Attendance predictions?... do we see alot of silver? | Syracusefan.com

Attendance predictions?... do we see alot of silver?

bothsocksup

Starter
I would love to see a packed house, but I dont know if this team has fan momentum going into next year. Im almost as excited to see the new ribbon boards/video boards as I am the team.

What are your predictions for the 1st

Announced: 38K.

Humans in seats: 30K.

NW...I'll use Scooch's nums 38k/30K
USC 53k/49k
Stony Brook 34k/24k
Pitt 41k/36k
UConn 42k/38k
Louisville 43k/39k

I'm thinking the team overachieves and actually gets decent crowds later in the season as they push for a bowl game.

gonna be short two people gotta a varsity game at the same time.. but if the school will hold kickoff until about 5 i could make it. anyone at the tailgate willing to unplug the extension cord that lights the dome for me, you might have to accidentally trip and unplug it 2-3 times though to buy me enough time to get there..

NW - going with 41k. Doug's FB page working magic. ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - camp is just starting and someone decides to start the attendance posts?????? please no

here it is - 2012 attendance? crappy

they actually put those ribbon boards in to flash orange on the silver bleachers to make it look like we have 49K rather than 30K. In all reality though..
NW 33K
USC 50K
Stony 31K
Pitt 35K
Ucant(come to the ACC) 34K
The Ville 38K

Going with 40k announced, 37.5k actual. It is a B1G school for the opening game.

There is a reason we are camping at Ft. Drum.

Bring down the entire camp for SB. $1 pitchers at Chuck's before and after the game. marshall Street looks like the homecoming parade scene from Animal House.

I think the NW opener will see a good turnout, 40k+. How that game goes will directly impact what the rest of the seasons crowd looks like. Alot of wait and see fans that could be swayed one way or the other.

Our attendance has climbed every year under Marrone. Although the jump between '10 - '11 was only by a few hundred.

Northwestern - Between 40k-41k (40,251 showed in '09)

Predictions for the rest of the season...

USC - Between 48k-55k (Haven't heard much about the ticket sales of this game. I would be surprised if it exceeds 55k.)
Stony Brook - 36-38k (Similar to Rhode Island last year.)
Pitt - 41k-44k (Depends on how well the teams is doing.)
UConn - 40k-42k(41,365 came in '10.)
Louisville - 42-43k (Is supposed to be the #1 Big East team.)

Our attendance has climbed every year under Marrone. Although the jump between '10 - '11 was only by a few hundred.

Northwestern - Between 40k-41k (40,251 showed in '09)

Predictions for the rest of the season...

USC - Between 48k-55k (Haven't heard much about the ticket sales of this game. I would be surprised if it exceeds 55k.)
Stony Brook - 36-38k (Similar to Rhode Island last year.)
Pitt - 41k-44k (Depends on how well the teams is doing.)
UConn - 40k-42k(41,365 came in '10.)
Louisville - 42-43k (Is supposed to be the #1 Big East team.)

Id be happy with those attendance numbers but those sounds awfully high especially the Stony Brook and Pitt game. If this team is 0-2 going into Stony Brook we will be lucky to get 25K

Id be happy with those attendance numbers but those sounds awfully high especially the Stony Brook and Pitt game. If this team is 0-2 going into Stony Brook we will be lucky to get 25K

I keep harping on this... That NW game is HUGE. If we are 0-2, seven game losing streak, coming off a beat down at the hands of USC, that SB game may be awful attendance-wise.

The old adage about offense selling tickets and defense winning games is fine but in Syracuse ,descretionary $ aren't going to be spent on losing teams regardless of which unit excels.:cool:

I keep harping on this... That NW game is HUGE. If we are 0-2, seven game losing streak, coming off a beat down at the hands of USC, that SB game may be awful attendance-wise.

Not only is it huge for attendance its huge for the year to, trust me when I say an 0-2 SU team going into a game in front of 20K fans against a 1AA NYC team who thinks its the superbowl is a recipe for an epic disaster.

I'd say we can count on at least a dozen Northwestern fans making the trip. So that counts, right?

I would love to see a packed house, but I dont know if this team has fan momentum going into next year. Im almost as excited to see the new ribbon boards/video boards as I am the team.

What are your predictions for the 1st
I think we surprise in game one and the season.2013 is the season that Doug gets all the pieces of the team in place. I don't see too many missing pieces for this next season. This season will be better thn expected to fuel the excitement for next September.

I'd say we can count on at least a dozen Northwestern fans making the trip. So that counts, right?
Especially if they are super overweight and take up a couple seats apiece.

The old adage about offense selling tickets and defense winning games is fine but in Syracuse ,descretionary $ aren't going to be spent on losing teams regardless of which unit excels.:cool:

Disagree, we will have more fans for Stony Brook if we lose to NW 48-45 compared to if we lose to them 13-10. The fans want excitement!

IIRC NW and Minnesota fans actually represented better than most BE teams the last times they were in the dome.

IIRC NW and Minnesota fans actually represented better than most BE teams the last times they were in the dome.

I wasn't at the NW game. But I don't remember too many Minny fans at all. In any event, it's not hard to represent better than most BE teams. If a family of 4 shows up it's probably at least a push.

I went to the NW opener out there in 2008. Granted, students weren't there yet, but didn't strike me as a group that was overly excited about the season kicking off. Not much of a college football atmosphere at all.

I wasn't at the NW game. But I don't remember too many Minny fans at all. In any event, it's not hard to represent better than most BE teams. If a family of 4 shows up it's probably at least a push.

I went to the NW opener out there in 2008. Granted, students weren't there yet, but didn't strike me as a group that was overly excited about the season kicking off. Not much of a college football atmosphere at all.

I was talking circa 2010. New coach @ SU had some hopeful fans show up. I don't recall the Minne fans aside from seeing them outside the dome waiting for their team by their bus after the game.

NW game, I recall being surprised how many fans (and a flags) I saw in Sky Top and bussing over to the dome with us considering they're a small enrollment private school from quite a distance away. Knowledgable and friendly fans though from what I encountered. I asked one of their fans about the status of Corey Wootten coming back from injury and telling him they needed to watch out for Mike Williams at WR.