Babers to Arizona OC/QB Coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Babers to Arizona OC/QB Coach

Yup was just talking about this last night.
What a shot in the arm that would be for Upstate football. In any other state this would be completely a no brainer, in New York , who knows.

About double that... 685k in 2022. I'd imagine UB's coach is getting the same or more at Alabama to be a position coach.
I doubt we are paying that type of money.

What a shot in the arm that would be for Upstate football. In any other state this would be completely a no brainer, in New York , who knows.
Agree. It wouldnt be used as a stepping stone job. Someone who truly embraces NYS football and will want to do it right.

I have a buddy that's a huge Buffalo booster (they exists) - his preference is the coach at Cortland. I don't know if that means anything beyond just his preference, but that could be where they look.

I think that's the wrong Campanile. This was the list from 2021.

Buffalo News article specially mentioned our Campinale and his interest in 2021. Could be their mistake…?

Good luck , hope you get it coach Babers , and it goes well . I have no bad feelings towards Coach .

Hard not to like a guy like Dino. Some folks insist on picking at the wound about his time here, but nobody's perfect.
Everything happens for a reason, and if HCFB is the HR hire we all hope he is, then it's all good.

I have a buddy that's a huge Buffalo booster (they exists) - his preference is the coach at Cortland. I don't know if that means anything beyond just his preference, but that could be where they look.
I was told that Curt is not crazy about the D1 coaching ranks. But money often changes people's perspective. He's a heck of a coach.

Dino is getting paid not to work. A lot.

He is going to be hanging with his grand kids.
Maybe, but at 62 in good health, after getting up a couple of weeks with no work to report to people tend to think differently, I speak from personal experience. ( Though my NYS teachers pension was a tad short of 3.5 to 4 million )

Cunning move by Linguist to take the Bama job.
I’m surprised Linguist would want to go so far south. They speak a different language .

Hard not to like a guy like Dino. Some folks insist on picking at the wound about his time here, but nobody's perfect.
Everything happens for a reason, and if HCFB is the HR hire we all hope he is, then it's all good.
Agree wholeheartedly with this. Hard not to be pumped about the direction Syracuse is in. I also want to see the former members of our staff all succeed... as long as they don't end up in a game against SU.

If UB hires Babers or Nunzio (not my personal preference because let's see him and McCord light it up next year), I'll absolutely be rooting for them on Tuesday and Wednesday night MACtion.

I'm guessing that's why we gave Nunzio the Assistant Head Coach title this year. I think there were more schools after him than just Buffalo.
Do we know what he's getting paid? Would going to UB be a pay cut?

He's been remarkably ghost silent. Lots of people have said he would likely retire, but I don't necessarily see that. He's a career coach who is only 62. I absolutely could see him wanting to get one more chance to end his career on a high note, even if it is at a G5 type opportunity.

I’ve told my family if I hit 62 and you don’t see me actively preparing to retire imminently - please sit me down and have an intervention.

Hopefully Dino has a family that will do the same, with the money he’s made he’d be insane to take another job.

Brian Polian was awful at Nevada.

A little younger and Dino probably could kill it at UB. While he might be too old the MAC retread coaches like Solich tend to do well.

Maybe, but at 62 in good health, after getting up a couple of weeks with no work to report to people tend to think differently, I speak from personal experience. ( Though my NYS teachers pension was a tad short of 3.5 to 4 million )
Depends how long you live... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom