Austin Wilson | Syracusefan.com

Austin Wilson

PhatOrange

Living Legend
new article on another site seems to imply Wilson was one of the top sleeper prospects at the Mid-Atlantic Showcase.

"The Mid-Atlantic Showcase's big names performed as expected. However, some of the players looking to make a name for themselves, such as Austin Wilson, also impressed..."

There is a big picture of him and right now it is their main story on the national page.

The more I read and see, the more this seems to be a great move. If Tim Boyle decides on SU, Wilson may decide to go elsewhere on to compete for the spot. Either way, we have a quality prospect. The offers to DeShone Kizer and A.J. Long for the following year have us on them early and may enhance our chances. Things are looking up.

The more I read and see, the more this seems to be a great move. If Tim Boyle decides on SU, Wilson may decide to go elsewhere on to compete for the spot. Either way, we have a quality prospect. The offers to DeShone Kizer and A.J. Long for the following year have us on them early and may enhance our chances. Things are looking up.
I still think that Ashton Broyld will play a major role in this position and recruiting. Doug cannot and will not open 2013 with nothing at the position. He wouldn't be a good HC if he did that. The only other options are Kinder or Hunt and while its possible I think Broyld will be the answer.:p

Florida doesn’t have a quarterback committed for its 2013 recruiting class.
That could change this weekend.
The Gators are hosting a pair of three-star quarterbacks in Tim Boyle (Middletown, Conn./Xavier) and Ryan Buchanan (Jackson, Miss./Jackson Prep). has Boyle and Buchanan ranked No. 23 and No. 25, respectively, at their position.
Both prospects were offered in the month of May and have high interest in UF. They could not be reached for comment Monday night.
Buchanan just narrowed his finalists to a Top 3 and the Gators made the cut along with Ole Miss and Tennessee. His visit this Friday will be his first time seeing Gainesville.
Here’s what the 6-foot-3, 210-pounder had to say about the Gators after they offered on May 8.
“Growing up in the south you hear about Florida all the time,” Buchanan told . “It’s usually a top program. Tebow was there a couple of years ago … I think very highly of Florida and think it seems like a really cool place to play.”
Boyle was offered by Florida on May 16, a day after being evaluated by UF offensive coordinator Brent Pease. The 6-foot-4, 216-pounder also holds offers from Boston College, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pittsburgh and Syracuse.

Boyle doesn’t have a top list of schools yet, but UF is likely his leader based on his background with the Gators. Like Buchanan, Boyle is very familiar with Florida despite being an out-of-state prospect.
He has connections with current UF quarterback Tyler Murphy and recent UF linebacker transfer Graham Stewart, both from Connecticut.
“Graham Stewart went to my high school and he dated my sister for a while,” Boyle told May 19. “I watched his whole recruiting process and how it worked with Florida and how it unraveled. I have always been a Florida fan and I’ve taken a visit down there already this past February and watched the quarterbacks Jeff (Driskel) and Jacoby (Brissett) workout and sat down with coach (Brian) White.
“I talked to (Tyler Murphy) while I was down there and I asked him about the distance factor from Connecticut to Florida … He reassured me that the distance thing is a little tough freshman year, but that’s just how it goes and once you get over the hump it’s a great experience.”
With the latest developments on the recruiting board, Buchanan and Boyle are Florida’s best — and only — options at the quarterback position. Six of the other seven signal-callers UF has offered are committed elsewhere — Cooper Bateman (Alabama), Christian Hackenberg (Penn State), Kevin Olsen (Miami), Brice Ramsey (Georgia), Kohl Stewart (Texas A&M), and Cody Thomas (Oklahoma).
Rivals100 member Troy Williams (Harbor City, Calif./Narbonne) is the only uncommitted QB with an offer, but he looks like a long shot at this point.
If the Gators miss on Buchanan and Boyle, former USF commit Asianti Woulard of Winter Park could be considered as a possible candidate. He plans to camp at Florida on June 8.

Sounds like Boyle is pretty high on the gators.

Thought for a second Graham Stewart was the LB we heard rumors may be transferring to Cuse. Too bad!

I still think that Ashton Broyld will play a major role in this position and recruiting. Doug cannot and will not open 2013 with nothing at the position. He wouldn't be a good HC if he did that. The only other options are Kinder or Hunt and while its possible I think Broyld will be the answer.:p
I have the same feeling about slash but he might wind up at wr. If he has success there this year it will be tough to move him. High grade problem!

I have the same feeling about slash but he might wind up at wr. If he has success there this year it will be tough to move him. High grade problem!
If he goes to WR which of course is possible it kind of strips Doug of options for QB and 2013 unless he goes to Hunt or Kinder for a few games. until he thinks Wilson is ready.:eek:

I would love to see Flash under center next year but i truly believe that Hunt wins the job which provides us with two playmakers on the field. Flash should be used all over the place this year and next. How good would it be if Hunt could win the QB job, Quinta makes the grade, Thompson proves to be the stud at TE we all hope for MR Georgia comes on strong at RB and Flash is the real deal. More playmakers than we have had in a decade.

If he goes to WR which of course is possible it kind of strips Doug of options for QB and 2013 unless he goes to Hunt or Kinder for a few games. until he thinks Wilson is ready.:eek:

Hunt will be the starter next year. We're not going to play him until game 4 when Doug decides to play a TRUE FRESHMAN.

Ugh. Oh Lord

I would love to see Flash under center next year but i truly believe that Hunt wins the job which provides us with two playmakers on the field. Flash should be used all over the place this year and next. How good would it be if Hunt could win the QB job, Quinta makes the grade, Thompson proves to be the stud at TE we all hope for MR Georgia comes on strong at RB and Flash is the real deal. More playmakers than we have had in a decade.
It does seem as though we have some "playmakers on the team this year with Morris and Mcfarlane at RB and maybe Cornelius and Lewis making noise at WR until Funderburk is eligible to play. I like Hale as well.:rolleyes:

It does seem as though we have some "playmakers on the team this year with Morris and Mcfarlane at RB and maybe Cornelius and Lewis making noise at WR until Funderburk is eligible to play. I like Hale as well.:rolleyes:
Underclassmen are always better options than established starters...

Thought for a second Graham Stewart was the LB we heard rumors may be transferring to Cuse. Too bad!
I think the only "tidbit toactually happen was Wayne Williams, thus far.:p

Underclassmen are always better options than established starters...
Hey Bnoro what if anything are you hearing about AAM. As i have posted i watched him play in HS a few games and he was something. Quick feet, very good vision, and surprising speed for a big man. If he comes back strong and dedicates himself he has a chance to be very good for us and would allow us to RS both of the frosh. Word?

I would not bet on McFarlane playing RB at Cuse. I think he will play SS or OLB. He is not a true RB. I could be wrong but I just dont see it.

Hunt will be the starter next year. We're not going to play him until game 4 when Doug decides to play a TRUE FRESHMAN.

Ugh. Oh Lord
I have not heard much about Hunt. What makes you think he will the starter next year - it would be great but I have not heard anything about him recently except the obvious bad news.

I have not heard much about Hunt. What makes you think he will the starter next year - it would be great but I have not heard anything about him recently except the obvious bad news.
I always get the impression he's the qb by default because there's no one else good enough to challenge him.

I would not bet on McFarlane playing RB at Cuse. I think he will play SS or OLB. He is not a true RB. I could be wrong but I just dont see it.
I had a feeling McFarlane has been marked down as a LB since Morris committed last year. Everything about him really does scream LB.

I had a feeling McFarlane has been marked down as a LB since Morris committed last year. Everything about him really does scream LB.

That would certainly help offset the loss [on paper] of the two LB recruits that decommitted.

I think he will but like you think,I could be wrong. He has amazing talent and could succeed very well in other positions. Morris might be the top Rb prospect this coming season that could emerge as an impact player. Anyone that can clear the LOS and take it to the house is good in my book . Consistency in that regard has been lacking. A real bonerfide threat.:eek: