B1G Tourney | Syracusefan.com

B1G Tourney

Ohio State much more likely to be in the tournament. Md. down to a 7 8, 9 seed?

Ohio State much more likely to be in the tournament. Md. down to a 7 8, 9 seed?

Bumps UVa up to #6

The IVY Champ up to #7

Albany to #8 hosting Maryland?

Ouch, really bad loss for Maryland. Big for Albany though I think it all but guarantees they get the 8 seed if they win the nec

Maryland is likely out as a host that is a bad loss for them, but a good loss for their conference getting a 2nd bid. If the NCAA had any guts they send a Big Ten team Ohio State/Hopkins/Maryland out to Denver for the first round.
1st round hosts
5 ACC teams
Denver
Ivy Champ
Albany

Ugh Hopkins

This works out great, JHU will almost surely draw duke in the 1st round if they win the BE tourney. There going to get rocked.

This works out great, JHU will almost surely draw duke in the 1st round if they win the BE tourney. There going to get rocked.

Did you mean B1G tourney?

Hopkins gave us a pretty good game in the Dome earlier this season. Based on their record they seem like a schizophrenic team. Maybe they have found their identity as the season has progressed. If Hop wins the B1G tournament they will be a tough out for any team that would face them in the tournament.

Hopkins gave us a pretty good game in the Dome earlier this season. Based on their record they seem like a schizophrenic team. Maybe they have found their identity as the season has progressed. If Hop wins the B1G tournament they will be a tough out for any team that would face them in the tournament.

Disagree, defensively they are an absolute mess. Their top end faceoff guy Kennedy has been banged up 2 straight years and is hurting again forcing Moreland their true frosh to take a majority of the draws.

Offensively they have a lot of nice weapons Brown, Tinney, Stanwicks, Reed etc and top end talent but they struggle to score consistenly against good teams and have issues with shot accuracy outside of that kid who has an absolute cannon on EMO.

Their biggest problem is defensively they cant stop any upper level offenses. The 5th year senior goalie has been abysmal and the backup hasn't been much better. They lost one of there poles for the year with an ACL but the majority including Pellegrino and others are Seniors and they are still getting toasted. They will probably win the B10 but I dont see them going anywhere especially if they draw Duke.

i like my hopkins outside of the playoffs rather than being blown out in the playoffs.

i like my hopkins outside of the playoffs rather than being blown out in the playoffs.

if they dont beat Ohio State Saturday then you get your wish. Personally I think them making the tourney is good for Syracuse, allows Petro to say on longer as the coach and the program becomes more accepting of no longer being a national power year in and year out.

if they dont beat Ohio State Saturday then you get your wish. Personally I think them making the tourney is good for Syracuse, allows Petro to say on longer as the coach and the program becomes more accepting of no longer being a national power year in and year out.
I bet you also like pulling the wings off flies, don't cha? ;) I think during the Nixon Administration the phrase was "... and watch them twist slowly, slowly in the wind."

I bet you also like pulling the wings off flies, don't cha? ;) I think during the Nixon Administration the phrase was "... and watch them twist slowly, slowly in the wind."

LOL, I am an animal lover but when it comes to Hopkins all best are off, lol. Seriously though its amazing how far they have fallen from the early and mid 2000's. To me the most damning thing is that teams dont fear playing Hopkins anymore, I know I dont as a Syracuse fan.

LOL, I am an animal lover but when it comes to Hopkins all best are off, lol. Seriously though its amazing how far they have fallen from the early and mid 2000's. To me the most damning thing is that teams dont fear playing Hopkins anymore, I know I dont as a Syracuse fan.
I agree about not fearing them anymore. Some of it, for us, is not having as many players from B'more who grew up with the JHU mystique. If they hadn't won in 2005, I was all set to start "The Official Petro Must Go" thread on Laxpower and rub it in.

I agree about not fearing them anymore. Some of it, for us, is not having as many players from B'more who grew up with the JHU mystique. If they hadn't won in 2005, I was all set to start "The Official Petro Must Go" thread on Laxpower and rub it in.

Ya the JHU mystique has been gone since 07/08 they just don't have that same cache anymore. As for Petro I think hes definitely starting to feel the heat the JHU guys on lax power are getting restless and apparently JHU hasnt extended his contract which is up after next year. Next year could be a huge season for JHU, they do return all of there offensive players minus Wells Stanwick but they lose almost everyone on defense and Kennedy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom