Class of 2018 - Austin Staats (ON / OCC) Attack to NLL Draft | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Austin Staats (ON / OCC) Attack to NLL Draft

Bygone but do wonder a bit if the dally with him affected any past decisions by potential recruits or transfers.

Imagine what he would do with a short stick on him in D1. He would body someone up like that but have a relatively massive goal to shoot on. Dang it's still depressing we couldn't land this guy.

Winaskaus , 35-15-50 @ Maryland. 2nd highest scoring EVER by a Maryland freshman...that is my sigh because he was actually here displaying his total game...Hoping the string out dalliance was not the slightest of factors for him deparing

In addition to the 5 goals, he also dished out 4 assists.

And with that, I close my personal chapter on Mr. Staats - while you are truly a special talent, you are officially dead to me. Next man up...

Winaskaus , 35-15-50 @ Maryland. 2nd highest scoring EVER by a Maryland freshman...that is my sigh because he was actually here displaying his total game...Hoping the string out dalliance was not the slightest of factors for him deparing[/

Will be interesting to see if Wisnauskas can repeat in 2019. I watched a lot of film on him last year and he was often wide open for a feed on the doorstep due to slide. Great finisher, but needs a creator.

Regarding Wisnauskas. I think his numbers will improve as his game develops and I think Maryland has a few good creators around him in Fairman, Bernhardt and a couple others. I think Wisnauskas can also create when matched up on the 3rd defender.

Dont think many realize how atheletic and coordinated Winaskaus is.. Could have been a d1 qb. Having creators helps anyone but not the reason for his success. He's much more versatile than a Gaudet or Pettersen as he could create for himself and others if that was his role. He would have starred here.

Wisnauskas was very good at x and crease, quick accurate shot, but exceptional passer. A major loss.

I took it as a good sign that he wasn't wearing a knee brace in that picture. When i googled his name i came to find out that he tore his ACL in the same knee in April. Feel bad for the kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom