Auburn cheated | Syracusefan.com

Auburn cheated

It's unreal how badly the refs messed up the end of that game.

They didn't call an obvious foul that would've sent Charleston to the line for 3 shots, down 3.

Then, if that wasn't bad enough, they let Auburn trick them into allowing one of their best foul shooters to go to the line over the actual player who is one of their worst.

CBB Officiating is epic in its awfulness but that was just on another level.

Bruce pearl is the consummate scumbag.

Well , seeing as though he keeps getting rewarded for it , why change ?

The coaches are the true dirt bags of college athletics .. not kids trying to get side money or even agents trying to help facilitate that ..

The coaches with their multimillion dollar salaries who can leave from 1 job to the next yet many who think kids should get paid jack squat and be forced to serve out their full term of eligibility at 1 institution regardless of fit

In my opinion, the party bearing the most fault is auburn and their players. The refs missed it but auburn cheated. The refs were negligent but auburn did something intentionally. Theres certain lines you simply dont cross. The player who took the shots should get suspended.

This is simple gamemanship. No different than why a guy tries to claim he was the one who committed the foul. Or a player flops or lets himself easily go on a block/charge.

All that being said Pearl is still dirty, but this play in itself is hardly unethical.

This is simple gamemanship. No different than why a guy tries to claim he was the one who committed the foul. Or a player flops or lets himself easily go on a block/charge.

All that being said Pearl is still dirty, but this play in itself is hardly unethical.

This is easy to distinguish from both those scenarios. This is a much larger evil. This is straightforward cheating.

This is easy to distinguish from both those scenarios. This is a much larger evil. This is straightforward cheating.

So a guy claiming he committed the foul to save another player from fouling out which always happen, is clearly different?

So a guy claiming he committed the foul to save another player from fouling out which always happen, is clearly different?

Yes, your scenario is much more subjective. Refs call fouls on the wrong guys all the time. In fact, they make bad calls all the time. You couldnt really police it because who knows what the person raising their hand really thinks. Which player is entitled to shoot a free throw, however, is black and white. There was clear intent to cheat. Moreover, I view accepting a personal foul to be much less criminal than shooting someone else’s free throws

This tactic has been tried, almost never successfully by every program... even under JB.

I did not see this but I’m not sure how sanctimonious we should be. Are we sure JB, in Pearls place, would do differently? Or any coach? And I can imagine the clamour here if it looked like it was going to work and JB or any any coach stopped it and then lost the game.

This is on the ref who called the foul. For Christmas sakes he called who had the ball and who fouled him. It’s not rocket science!

This is on the ref who called the foul. For Christmas sakes he called who had the ball and who fouled him. It’s not rocket science!

I dont think anyone denies the ref made a mistake.

The referee made a mistake, caused by the Auburn players switching who had the ball. The referee's mistake does not excuse the total lack of integrity by the Auburn players in any way.

Teams do this stuff all the time. This isn't abnormal. Refs need to catch it and not get okey-doked by some 19 year olds.

It seems like people are hard-wired one of two ways on this kind of stuff:
1) The "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'" crowd, and
2) People that think integrity matters in all things, at all times.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom