Back in the real world - ND not going anywhere | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Back in the real world - ND not going anywhere

I agree they are a national brand but I don't want them as a partial member. The beauty of being in the ACC is we finally have all the members playing both football and bball.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Ditto. No partial members. No way. No how.

I'm
youre completely missing the point.

ill throw you a few bread crumbs. Syracuse climbed out the abyss of the 70s and early 80s to reach a new height, a height that was considerably lower than where nd was standing. when Syracuse fell, it was a hell of lot closer to the floor than nd ever was.

believe me, theyre falling and they know it. or they wouldnt be hiring and firing coaches like i change my baseball hat.
I'm not missing your point. I am disagreeing with your point. they are hiring and firing because they want to win and think that will help. ND is recruiting as well as it did in the 80s and 90s. Kids love the publicity and fan following of ND...they keep accepting offers and ND keeps making money.

"They stood together on stage, side by side, shoulder to shoulder, the commissioners of all 11 BCS conferences (plus Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick),"

Talk about irrelevant... they are a conference of their own.

nd's hoop team doesnt have the same NYC following that the football team does, not sure if that would add to the MSG cause, although it wouldnt hurt it either.

love it when the lacrosse league gets tossed around, might as well be discussing ACC womens soccer. its cute, but irrelevent.

I'm not so sure about that. It's beginning to turn into a Memorial Day tradition, and is starting to spread out beyond it's east coast roots. Pretty soon, it will be on he level of women's hoops - respectable cult (but national) following and TV slots.

Notre Dame also is aware the Big East’s basketball-only schools—not including the Irish—held a weekly teleconference to remain on top of the changing landscape in their league. For the basketball members to split from the Big East is unlikely, but all possibilities must be considered.

I wonder why ND was not part of those discussions?

Notre Dame also is aware the Big East’s basketball-only schools—not including the Irish—held a weekly teleconference to remain on top of the changing landscape in their league. For the basketball members to split from the Big East is unlikely, but all possibilities must be considered.

Maybe they informed the BE they are exploring other conference affiliations.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't it have been a blatant conflict of interest for Notre Dame -- which was heading up the Big East's expansion efforts after the loss of SU, Pitt and WVU -- to have also been sitting in with a group of basketball-onlies who may have been discussing ways to split from the BE?

https://twitter.com/ChiTribHamilton/stat...1234718721

#NotreDame‬ AD Jack Swarbrick on report of non-football sports to Big 12: "I have no idea what prompted that."

https://twitter.com/ChiTribHamilton/stat...3100213248

More ‪#NotreDame‬ AD Jack Swarbrick on Big 12 affiliation report: "It is not based on any discussion, any meeting we have done."

https://twitter.com/ChiTribHamilton/stat...4564705280

#NotreDame‬ AD Jack Swarbrick said school is in the "homestretch" of resolving "media relationship," presumably NBC deal.

quoted from "Wildthing2o2" with sources above
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=574958&page=8

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ort-of-big-12-switch-20120620,0,4551897.story
Edit: Duplicate of Texan Mark's post above.

Wouldn't it have been a blatant conflict of interest for Notre Dame -- which was heading up the Big East's expansion efforts after the loss of SU, Pitt and WVU -- to have also been sitting in with a group of basketball-onlies who may have been discussing ways to split from the BE?
The biggest asset the BE basketball schools have is the BE brand. They ain't giving it up. The BE will live on with or without football for that reason.

Amazing--Notre Dame and "conflict of interest" in the same sentence!! :rolleyes:

I don't see why. ND IS a BBall only. It would seem more inappropriate for them to sit in on the expansion committee.

If the Big East imploded tomorrow, ND would still have this conference of all Catholic schools:

Notre Dame
Georgetown
Villanova
St. John's
Providence
DePaul
Marquette
Seton Hall

8-teams, would have an auto-bid, and still composed of major basketball programs.

They're not leaving, everyone get a grip.

If the Big East imploded tomorrow, ND would still have this conference of all Catholic schools:

Notre Dame
Georgetown
Villanova
St. John's
Providence
DePaul
Marquette
Seton Hall

8-teams, would have an auto-bid, and still composed of major basketball programs.

They're not leaving, everyone get a grip.

Exactly. The reality is, ND would probably still be thrilled to have their non-football sports aligned with that group. They would still be part of BE basketball, and have a presence in NYC, Philly, DC, New England, Chicago, and NJ. The BE would add a Xavier and someone else, and they would be fine. Plus ND would feel like they had a legitimate chance to actually WIN something.

@slmandel
RT @kbohls: Big 12 outgoing commish Chuck Neinas says "no movement on Notre Dame joining B12; sometimes I wonder what people are smoking."

@slmandel
RT @kbohls: Big 12 outgoing commish Chuck Neinas says "no movement on Notre Dame joining B12; sometimes I wonder what people are smoking."

It's not what is in their corn cob pipes, its what's in the barrels. They call them Hoopies for a reason.