B1G 10 Network | Syracusefan.com

B1G 10 Network

Bonz44

Walk On
I know everybody talks about how football drives the expansion but realistically why would New Yorker's or people in NYC want to purchase the B1G 10 network?

1. To watch B1g 10 football
2. Follow Rutgers Football
3. Purchase to watch Cuse Hoops...

I believe#3 is the most likely scenario for that the majority of New Yorkers and people in and around NYC?I think there are more Cuse hoops fans in the area than anything else?

Thoughts?

I know everybody talks about how football drives the expansion but realistically why would New Yorker's or people in NYC want to purchase the B1G 10 network?

1. To watch B1g 10 football
2. Follow Rutgers Football
3. Purchase to watch Cuse Hoops...

I believe#3 is the most likely scenario for that the majority of New Yorkers and people in and around NYC?I think there are more Cuse hoops fans in the area than anything else?

Thoughts?

i actually think more people would go for #1 of those choices especially down in the city,then #3 ,then #2 but you can combine 1 +3 by adding rutgers even if rutgers sucks on the field they get there #'s from cable companies.also like it our not football is worth more $$ than basketball no matter the product

Because it will be bundled with the YES network. Nuff said.

To be able to watch the Yankees.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

To be able to watch the Yankees.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

secondary reason to watch michigan and/or penn state which have a good following in the city

Because it will be bundled with the YES network. Nuff said.

This sucks for the Yankees and their fans. It is great for the B1G and FOX but how does that put more money in the Yankees pockets? It doesn't because the Yanks get a flat rights fee. Meanwhile it will piss off their fans because the cable companies will end up having a long battle with FOX and not broadcast games until one side caves. Unfortunately YES has the rights to broadcast Yankees games until 2042. Which gives the Yankees no leverage. If that deal was say 10 years the Yankees, who no longer own YES, could sell their rights when the current deal ends. Which would eventually put the Yanks back on MSG and screw FOX by making YES worthless. But since it is a 30 year contract we can expect to see many battles and lots of outages in the next three decades.