Class of 2024 - ATH Malachi James (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/7/24) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 ATH Malachi James (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/7/24)

Fourth in the country. Whoa. Christian Smith has the best HS time in the country so far. His 9.93 100m is the fastest 100m ever run by an American in the U20 class. That time is the fastest run in the world so far this year. So Malachi is in pretty good company.

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

Will this kid see playing time year one? What do we run for him?

10.18 would have won him gold at ACC Outdoor Track & Field Championships this year.

It would also rank Top 50 nationally.

Extremely impressive.
Somehow Fran needs to get this player on the field. With his speed, all it takes is one missed tackle, and you won't catch him.

I know he’s not gonna be returning kicks/punts this year… but a man can dream.

MOVIN!
He has played WR, RB, and DB, with that kind of size and speed you don't Red shirt him. Use him like Purdue did that young man a few years ago.
Put him in the slot, also as a wideout, run a sweep. An end around, and use him on KR.

Meet of Champions is today

Senior Malachi James of Burlington City, who has won 4 M of C sprint titles in his career, has been chasing the state wind legal record in the 100-meter dash all season. This will be his last chance, and he said he's confident he will finally get under the 10.35 wind legal record of 10.35 that Jamar Ervin ran at the 2000 Meet of Champions.

James, who ran a 10.18, the fastest all conditions time in state history (no wind gauge), at the South Jersey, Group 1 Championships at Pennsauken, has run a wind-legal 10.40 (1.3) this season, which is No. 3 in state history.

There's no doubt that James can get under 10.35 if he executes his race the way he's capable of. Unfortunately, the great showdown we had all about waiting for won't happen though. Ajani Dwyer of Washington (10.21) and Cole Cramer of Southern (10.22) won't be there to challenge James. Dwyer has decided not to run for his team anymore this season, and Cramer is out in Seattle racing at the Brooks PR Invitational.

But James has proven he can run fast regardless of who is lined up in the lanes next to him.

James, who missed this meet last year with a severe hamstring injury, won the 100 and 200 at the 2022 Meet of Champions and the 55 and 200 dashes at the Indoor M of C this past March. He's a huge favorite to reclaim both his sprint titles.

I'm saying James gets under 10.35!!! BO0M!

I believe that guy who finished in 3rd place, completely dusted by Malachi, is the guy that just chose RU for football. Yup, checks out.
And he gets a higher rating, I wonder why?

When I ran the 100 yard dash in 9.70 at the state meet in NJ I was the NJ State Champion.

Floyd and I were the fastest on the team.

Never did I realize that the following would happen:

M. James 9.93 100m= 4.14 40
9.93 100m = 9.08 100y

Holy cow - that is fast!

When I ran the 100 yard dash in 9.70 at the state meet in NJ I was the NJ State Champion.

Floyd and I were the fastest on the team.

Never did I realize that the following would happen:

M. James 9.93 100m= 4.14 40
9.93 100m = 9.08 100y

Holy cow - that is fast!
I'm not exactly following. Malachi ran a 10.28 sec 100m. Why did you say 9.93 sec 100m?

EDIT: OK I now see earlier in the thread the 9.93m 100m by Christian Smith referenced which was the fastest time in the country.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom