Athlon Pre-Season Rankings (We're #27) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Athlon Pre-Season Rankings (We're #27)

I think this invalidated the list more than anything.
Jokes aside, their defense (the worst ever) will be mildly improved, and their offense (dubious) will take a big jump back.

I think that the ‘18-19 Huskies beat the ‘19-20 squad by 7-10.

I can’t seriously imagine anyone being worse.

You can pinpoint where they get lazy on this list. All the better G5 teams are bunched up. It's like our fantasy baseball draft when one person drafts a closer and then everyone thinks I need to draft a closer and 6 go in a row.

28 thru 31. 42 thru 46.

At least we're ahead both bunches.

27. Syracuse

Eric Dungey is gone, but Syracuse’s offense should have no trouble scoring points behind sophomore quarterback Tommy DeVito. Coach Dino Babers has some extra firepower at his disposal with transfers Abdul Adams (running back) and Trishton Jackson (receiver) eligible for a full year in 2019.
I don't have a problem with this little writeup, but the ranking seems low. I'll take another year starting off over looked.

This means nothing, but for the life of me, I am not sure how VT can be ranked ahead of SU. I suppose they play in the weaker division, but that team was a mess late last fall (their win over UVA notwithstanding). Of course, we were ranked 11, 12 or 13 in the ACC last year in most preseasons rags.

Team went like 50-125 over the previous 15 seasons, had a nice 10-3 year but has graduated the quarterback who a lot of fans on this site seriously think should have his number retired immediately.

Considering the uncertainty that comes with that transition, I'd say #27 sounds more than fair. And I'm the guy who thinks Devito is going to make everyone forget about his predecessor.
Its not crazy or anything, but ranked 15 at the end of the season and a lot of talent coming back with a favorable schedule, I would keep them at 15 and as everybody here knows, I am completely unbiased !

It's not their fault, they didn't know!

It is their fault, they should have known!

Dino Babers remains at the helm. Tommy Devito continues the march to Syracuse Football elite status. Abdul Adams punishes defenses. The defense bends but does not break. Special teams remain special. It's their fault. They should have known!

FSU #50 lol. Feels a bit generous there.

bCaUse tHeY aRe bRInGiNG iN hOrnYBrOOk lOOkout aCc wE gOt a b1g tIMe qB hE iS
b1g eLevEn TeSted~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom