B12 to announce $2.6B TV deal | Syracusefan.com

B12 to announce $2.6B TV deal

$2.6b over 13 yrs
$200m per year
10 schools
$20m per school annually

For those keeping score...

ACC: $17.1m per school per year
B1G: $20.7 to $23.7 (depending on where you look)
SEC: $17.5m (2011) *new contract under negotiation
PAC: $21m (avg) *contract has escalator clause varying annual payout

Fill in the blank:
The ACC contract looks like _____________ when compared to the others.

I thought the B12's "insiders" had guaranteed at least 25M per year not including the "gazillions" they expect to earn from Tier 3 rights?

I thought the B12's "insiders" had guaranteed at least 25M per year not including the "gazillions" they expect to earn from Tier 3 rights?
Yep. I'm not sure FSU is jumping for an additional 2.9M.

Unless this contract has an expansion "renegotiaion clause" built into it, I think we've seen the end of B12 expansion. Each additional school brought on now would decrease the individual member payouts by $2m per program per year.

Seems like most of these contracts are in the 10-13 year range. I'd bet we don't see any major expansion moves until after then.

ACC has the 5 year look in, plus I like what I understand to be the ACC's Orange Bowl arrangement. I think the league is in solid shape.

From an SU standpoint there is something between little and nothing that I don't like about being in the ACC.

I didn't see mention of the 13 yr GOR in there, and don't bet on Texas or Oklahoma signing for that long, without some kind of out.

$2.6b over 13 yrs
$200m per year
10 schools
$20m per school annually

Fill in the blank:

Just when you thought you had caught up with the Joneses...

$2.6b over 13 yrs
$200m per year
10 schools
$20m per school annually

Fill in the blank:

From SU's perspective, BFD. They are going from 3.6 to 17.1. That's all that matters.

ACC has the 5 year look in, plus I like what I understand to be the ACC's Orange Bowl arrangement. I think the league is in solid shape.

From an SU standpoint there is something between little and nothing that I don't like about being in the ACC.

Couldn't agree more!

Getting the ACC invite reminds me of the quote from the WWII movie Midway, "Sweet Mary, how did we get so lucky?" :)

B1G has some fox games, though, right?

Not sure they get to 25M, but when I saw that number it included the bowl game vs the SEC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The orange bowl is going to be worth 1m or more to each ACC team putting us in the 18.5-19 range per school. In addition you know that in five years that is going to increase. I think that the ACC is in very good shape and we should thank our lucky stars that we got in.

I'm grateful on at least an hourly basis to be heading to the ACC regardless of how much more some other conference makes. The ACC is the right fit athletically, academically and geographically. I have zero interest in SU being affiliated with schools in the Great Plains. I hope WVU fans are as happy 5-10 years from now in the B12 as they are today.

So, I wonder where this leaves the NNBE in terms of contract. If the Big12 didn't get what they were expecting ($20M versus $25M), could the BE also be seeing something much less than expected?

So, I wonder where this leaves the NNBE in terms of contract. If the Big12 didn't get what they were expecting ($20M versus $25M), could the BE also be seeing something much less than expected?
I sure hope so.

The person who I saw say 25M for the B12 was including their bowl vs SEC and probably all TV money.

From SU's perspective, BFD. They are going from 3.6 to 17.1. That's all that matters.

That's all we should care about.

Gawd...$3.6m per year.

This athletic department should be applauded for doing what they've been able to do under that budget. That...and they should thank their lucky stars JB has such a powerful BBall program.

The orange bowl is going to be worth 1m or more to each ACC team putting us in the 18.5-19 range per school. In addition you know that in five years that is going to increase. I think that the ACC is in very good shape and we should thank our lucky stars that we got in.

Whoa...the Orange Bowl game beginning with the new championship series is going to be worth $2,250,000-$2,750,000 to the ACC teams...quite a bit more than $1M...according to source at NCState...this is done...wait for announcement.

The person who I saw say 25M for the B12 was including their bowl vs SEC and probably all TV money.

Bees -- Many of them (on the WVU board for example) had been floating 25M exclusive of bowl revenue. Those folks are going to be very disappointed.

As will be the NNBE fans (like some of the Boneyard crowd?) who are contemplating 18M or thereabouts.

Bees -- Many of them (on the WVU board for example) had been floating 25M exclusive of bowl revenue. Those folks are going to be very disappointed.

As will be the NNBE fans (like some of the Boneyard crowd?) who are contemplating 18M or thereabouts.

Yea, but I don't read those guys. Even guys like Dodd has had it at 20. Then $$$ for the bowl and then even more for the conference champ game.

Gawd...$3.6m per year.

This athletic department should be applauded for doing what they've been able to do under that budget. That...and they should thank their lucky stars JB has such a powerful BBall program.

And that's why you sell home games to Met Life Stadium.

And that's why you sell home games to Met Life Stadium.

Yep even with the ACC move, the money is just too damn good to turn down, will look good on the new practice facility... next

Onward and upward, keep building, sitework and foundation completed. Shell starting construction as of last Saturday.. Interior fit out and guts moving forward.. Believe in the process

$2.6b over 13 yrs
$200m per year
10 schools
$20m per school annually

Fill in the blank:
I've yet to see a good link detailing the value of buyouts, grants of rights, expected inflation in determining the npv of all these deals.

i doubt it's as simple as dividing the $ by year.

there's not enough transparency and the meatballs who cover college football for a living don't really understand it

we need to be more agnostic about who has better deals, not worry about it, and focus more on our absolute improvement rather than worry so much about the relative arms race. we'll be able to pay for basic stuff that we need now. there might be some relative disparity but it's not 100% an arms race, absolute facilities improvements probably get us 80% of the way there