Class of 2020 - ATH Trebor Pena (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (11/22/19) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 ATH Trebor Pena (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (11/22/19)

goorangedancingfloydgif.gif

Temple has done a great job these past 5 years. I have no problem flipping a kid from them.
Speed looks like a player and that is great.

Was thinking the same thing. They’d likely beat our &ss silly right now. Don’t mind flipping their kid at all.

Welcome to Syracuse University Football young Mr. Pena. Come in 2020 ready to make a difference. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

Would you consider Jawhar Jordan fast? Because he ran a 11.00 his senior year. His PR is 10.62 in his sophomore season though.
Trebor finished 7th in the state of NJ in th long jump and 6th in the javelin as a junior. He is a terrific athlete.

Here are some PRs in HS for other SU WRs.

Sean Riley 11.21
Taj Harris 11.91
Courtney Jackson 10.96

Keep in mind Trebor hasn’t had his senior season of outdoor track yet. He improved about a second from his soph to junior seasons. I think it is likely he will get better again as a senior.

Kid looks like a hell of a competitor. Fast and has good shake and cutting ability to go along with the straight line speed. He has decent size for the slot and is surely bigger than Riley was coming in. Should be able to beat a jamb. Great all around athlete. On defense he seemed to play with good physicalness and awareness with the ball in the air as well. Just looks like the kid would produce wherever you put him in at. I like him.

Now I have said it before, I really can't break the tape down like coaches do, but what I see in this reel is a solid player. No idea either about the competition he was going against. I see speed and athleticism. He looks solid in all three areas that he put into the reel. I think this is a solid get.

Like another poster said, I see a bigger version of Sean Riley.

Was my first thought.

After last year I really thought we'd see an uptick on the quality of our recruits but this class certainly seems to be shaping very much like the last few, somewhere in the middle of the road.

Very welcoming post. I'll choose to trust the coach who won 10 games just last year.

Hey guys, I’m new here. At 5’11 180 lbs, do we think he can play OL next year?

Dunno about that.

But - we do know where he could end up -
with the proper dedication to S&C. :p

That's really not fast at all.

A commit is a commit though welcome aboard.

Can you please explain how that's 'not fast at all' and provide some data?

Maybe you saw what SuTomcast posted for Syracuse 100m times? Anyone running a sub 11 is elite type speed and would be considered in a small group of the fastest football players in the country.

Georgia WR Demetris Roberston is considered one of the fastest guys in the country clocking a 4.35 - 40 and ran a 10.77 100m while on the Cal track team. Jabrill Peppers ran a 10.52 in NJ High School. I mean we're talking a 1/2 second or less difference here.

Trebor doesn't have elite speed but make no mistake he's fast. We don't even know how much effort/training he put into track.

Last edited:
Can you please explain how that's 'not fast at all' and provide some data?

Maybe you saw what SuTomcast posted for Syracuse 100m times? Anyone running a sub 11 is elite type speed and would be considered in a small group of the fastest football players in the country.

Georgia WR Demetris Roberston is considered one of the fastest guys in the country clocking a 4.35 - 40 and ran a 10.77 100m while on the Cal track team. Jabrill Peppers ran a 10.52 in NJ High School. I mean we're talking a 1/2 second or less difference here.

Trebor doesn't have elite speed but make no mistake he's fast. We don't even know how much effort/training he put into track.

Recruits speed #’s is a way overrated stat by fans anyway.