Attend Syracuse University, Be a No. 1 NFL Draft Pick | Syracusefan.com

Attend Syracuse University, Be a No. 1 NFL Draft Pick

OrangePA

Living Legend
Once again the high school football world should understand that Syracuse University produces great football players - players who get drafted No. 1 by NFL teams.

Chandler Jones' selection by the Pats confirms the quality of the SU Football Program.

It is still true, Syracuse University is "where the legends come to play."

Because it happens so often. ;)

It would certainly be nice if CJones started a long streak...

Freeney drafted in Rd 1 in 2002
Jones drafted in Rd 1 in 2012

Once every 10 years SU gets a guy in Rd 1. Yep, SU that football factory and NFL feeder system:rolleyes:

Once again the high school football world should understand that Syracuse University produces great football players - players who get drafted No. 1 by NFL teams.

Chandler Jones' selection by the Pats confirms the quality of the SU Football Program.

It is still true, Syracuse University is "where the legends come to play."
Since we can promise that you'd think we wouldn't need 7-8 years to be decent.

But heck, what do I know, my last coaching gig was intramural girls flag football, I should put my face back in front of the TV for some Madden.;)

But heck, what do I know, my last coaching gig was intramural girls flag football, I should put my face back in front of the TV for some Madden.;)

If any of those girls could play, I hope you steered them towards the Orange!

Sorry Grotto but I don't understand what this means: "Since we can promise that you'd think we wouldn't need 7-8 years to be decent."

I have no idea how to respond to that. I need an explanation.

Sorry Grotto but I don't understand what this means: "Since we can promise that you'd think we wouldn't need 7-8 years to be decent."

I have no idea how to respond to that. I need an explanation.
I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE IF WE CALL SYRACUSE THE PLACE WHERE LEGENDS COME TO PLAY WE SHOULD HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR FOOTBALL PROGRAM?

YES, I'M SHOUTING THIS.

I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE IF WE CALL SYRACUSE THE PLACE WHERE LEGENDS COME TO PLAY WE SHOULD HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR FOOTBALL PROGRAM?

YES, I'M SHOUTING THIS.

Yes, I have high hopes for the Program.

But I don't establish silly, short-term unrealistic goals.

I believe that with time we will have enough athletes to compete nationally.

But I realize that right now and for the next few years we will not have say, four first round draft picks - as Alabama had last night.

And I realize that in order to approach that kind of talent level - the numbers of great athletes - we will have to invest much more money in the program.

And finally, I will not engage in silly coaching criticism because for example Ryan Nassib doesn't play to the level of Tannyhill or

Hopefully those who shout out unrealistic expectations and unfounded coaching criticisms will quite down and allow the procees to continue.

Once every 10 years SU gets a guy in Rd 1. Yep, SU that football factory and NFL feeder system:rolleyes:

Negative attitude.

Since you've given up your tickets, why not go root for those Colgate Red Raiders.

Yes, I have high hopes for the Program.

But I don't establish silly, short-term unrealistic goals.

I believe that with time we will have enough athletes to compete nationally.

But I realize that right now and for the next few years we will not have say, four first round draft picks - as Alabama had last night.

And I realize that in order to approach that kind of talent level - the numbers of great athletes - we will have to invest much more money in the program.

And finally, I will not engage in silly coaching criticism because for example Ryan Nassib doesn't play to the level of Tannyhill or

Hopefully those who shout out unrealistic expectations and unfounded coaching criticisms will quite down and allow the procees to continue.
Whatever keeps the heat off Marrone and the responsibility on the fans.

Negative attitude.

Since you've given up your tickets, why not go root for those Colgate Red Raiders.

It's ok to still be a die-hard fan and admit that our players have not been drafted in the first two rounds for the past decade.

Heck, I'm sure a lot of opposing coaches have said the same when they recruit against us.

Always someone to dampen a good thing and what we are trying to do. On our way back up the elevator from a long fall. Bye.

Always someone to dampen a good thing and what we are trying to do. On our way back up the elevator from a long fall. Bye.
Ahh..but they will say they are doing a service by taking off our orange colored glasses and giving us the unvarnished truth. Sorry, I like my glasses... I'll keep them on.

If this had happened a couple of years ago maybe Ishaq is wearing Orange.

Are you accepting responsibility from your Utah lair?
Not when I'm in my lair. I merely abide when I'm in my lair.

I'm just miffed by the sentiment that we get on here a lot that our fans just need to suffer and take it, whatever "it" may be, or that if they're not ideal fans that they aren't needed, especially since it seems to go hand in hand with defending Marrone at all costs.

I mean, I don't know, maybe I'm the crazy one, but it seems to me if someone should be held responsible for things it should be the one that gets paid to do things and not the one that pays to see those things.

:slinks back to lair, swarthily:

It's ok to still be a die-hard fan and admit that our players have not been drafted in the first two rounds for the past decade.

Heck, I'm sure a lot of opposing coaches have said the same when they recruit against us.

I guess that's my point.

We probably don't want our fans doing as opposing coaches might do - trash or denigrate our program.

Whatever keeps the heat off Marrone and the responsibility on the fans.

Always a pleasure to have your insight.

How you read "it's the fans' fault" into my observation is hard to figure.

How many teams could say the same thing? And more often? Just saying.

Ok. What are you doing to change it?
Well, I regularly engage in conversation on the board about how stupid it is to blame fans for things and advocate for better treatment of the fanbase.

I get you're trying to make some kind of point, which is sweet for a Friday.

The NFL Network does have us in their top 10 football factories. :p

10. Tennessee
9. The MAC conference
8. Syracuse
7. Penn State
6. Alabama
5. Michigan
4. Ohio State
3. Notre Dame
2. Miami
1. USC

Well, I regularly engage in conversation on the board about how stupid it is to blame fans for things

What things do fans get blamed for. Just curious?

What things do fans get blamed for. Just curious?
You haven't been reading the board I take it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom