Class of 2020 - ATH Trebor Pena (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (11/22/19) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 ATH Trebor Pena (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (11/22/19)

Why am I just now seeing this commit?
Have you been in one of these lately?

1575583630848.png

But not necessarily 100-meter speed.

We’ll no but when a guy is really fast over 100 meters he’s usually fast over 40 yards and 20 yards and so forth. It’s a good predictor of straight line speed.

We’ll no but when a guy is really fast over 100 meters he’s usually fast over 40 yards and 20 yards and so forth. It’s a good predictor of straight line speed.

Yes and no. When you’re talking guys with that elite speed, some may be just as explosive at 10-20 yards but don’t clock well at 100m. Some may be more explosive at 5-10 yards. Some guys stop and turn faster than guys that run a fast 100m. Some guys can control their speed far better, make a cut/slant and explode faster. Some guys run faster in pads and cleats and in the 4th Q. Judging speed between really fast guys using the 100m is somewhat archaic in football. Straight line movement over 100m or anything close to that distance in general is so rare except for special teams players, it’s such a poor indicator of ability unless the guy is running ridiculously slow 100m

Yes and no. When you’re talking guys with that elite speed, some may be just as explosive at 10-20 yards but don’t clock well at 100m. Some may be more explosive at 5-10 yards. Some guys stop and turn faster than guys that run a fast 100m. Some guys can control their speed far better, make a cut/slant and explode faster. Some guys run faster in pads and cleats and in the 4th Q. Judging speed between really fast guys using the 100m is somewhat archaic in football. Straight line movement over 100m or anything close to that distance in general is so rare except for special teams players, it’s such a poor indicator of ability unless the guy is running ridiculously slow 100m

the whole point was speed not ability and you’re adding a million variables to it. This is really simple. Kids running sub 11 100m are really fast there’s no arguing otherwise. Pena running an 11.05 is fast.

the whole point was speed not ability and you’re adding a million variables to it. This is really simple. Kids running sub 11 100m are really fast there’s no arguing otherwise. Pena running an 11.05 is fast.

You replied to my original post, I replied to your post. I replied to what my original point was.

Can you please explain how that's 'not fast at all' and provide some data?

Maybe you saw what SuTomcast posted for Syracuse 100m times? Anyone running a sub 11 is elite type speed and would be considered in a small group of the fastest football players in the country.

Georgia WR Demetris Roberston is considered one of the fastest guys in the country clocking a 4.35 - 40 and ran a 10.77 100m while on the Cal track team. Jabrill Peppers ran a 10.52 in NJ High School. I mean we're talking a 1/2 second or less difference here.

Trebor doesn't have elite speed but make no mistake he's fast. We don't even know how much effort/training he put into track.
I'm not saying the kid isn't fast. But a half second is a huge difference in the sprints.

I think Will Allen was in the high 10's. So if a guy in the high 10's can play corner in the NFL, a guy in the low 11's can be fast enough to be good for us.

Definitely see him as a slot receiver. Cutting ability and combination of lateral movement and speed stands out. Runs with a low gait, hips very low to the ground. Twitchy with the ball in his hands, especially in a phone booth. Does best work in the underneath zone routes and inside runs. Kind of back that wont necessarily break the game, but is productive with a lot of hidden yards after the catch. Raw as a route runner but ability to plant and cut at speed gives good potential here.

watched the NFL greatest player shows and on the DB one the video of darryl green chasing down Dickerson and TD tells me what fast really is

watched the NFL greatest player shows and on the DB one the video of darryl green chasing down Dickerson and TD tells me what fast really is

No doubt. But Darrel Green was long considered the fastest man in the NFL.

That shouldn't be the benchmark against which we measure incoming frosh.

No doubt. But Darrel Green was long considered the fastest man in the NFL.

That shouldn't be the benchmark against which we measure incoming frosh.
Until bo Jackson anyways

Until bo Jackson anyways
I'm pretty sure most still considered Green to be faster. Bo being as fast as he was at his size was sick