Autry and Moten at the DeMatha game tonight | Syracusefan.com

Autry and Moten at the DeMatha game tonight

HyattsCuse

Scout Team
Red was at the DeMatha game tonight. A bit into the game, in walked Lawrence Moten! I'm not really one to go over and randomly say hi even though I had a 'Cuse hat on, but it was still pretty cool seeing them there.

Grant had a nice night about 16 points and 6 boards by my count in ~25 minutes of play. 3 nice dunks. The kid just explodes off the ground. He has to watch his head so it doesn't hit the rim every time he dunks. He really looked to facilitate for his teammates as well tonight when Bishop Carroll went zone. Made several nice feeds to the open man for 3 point shots. DeMatha won 79-66.

If you think the ND game refs were bad, they looked awesome compared to the 3 guys that referee'd the DeMatha game tonight. I could not believe how many terrible calls were made. It was getting comical. Both coaches got T's later in the game it got so bad.

sweet,, did our boy hit any Js... how'd anya look?

Red was at the DeMatha game tonight. A bit into the game, in walked Lawrence Moten! I'm not really one to go over and randomly say hi even though I had a 'Cuse hat on, but it was still pretty cool seeing them there.

Grant had a nice night about 16 points and 6 boards by my count in ~25 minutes of play. 3 nice dunks. The kid just explodes off the ground. He has to watch his head so it doesn't hit the rim every time he dunks. He really looked to facilitate for his teammates as well tonight when Bishop Carroll went zone. Made several nice feeds to the open man for 3 point shots. DeMatha won 79-66.

If you think the ND game refs were bad, they looked awesome compared to the 3 guys that referee'd the DeMatha game tonight. I could not believe how many terrible calls were made. It was getting comical. Both coaches got T's later in the game it got so bad.

Watched the DeMatha game from last weekend against Shabazz Muhammed's team from Las Vegas. Bejay Anya has really gotten himself into much better shape since the summer. It was really noticeable. He used to be a bit of a butterball, but now I could definitely see him playing the 4 in college. He isn't that tall, though. I know, I know, he's got long arms. But doesn't it seem that they say that about everybody now ?

sweet,, did our boy hit any Js... how'd anya look?

3 dunks, 6 free throws, a layup, and one pull up 10 foot jumper. He took one 3 pointer and missed it off the back rim.

Anya started off slow in the 1st quarter and then dominated the rest of the game while he was in there. When he got the ball in the post, he scored at will with a baby hook and at least 3 two handed Shaq-like slams. His free throw shooting is dicey. It's literally a straight line drive that barely gets over the front of the rim. I'm guessing maybe 50-60% from the FT line. He fouled out with 3 minutes to go or so in the 4th quarter. He had 5-6 nice blocks including at least 3 that he pinned on the backboard. He did show some visible frustration with his teammates though. He was getting some really nice position posting up and having his way with Justin Alston, a 6'8" kid going to Boston U, but his teammates were not feeding him nearly as much as they should have. He got really irritated when his teammate finally did try to feed him and threw a bounce pass at his feet. Coach Jones actually called a timeout right after and started chewing both BJ and the other kid out to shape up and stop the bantering immediately. I could hear him on the other side of the gym :). Overall though, I loved seeing the aggression come out from Anya.

Watched the DeMatha game from last weekend against Shabazz Muhammed's team from Las Vegas. Bejay Anya has really gotten himself into much better shape since the summer. It was really noticeable. He used to be a bit of a butterball, but now I could definitely see him playing the 4 in college. He isn't that tall, though. I know, I know, he's got long arms. But doesn't it seem that they say that about everybody now ?
They do say that about everyone's however his are freakish when he was at the UVA summer camp last year the coaches didn't start drooling over him until they did that wing span measurement apparently.

3 dunks, 6 free throws, a layup, and one pull up 10 foot jumper. He took one 3 pointer and missed it off the back rim.

Anya started off slow in the 1st quarter and then dominated the rest of the game while he was in there. When he got the ball in the post, he scored at will with a baby hook and at least 3 two handed Shaq-like slams. His free throw shooting is dicey. It's literally a straight line drive that barely gets over the front of the rim. I'm guessing maybe 50-60% from the FT line. He fouled out with 3 minutes to go or so in the 4th quarter. He had 5-6 nice blocks including at least 3 that he pinned on the backboard. He did show some visible frustration with his teammates though. He was getting some really nice position posting up and having his way with Justin Alston, a 6'8" kid going to Boston U, but his teammates were not feeding him nearly as much as they should have. He got really irritated when his teammate finally did try to feed him and threw a bounce pass at his feet. Coach Jones actually called a timeout right after and started chewing both BJ and the other kid out to shape up and stop the bantering immediately. I could hear him on the other side of the gym :). Overall though, I loved seeing the aggression come out from Anya.
They most likely didn't feed him the ball because he played soft as hell against Gonzaga over the weekend. Saw the tape there is no reason he shouldn't have 20 and 10 every game. The kid is oozing with potential however he needs to develope a nasty streak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom