Attend Syracuse University, Be a No. 1 NFL Draft Pick | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Attend Syracuse University, Be a No. 1 NFL Draft Pick

Negative attitude.

Since you've given up your tickets, why not go root for those Colgate Red Raiders.
Yep, because I gave up my season tickets I am not allowed to even talk about SU football. What a tool you are! lol

Once again the high school football world should understand that Syracuse University produces great football players - players who get drafted No. 1 by NFL teams.

Chandler Jones' selection by the Pats confirms the quality of the SU Football Program.

It is still true, Syracuse University is "where the legends come to play."

It's a nice sentiment, but not something that Syracuse can really own any more. A decade between #1s outweighs the greats of the waaaaay past, naming of the Mackey Award, etc.

Plus, it doesn't seem to fit with Marrone's modus operandi. He seems to be about team and personal development. His sell seems to be "be a leader of 84 others to bring this storied program BACK to big-time BCS bowls we've been in. Help us prepare to disrupt the ACC and win championships. And I will give you my personal guarantee I will prepare you for life be it in the NFL where I once was or for a great broadcast or engineering career."

Kids of top-flight talent are already legends in their own mind, in many, many cases. Right now, we need the exceptional talent that thinks different and maybe nab Myron Rolle-types (Fla State star that won a Rhodes Scholar.) We get a few of those, then we might actually start to win and THEN attracts the big timers more realistically.

Negative attitude.

Since you've given up your tickets, why not go root for those Colgate Red Raiders.

I agree with this 100%. The moment you give up your tix because of a temper tantrum and an attempt to send a message you are part of the problem and not the solution. It's ok to bitch, meltdown, vent criticize but once you drop those tickets for theses reasons you are a non entity to me and have really no place to bitch. Sounds like you will comeback when they start winning.. Move on and go support the Morrisville program all I hear is Charlie Brown teacher voice. We all know that D gross and Marrone have ruined your fall Saturdays,how dare they rip you off!! We all know they are trying to go 5-7 and not make bowl games and the kids are satisfied with mediocre. You want results open your wallet don't throw a temper tantrum. IF you are nom longer enjoying the Syracuse football experience go do something else but why post about it. Sure I would love to win more but nobody's holding a gun to your head, move on

I'm getting a little tired of people ripping others for their choice about season tickets.

I gave up my season tix after the 2003 campaign, and honestly it's no one's god damn business why I did. You boys want to rip me? Call me a bad fan? Should I go root for Yale?

In other words, get off your ing high horses.

And "the problem" is not that one guy drops his tickets. The problem is that there aren't 2 guys to take his place. You're not addressing the root causes of that, oh high and mighty ones.

Dear Negative Nancys,
I really don't think it's the season tickets so much as it's the attitude that you're done with watching SU football. If you're emotionally done and have lost hope, then be done with it. If you're still a fan, then talk like you want to see wins and glory and all the things fans hope for.

I'm getting a little tired of people ripping others for their choice about season tickets.

I gave up my season tix after the 2003 campaign, and honestly it's no one's god damn business why I did. You boys want to rip me? Call me a bad fan? Should I go root for Yale?

In other words, get off your ******* high horses.

And "the problem" is not that one guy drops his tickets. The problem is that there aren't 2 guys to take his place. You're not addressing the root causes of that, oh high and mighty ones.

It's not the decision to stop buying season tix.

It's the public declaration while trashing the program - for bogus reasons as far as I can tell - and then coming on this board and trashing the program.

In other words, get off your ******* high horses.

You didn't give up your seasons because if the traffic from (insert locale within 12 miles of the Dome from here) or that your super cheap parking a 6 iron way from the Dome might become a building (remember when Stadium had parking in the 80s and 90s?) or because the price of a Dome Foam got bumped 50 cents or because we don't run a run shoot inspite of not having the athletes to do so or because Gross is trying to make money for the school. That's the stuff that makes one go :bang:

You didn't give up your seasons because if the traffic from (insert locale within 12 miles of the Dome from here) or that your super cheap parking a 6 iron way from the Dome might become a building (remember when Stadium had parking in the 80s and 90s?) or because the price of a Dome Foam got bumped 50 cents or because we don't run a run shoot inspite of not having the athletes to do so or because Gross is trying to make money for the school. That's the stuff that makes one go :bang:

You know I'm with you on all that. I'm just sick of the board bullying. Its tiresome.

Yep, because I gave up my season tickets I am not allowed to even talk about SU football. What a tool you are! lol
no, u r the 2 foo, bye

Dear Negative Nancys,
I really don't think it's the season tickets so much as it's the attitude that you're done with watching SU football. If you're emotionally done and have lost hope, then be done with it. If you're still a fan, then talk like you want to see wins and glory and all the things fans hope for.

Who the hell has said they are done watching SU football. I have never seen that post. Giving up season tickets just means they won't be at every home game. It doesn't mean they stop watching :rolleyes:

Giving up season tix for locals means giving up to me... If you are here posting you are a fan., if you have had seasons for 20 years and give up seasons because of temper tantrums and the fact the one feels Syracuse university has wronged them or Doug Marrone has shut them out then and move on because you are not a fan but just another CNY curmudgeon who is clueless about what things really cost

I'm sick of locals who feel the university owes them something because they spend a few hundred dollars a year. It's nonsense. Everything is affordable up there if you consider what you are getting. People need to get out more

I'm sick of locals who feel the university owes them something because they spend a few hundred dollars a year. It's nonsense. Everything is affordable up there if you consider what you are getting. People need to get out more

SU doesn't owe them anything. And you know what... they don't owe SU anything. No one is obligated to buy season tickets. Unless that's a hidden clause in ObamaCare that I'm unfamiliar with.

Giving up season tix for locals means giving up to me... If you are here posting you are a fan., if you have had seasons for 20 years and give up seasons because of temper tantrums and the fact the one feels Syracuse university has wronged them or Doug Marrone has shut them out then and move on because you are not a fan but just another CNY curmudgeon who is clueless about what things really cost

Yeah, that's stupid. Forget the reason why someone gives up tickets, it's immaterial. What's important is that there is one less season ticket holder, and no one in the community lining up to take their seats.

You and OPA are reacting to a perceived temper tantrum with your own temper tantrum. Be an adult and discuss the real problem.

So since I haven't had season tickets since 2003 am I a bad fan, IB? Should I be banned from discussing the program? Please tell me how I can be your ideal fan.

What's important is that there is one less season ticket holder, and no one in the community lining up to take their seats.

You and OPA are reacting to a perceived temper tantrum with your own temper tantrum. Be an adult and discuss the real problem.
This is well said.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I love when people want to spend other peoples money.

Someone stops buying SU season tickets for whatever reason and "others" here go and attack them and want to spend their hard earned money for them!! It's unreal

Yeah, that's stupid. Forget the reason why someone gives up tickets, it's immaterial. What's important is that there is one less season ticket holder, and no one in the community lining up to take their seats.

So since I haven't had season tickets since 2003 am I a bad fan, IB? Should I be banned from discussing the program? Please tell me how I can be your ideal fan.

I have had season tickets since 1986 and I am a bad fan too. My family has had them since 1980, they are bad fans. Now in 2012 because we for one year say we aren't renewing we are all bad fans, bad people, and shouldn't talk about or watch SU football ever again.

The logic is amusing!

And this "temper tantrum" thing? I haven't seen one fan throw a temper tantrum and say they are done. The reasons why most fans have left are multiple and not some short-fused reaction to one little thing! Why fans have stopped being season ticket holders or have recently quit isn't some short multiple choice answer to a question that fits nice and neat into a little box, its more like an essay question with some thought put behind it with multiple tangents. Once again, no temper tantrum, just people choosing to spend their own money differently.

Once again, just because I gave up season tickets doesn't mean I am no longer going to SU football games. I plan on going to HALF the SU HOME games this year! I am just NOT buying season tickets.

SU doesn't owe them anything. And you know what... they don't owe SU anything. No one is obligated to buy season tickets. Unless that's a hidden clause in ObamaCare that I'm unfamiliar with.

Actually, before Obama Care certain fans could probably get into the game for free - we paid for them.

Good thing the Heritage Foundation and Mitt Romney laid the blue prints for the legislation!

I have had season tickets since 1986 and I am a bad fan too. My family has had them since 1980, they are bad fans. Now in 2012 because we for one year say we aren't renewing we are all bad fans, bad people, and shouldn't talk about or watch SU football ever again.

The logic is amusing!

And this "temper tantrum" thing? I haven't seen one fan throw a temper tantrum and say they are done. The reasons why most fans have left are multiple and not some short-fused reaction to one little thing! Why fans have stopped being season ticket holders or have recently quit isn't some short multiple choice answer to a question that fits nice and neat into a little box, its more like an essay question with some thought put behind it with multiple tangents. Once again, no temper tantrum, just people choosing to spend their own money differently.

Once again, just because I gave up season tickets doesn't mean I am no longer going to SU football games. I plan on going to HALF the SU HOME games this year! I am just NOT buying season tickets.

Okay, why after so much time are you giving up your tickets?

I ask because you made it on issue by publicly announcing it on this board - you apparently felt taht we were interested in knowing what you decided to do.

Since you determined that it was our business, I guess we have the right to comment on your decision or to question it to a certain extent.

My recollection was, and it may be wrong, that you announced your decision as some sort of protest against the University.

Now you can explain to us in detail why you chose not to renew.

Okay, why after so much time are you giving up your tickets?

I ask because you made it on issue by publicly announcing it on this board - you apparently felt taht we were interested in knowing what you decided to do.

Since you determined that it was our business, I guess we have the right to comment on your decision or to question it to a certain extent.

My recollection was, and it may be wrong, that you announced your decision as some sort of protest against the University.

Now you can explain to us in detail why you chose not to renew.
I have explained it a million times on this site. Go back and read old posts if you want to find out why. It's almost May, nobody cares (aside from you) about me and my ticket situation anymore to re-hash it again when it has been beaten to death on this message board and it has been discussed numerous times. Go through the archives and old posts to read it. I don't have the energy to type it again. Especially for YOU because you are the only one who seems to care still. IN MAY!

I have explained it a million times on this site. Go back and read old posts if you want to find out why. It's almost May, nobody cares (aside from you) about me and my ticket situation anymore to re-hash it again when it has been beaten to death on this message board and it has been discussed numerous times. Go through the archives and old posts to read it. I don't have the energy to type it again. Especially for YOU because you are the only one who seems to care still. IN MAY!

Since others have posted on the subject, it appears that I am not the only one who is interested in the issue.

The only reason I know about your decision is because you decided to tell me about it - me and everybody else. You apparently felt that your decision was something we should know and discuss. Please don't assign the topic to me. It's your topic - you made your decision public.

My recollection is that you announced your decision because of the $7 processing fee.

Bees seems to think that I am wrong about that.

So, instead of referring to some old post just answer the question and end this discussion once and for all.

Why did you give up your seats?

It will take two seconds for you to answer.

Thank you.

I had a great time at the spring game and renewed 6 season tickets moving all of them to the pref section. I also bought 4 in the 99.00 range to give to people i know that would love to follow the orange but dont have the ability to pay for the tickets. I live in CO and if im lucky will get to see two home games this year. I plan on being at the USC game which i think is fantastic for the program and i also plan on going to the Missu game. Im a fan of the program period. I have been on record with my thoughts on Doug. I hope he makes it jury is out in my mind but it doesnt matter because i support the team. Everyone has their own reasons why they are or are not a fan. If Stern wants to give up his tickets so be it he can still be a fan. For me if i lived in the Syracuse area unless i was sick or had a personal situation that was important i would NEVER miss a home game. Does this make me a better fan than say Stern im not sure. I go because i enjoy it and love Syracuse University. Always have and always will. Go Orange!!

Since others have posted on the subject, it appears that I am not the only one who is interested in the issue.

The only reason I know about your decision is because you decided to tell me about it - me and everybody else. You apparently felt that your decision was something we should know and discuss. Please don't assign the topic to me. It's your topic - you made your decision public.

My recollection is that you announced your decision because of the $7 processing fee.

ha ha ha ha, uh it had NOTHING AT ALL to do with the $7 fee. But no matter what I tell you, I know you will ignore it, put a spin on it, and come out against some made up argument that you attach my name to. Like you have in the past with me on other issues. Which is why I won't play this game with you.

IF you care so much as to why I gave up my seats, its very easy...thumb through the old posts. The answer is there. Clear as day