Axe has been axed | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Axe has been axed

I am just glad Axe is a millionaire from his lawsuits. Viva el Axe! Viva el Axe! Viva el Axe!!

I thought it was crappy they fired him but from a strictly ratings prespective:

0.2 in Jan
0.2 in Apr.

* shrug * Pretty grim stuff all along.

This is the first time the story has been mentioned in months. Really blew up nationally like you predicted
1) It isn't the first time it has been brought up; what are you talking about? If you follow sports media (clearly, you don't), this gets spoken about a lot on various sports media podcasts about where the business is headed. Like all the time! Plus, I guess you missed the Sam Blum story, which was similar to Axe, and it put the Axe story front and center again. But listen to any sports media podcast like awful announcing Jimmy Trainia, and countless others, or watch Forbes SportsMoney...this is a topic often spoken about.

2) the fact it is still being spoken about today in mid-June on numerous popular podcasts (this was just one example I shared cause Adam went to SU and did local radio here for 3 years) kinda proved me correct on this subject. And oh yeah, it is going to be brought up every time a reporter is let go in a shady way.

3) I didn't know "this was about me," but if you want to start keeping score on who is right more often and "predictions," just let me know; I'm more than happy to keep a tally.

Enjoy your weekend!

1) It isn't the first time it has been brought up; what are you talking about? If you follow sports media (clearly, you don't), this gets spoken about a lot on various sports media podcasts about where the business is headed. Like all the time! Plus, I guess you missed the Sam Blum story, which was similar to Axe, and it put the Axe story front and center again. But listen to any sports media podcast like awful announcing Jimmy Trainia, and countless others, or watch Forbes SportsMoney...this is a topic often spoken about.

2) the fact it is still being spoken about today in mid-June on numerous popular podcasts (this was just one example I shared cause Adam went to SU and did local radio here for 3 years) kinda proved me correct on this subject. And oh yeah, it is going to be brought up every time a reporter is let go in a shady way.

3) I didn't know "this was about me," but if you want to start keeping score on who is right more often and "predictions," just let me know; I'm more than happy to keep a tally.

Enjoy your weekend!
Can anyone say confirmation bias? There are enough SU alums in the biz that this would have blown up way bigger than it has if it was going to. But you're obsessed with what Adam Schein says because he's your hero and the one who makes your point.

And I bump my own posts when I'm wrong. I don't take myself as seriously as you do. But keep being you, Stern. It make things fun. Have a good weekend too!

Last edited:

Enjoy your weekend!
It’s still a big nothing burger.

Still yakkers crying about yakkers.

nothing is stopping axe, or anyone else, from starting his own podcast, expanding his Syracuse.com YouTube presence, or doing a daily twitter hit like Tucker Carlson and pocketing all that sweet, sweet superchat money since he’s so,popular.

Can anyone say confirmation bias? There are enough SU alums in the biz that this would have blown up way bigger than it has if it was going to. But you're obsessed with what Adam Schein says because he's your hero and the one who makes your point.

And I bump my own posts when I'm wrong. I don't take myself as seriously as you do. But keep being you, Stern. It make things fun. Have a good weekend too!
"Obsessed"...lol. I share a post on the matter for the first time since March. And you fly off the deep end. Yet I am "obsessed". LOL too funny

I thought it was crappy they fired him but from a strictly ratings prespective:

0.2 in Jan
0.2 in Apr.

* shrug * Pretty grim stuff all along.
I don't see ESPN /WTLA 97.7/100.1 FM Galaxy Media on this list at all

Can’t do the new show, enjoyed Axe.

This probably would have been a bigger deal if SU athletics wasn’t already in a dumpster. Dont think people, nationally, care even slightly as much about Syracuse as they used to.

Can’t do the new show, enjoyed Axe.

This probably would have been a bigger deal if SU athletics wasn’t already in a dumpster. Dont think people, nationally, care even slightly as much about Syracuse as they used to.
Our program is in the dumpster ? I don’t agree at all. We have a NC in Soccer, Top 5 Womens Lax, Rowing and Track have had outstanding seasons , Hoops and Football seem to be on sound footing . Oh and I don’t care that much on National Perception , I’m concerned with reality.

DO YOU ACCEPT HIS SCORE TALLYING CHALLENGE OR NOT!!!???

Our program is in the dumpster ? I don’t agree at all. We have a NC in Soccer, Top 5 Womens Lax, Rowing and Track have had outstanding seasons , Hoops and Football seem to be on sound footing . Oh and I don’t care that much on National Perception , I’m concerned with reality.

No one cares about a hack radio guy in Syracuse because why would they. Agreed the program is still moving forward.

Im not trying to trash the programs. Reality is basketballs average right now, and by Syracuse standards it was a mess towards end of last season. JB’s resignation would have been a bigger problem if not for how lovable Red is, and how hard he’s hit the ground running.

Football’s fine.

To act like there wasn’t reason for fans to be negative with last season isnt being reasonable.

I know several football season ticket holders who listened to Axe’s show daily on their commutes home. People listen to the radio still, but say what you want.

We had no choice. He was terrible.
Quality’s not better now with the replacement, and there was definitely a choice. Who was more irresponsible with a mic in-front of them? Brent or our HOF head coach?

Brent wasn’t some legendary show host. Just made our areas sports scene look weak by cutting him, and it’s one less reason for a fan to remain engaged.

Quality’s not better now with the replacement, and there was definitely a choice. Who was more irresponsible with a mic in-front of them? Brent or our HOF head coach?

Brent wasn’t some legendary show host. Just made our areas sports scene look weak by cutting him, and it’s one less reason for a fan to remain engaged.
Oh yeah, once they removed Brent Axe...that was it for SU sports for me. I'll never follow them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom