Attendance on Sat | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance on Sat

30k. Last game at the Dome for 8 months. Must win. Weekend. Team has been great at home. Season has been filled with exciting, down to the wire games. From an entertainment aspect, what more can you ask for?

Hopefully the last game at the dome for 8 months [knocks on wood]

I'm going to be there w ~40 of my fraternity brothers, we're having an impromptu reunion this weekend.
So that's a little bit of an attendance bump.

We're also getting a tour of the Melo center that morning, so I'm really looking forward to the weekend!! :cool:

The last game I saw in person at the Dome, ended w Sherman Douglas throwing down a reverse dunk to cap off an amazing win over JTII and the hated Hoyas.
It's been a while...

what house?

there are enough people apparently going that tix are actually hard to get. I'm going to be up there this weekend and have put feelers out to my usual sources for 4, and have come up empty. not going to scalp, so I'll prob watch the game on TV

there are enough people apparently going that tix are actually hard to get. I'm going to be up there this weekend and have put feelers out to my usual sources for 4, and have come up empty. not going to scalp, so I'll prob watch the game on TV
This is true, the section I was sitting in for Louisville tickets were $25 they are $44 for this game. I would expect between 27,000-29,000 but would not be surprised if it goes over 30,000 honestly.

Yep I think about 24k will be there and theyll announce 28k.
They don't do that. I was talking to an SU official about this 10 days have stuck with the Coyle method regarding announced attendance: butts in seats.

They might not even be able to name the seniors
Keep it up and many here will have the same sentiment about you...

I'm going to be there w ~40 of my fraternity brothers, we're having an impromptu reunion this weekend.
So that's a little bit of an attendance bump.

We're also getting a tour of the Melo center that morning, so I'm really looking forward to the weekend!! :cool:

The last game I saw in person at the Dome, ended w Sherman Douglas throwing down a reverse dunk to cap off an amazing win over JTII and the hated Hoyas.
It's been a while...
I didnt know that Sherm could dunk - cool

By gawd he's got a family!!!!
They don't do that. I was talking to an SU official about this 10 days have stuck with the Coyle method regarding announced attendance: butts in seats.

DB, can you confirm this? Given how many Christmas break games had about 13,000 butts in seats, I'm not buying it, but a lot of people think that's how it's done now.

DB, can you confirm this? Given how many Christmas break games had about 13,000 butts in seats, I'm not buying it, but a lot of people think that's how it's done now.

They might be trying to stay true to that for conference games or more high profile games but I remain skeptical. Football games are my way to judge them on it. I've seen true attendance numbers for most games. Even with Coyle.

They might be trying to stay true to that for conference games or more high profile games but I remain skeptical. Football games are my way to judge them on it. I've seen true attendance numbers for most games. Even with Coyle.

Thanks, Dan, that was more or less my understanding too. (Interesting that they try to stay honest for high profile games, though. I like that idea, no more of those "26,000" for South Florida when there's 18,000 in the house.)

Thanks, Dan, that was more or less my understanding too. (Interesting that they try to stay honest for high profile games, though. I like that idea, no more of those "26,000" for South Florida when there's 18,000 in the house.)

It's just my guess - although you can also hide phony numbers in bigger games. Do I think there was a huge crowd vs Duke? Yes. Do i truly believe they broke 30K IN the building? No

What a sad statement.

This board has made both Coleman and Roberson anything but forgettable. Good or bad reasons, they still deserve the recognition they will get on Sunday.
Read deeper. I meant no ill intent. TO THE CASUAL FAN, not me or the board.

I didnt know that Sherm could dunk - cool

Me neither! Don't think he ever had in a game (at least, that I saw) until then.

There's video of it as part of the Syracuse Dunk Tape, I'm pretty sure.
(also includes his hike between the legs to Stevie, among many other awesome ones)

Sherm was basically my height (I'm 5'10"), and there's a zero point zero chance of me ever dunking, much less a 2-hand reverse jam and then hanging on the rim for a moment. :cool:

I read your post and personally I did not think it was offensive, etc. It's certainly interesting though how people selectively chose to respond, along with getting personal. Unfortunately, it's not all that uncommon here. We all may interpret things differently, but at least one could truly seek to understand prior to spewing their own vitriol, or better yet, simply disagree without being disagreeable.

Glad to hear that you meant something different than what I read as two separate comments. Casual fans and then unforgettable seniors.

Hopefully the last game at the dome for 8 months [knocks on wood]

Why would it be the last game in the dome for 8 months? In 6 months we play our fb opener.

Why would it be the last game in the dome for 8 months? In 6 months we play our fb opener.

I mean, I was talking about basketball. I'll be there for football, just like I have been for almost every game the last 10 years. If we're playing semantics, the next game in the Dome after Saturday will actually be the following day for SU lax vs. Virginia.

Tickets on the secondary market look like they are expensive and not readily available. What do you think chances are we see a crowd of over 30,000 tomorrow?

Tickets on the secondary market look like they are expensive and not readily available. What do you think chances are we see a crowd of over 30,000 tomorrow?

Glad I got mine over a month ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom