Athletic article on recruiting potential | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Athletic article on recruiting potential

Generally speaking in the last class, we missed out on a number of HS kids that our peers wanted and ended up adding very lightly recruited kids towards the end of the cycle. If you land the kids you target first, it’s a more efficient recruiting effort than having to scour for developmental projects later and it frees you up to focus on the next class. I feel like we miss so often on our initial target groups that we’re perpetually playing catch-up.

This exactly. We’re filling spots with a decent amount of kids almost nobody else is interested in. That’s a big problem and not a surprise our record the last 10+ years has reflected that

Oh stop. People have wanted to can him because his record after November is atrocious, his record against the ACC isn’t great, and his overall record not only wouldn’t keep him employed anywhere else but nobody would hire him as a HC if he left here. Nobody is looking to can him b/c we didn’t win the natty. Ridiculous take.

Some of that was sarcasm. But we dont need to delve into a discussion about whether Dino should have been fired or not. Thats been discussed ad nauseam.

All three of the schools you mention are way bigger/easier to recruit to programs. Would be nice but highly unlikely. It’s the Catch 22, our best chance to improve recruiting is to win consistently but until then we will likely be ranked very low so how do we win consistently by being ranked very low? Hopefully being last in terms of high school recruiting can improve somewhat but for the most part we have to develop kids, keep them at SU when they do develop and we need to hit the portal hard for higher end talent that gets stuck on the bench. Much easier to bring in higher end guys that way. High end high school kids all think they will start right away at the powerhouse programs so they have no reason to come to SU until realizing we are a path to playing time
Oh well, I guess we just give up and accept our existence. No way to improve our recruiting with such powers out there like Minnesota and NC State and...and Kansas State and Iowa too.

Oh well, I guess we just give up and accept our existence. No way to improve our recruiting with such powers out there like Minnesota and NC State and...and Kansas State and Iowa too.
Um, didn’t say that, but we are limited in terms of high school recruiting, but hopefully there will be improvement if we start making bowls regularly

Some of that was sarcasm. But we dont need to delve into a discussion about whether Dino should have been fired or not. Thats been discussed ad nauseam.

Fair point. And I say tongue in cheek stuff all the time. Sorry for responding like a douche, I’ve always liked you as a poster.

Fair point. And I say tongue in cheek stuff all the time. Sorry for responding like a douche, I’ve always liked you as a poster.

Haha all good… i deserve it from time to time and same to you!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom