Back in the real world - ND not going anywhere | Syracusefan.com

Back in the real world - ND not going anywhere

sufan

Scout Team
https://twitter.com/ChiTribHamilton/stat...1234718721

#NotreDame‬ AD Jack Swarbrick on report of non-football sports to Big 12: "I have no idea what prompted that."

https://twitter.com/ChiTribHamilton/stat...3100213248

More ‪#NotreDame‬ AD Jack Swarbrick on Big 12 affiliation report: "It is not based on any discussion, any meeting we have done."

https://twitter.com/ChiTribHamilton/stat...4564705280

#NotreDame‬ AD Jack Swarbrick said school is in the "homestretch" of resolving "media relationship," presumably NBC deal.

quoted from "Wildthing2o2" with sources above
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=574958&page=8

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ort-of-big-12-switch-20120620,0,4551897.story

heres whats happening.

the confs are letting ND go it alone.

theyre gonna let them die on their own terms.

they last won it all when, 1988?? theres not a kid alive whos on their team or even their radar, that was alive for that.

if they are too stupid to join a conf, then the confs (who arent going anywhere) will be happy to let them create their own death.

nd is irrelevent. they just dont know it yet...but a few more golic-esque recruits might do the trick.

its over johnny...you can go home now.

I have no doubt these rumors are nothing more than internet chat room fodder.

Even so, the very real thought of ND going to the B12 should scare the ACC into reconsidering their position on only inviting "all sports" members into the conference.

Even so, the very real thought of ND going to the B12 should scare the ACC into reconsidering their position on only inviting "all sports" members into the conference.
Why? What value do they bring outside of football that needs to be had?

From the Chi Trib article:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ort-of-big-12-switch-20120620,0,4551897.story
"The third is related to the stability of the Big East, which we get more information on every day. In that sense, pieces of that are starting to fall into place, and that will put us in a time and place where we probably take a look at it and decide what we're doing."

That has an awful lot of wiggle room...not sure this is shut off.

Hmm Bowl tie ins, top shelf academics, great Olympic sports, Chicago TV, preexisting rivalries (Pitt, BC, Cuse, etc...) and just the fact the B12 won't have them.

The SEC & B12 are partners....the B1G and PAC are partners. Even as an independent, the ACC needs ND football as its dance partner.

ND to the B12 effectively eliminates them from consideration for this.

"Our interest was ensuring we had an opportunity to play ourselves into any championship model, and we do," Swarbrick said. "There's no obstacle to that for us. If we earn it, we can play in it."

so if im the b1g, the ACC, the sec, the bevo and the pac...i wouldnt schedule them.

theyre irrlevent now.

and will be even more so if they do that.

enjoy that navy tradition.

and the inevitable byu one.

army luvs ya.

cincy needs a game.

so do the directional floridas.

and the 2 headed monster thats rut and storz.

temple dont give a fluk, and they can play you at lincoln.

good luck!!

see ya!!

Oh Lord

I believe UT wants ND badly because despite the income they are receiving, they are lonely with the 9 academic/market midget schools that are their current partners. (OK/OSU were turned down by the PAC not that long ago.)

ND is a school that would be an ally of UT when it comes to 3d tier rights, their own channel, and has a national brand.

The only problem for ND in all this is the Big 12 includes schools in KS, Iowa, OK, TX and WV that don't connect to their fans, students, alumni, leadership.

"Our interest was ensuring we had an opportunity to play ourselves into any championship model, and we do," Swarbrick said. "There's no obstacle to that for us. If we earn it, we can play in it."

so if im the b1g, the ACC, the sec, the bevo and the pac...i wouldnt schedule them.

theyre irrlevent now.

and will be even more so if they do that.

enjoy that navy tradition.

and the inevitable byu one.

army luvs ya.

cincy needs a game.

so do the directional floridas.

and the 2 headed monster thats rut and storz.

temple dont give a fluk, and they can play you at lincoln.

good luck!!

see ya!!

Oh Lord

Just don't see USC cutting them from their schedule. Plus, many teams will play them because it guarantees a nationally televised game.

No way. All or nothing. Have we not learned our lesson from the train wreck that has become the big east. Everyone needs to be on the same page. A football independent nd is on a different book altogether.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

No way. All or nothing. Have we not learned our lesson from the train wreck that has become the big east. Everyone needs to be on the same page. A football independent nd is on a different book altogether.

If the ACC had ND it still wouldn't be like the 50/50 ClusterFluck of the BE. If the B12 gets ND the perception is the ACC has lost relevance...as much as people rail on ND they still are a national brand. It would give the ACC more reason to have their Tournament on a regular rotation to NYC...the lacrosse league would be a killer.

The B12 is really starting to come off as a trailer park floozy batting her eyes at every man who walks by.

If the ACC had ND it still wouldn't be like the 50/50 ClusterFluck of the BE. If the B12 gets ND the perception is the ACC has lost relevance...as much as people rail on ND they still are a national brand. It would give the ACC more reason to have their Tournament on a regular rotation to NYC...the lacrosse league would be a killer.
nd's hoop team doesnt have the same NYC following that the football team does, not sure if that would add to the MSG cause, although it wouldnt hurt it either.

love it when the lacrosse league gets tossed around, might as well be discussing ACC womens soccer. its cute, but irrelevent.

nd is irrelevent. they just dont know it yet...but a few more golic-esque recruits might do the trick.

As long as NBC keeps writing checks, Notre Dame is the most profitable irrelevant college football team going.

nd's hoop team doesnt have the same NYC following that the football team does, not sure if that would add to the MSG cause, although it wouldnt hurt it either.

I dunno about that one Kaiser. I'd be willing to bet that ND's fanbase in NYC is (at least) double that of any other program in the country (including SU). While they may not be as passionate as SU fans, they most certainly have us beat in numbers.

ND always had a good basketball turnout at MSG. And if memory serves, ND v. Army at Yankee Stadium was easily a 54k sellout.

As long as NBC keeps writing checks, Notre Dame is the most profitable irrelevant college football team going.
thats all fine and dandy, but everybody is now getting on national tv a lot.

and notre dame is not winning and hasnt for a while.

they will still have their money, god bless em for that, but their irrelevence to kids is in full swing.

this is a cable world, espn and espn2 are basically nbc and cbs of the 70s and 80s. just because they are on nbc is no longer a reason to go there.

I dunno about that one Kaiser. I'd be willing to bet that ND's fanbase in NYC is (at least) double that of any other program in the country (including SU). While they may not be as passionate as SU fans, they most certainly have us beat in numbers.

ND always had a good basketball turnout at MSG. And if memory serves, ND v. Army at Yankee Stadium was easily a 54k sellout.
are we talking football or hoop??

yes, football would sell out a practice at Giants Stadium.

hoop wouldnt fill the Garden, unless theyre playing the johnnies when theyre good, dook, storz or Syracuse.

they will still have their money, god bless em for that, but their irrelevence to kids is in full swing.

this is a cable world, espn and espn2 are basically nbc and cbs of the 70s and 80s. just because they are on nbc is no longer a reason to go there.
I would love it if SU could be as irrelevant as ND to recruits. They still recruit very well and apparently irrelevance is a major draw.

Yet people still tune in and watch every week.

Some people watch because they're diehard 5th generation Irish fans going back to the Rockne days, and some people like watching train wrecks.

As long as the viewership is there, the money will be there.

I would love it if SU could be as irrelevant as ND to recruits. They still recruit very well and apparently irrelevance is a major draw.
youre completely missing the point.

ill throw you a few bread crumbs. Syracuse climbed out the abyss of the 70s and early 80s to reach a new height, a height that was considerably lower than where nd was standing. when Syracuse fell, it was a hell of lot closer to the floor than nd ever was.

believe me, theyre falling and they know it. or they wouldnt be hiring and firing coaches like i change my baseball hat.

I agree they are a national brand but I don't want them as a partial member. The beauty of being in the ACC is we finally have all the members playing both football and bball.