Autry and Babers | Syracusefan.com

Autry and Babers

GooseMutt

All Conference
The two most charismatic guys on the Syracuse campus. Babers we gotta extend ASAP for however long possible. He is so capable and like likable he’s a treasure. Autry is described by some recruits as almost family and express their respect and admiration for him . A true father figure and genuine friend. If we can’t have Hop, I want Autry to succeed Boeheim no question. Fantastic recruiter and learning coaching from one of the greatest.

And you don't think that could have turned out badly? These guys need time to learn how to be a HC.

Hop was reportedly already doing a lot of the leg work involved in running a program.

I think as far as game coaching, connecting with players and recruits, etc. you’ve either got it or you don’t. Guys can improve, but if they clearly “don’t got it” you’ll know early(different sport but - GRob).

And you don't think that could have turned out badly? These guys need time to learn how to be a HC.

Hop almost made the NCAAs in his first year at a program that was hot garbage before he got there. he would have done just fine here. with that being said, I would much rather have him back here when JB retires vs Autry taking over, nothing at all against Autry

Frankly, at this point I feel like I have confidence in Wildhack(he seems like a smart guy who understands Syracuse) and am good with who he hires when that time comes in half a decade. Until then I’m enjoying one of the all time greatest coaches while we have him and ain’t worried about nothing!

Im high on Red.

images

?

I am concerned about losing both within next 18-24 months, Dino will be offered by someone program $3.5M, he should be making $3m right now based on the market, I fear the school will not spend

Asst. coaches are underpaid, the benefits are the school if they have kids, which Red does.
That being said, he wants to become a HC, if it is not here he will go elsewhere

Syracuse needs someone with HC experience. I don't like the idea of handing over a top 10 program to someone who has never been a HC.
hc experience . . . check
coached at a relatively small private school in a medium sized city . . . check
coached in power five conference . . . check

kevin stallings will be tanned, rested and ready

I am concerned about losing both within next 18-24 months, Dino will be offered by someone program $3.5M, he should be making $3m right now based on the market, I fear the school will not spend

Asst. coaches are underpaid, the benefits are the school if they have kids, which Red does.
That being said, he wants to become a HC, if it is not here he will go elsewhere

Stop the Pollyanna stuff. Syracuse is a marquee school that plays in an elite conference for both sports.

Dino will only leave for a better opportunity in the right location - not many out there, quite frankly. Autry is an SU grad - sure he wants to be a HC, but do you think he doesn’t see the value of potentially getting the job after JB?

Could both leave? Sure. But they are mutually exclusive situations.

The two most charismatic guys on the Syracuse campus. Babers we gotta extend ASAP for however long possible. He is so capable and like likable he’s a treasure. Autry is described by some recruits as almost family and express their respect and admiration for him . A true father figure and genuine friend. If we can’t have Hop, I want Autry to succeed Boeheim no question. Fantastic recruiter and learning coaching from one of the greatest.

I love red, but yea, I’m not getting the Babers - Red comparison.

I love red, but yea, I’m not getting the Babers - Red comparison.
My intent was to acknowledge that these two people have a knack of connecting with their players on a personal basis and in a genuine way. Hop was the same. This is a great asset as a recruiter. Nothing more than that

My intent was to acknowledge that these two people have a knack of connecting with their players on a personal basis and in a genuine way. Hop was the same. This is a great asset as a recruiter. Nothing more than that

I think the same can be said of all our asst b-ball coaches, the players love all 3 and the same can be said about a few of the fball coaches too.

Syracuse needs someone with HC experience. I don't like the idea of handing over a top 10 program to someone who has never been a HC.
it worked out pretty well the last time we hired a hc wo prior experience !!!

I'll go on record as saying I truly hope both fine men are coaching their respective sports at Syracuse University in say 2032

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom