v7 team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom