Back to the Drawing Board to Re-vamp the Offense | Syracusefan.com

Back to the Drawing Board to Re-vamp the Offense

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Last year, they made that decision during camp. Well, this year's staff missed that opportunity. So, now they have to re-vamp the offense after week one:

1. Broyld is your Robinson - get him the ball.
2. SU can't run the ball up the gut against solid defenses - pass the ball to set up the run.
3. Good things happen when you throw down the field and I don't mean to the sidelines.
4. Toss sweeps wide (Morris?) until they prove they can stop you.

Last year, they made that decision during camp. Well, this year's staff missed that opportunity. So, now they have to re-vamp the offense after week one:

1. Broyld is your Robinson - get him the ball.
2. SU can't run the ball up the gut against solid defenses - pass the ball to set up the run.
3. Good things happen when you throw down the field and I don't mean to the sidelines.
4. Toss sweeps wide (Morris?) until they prove they can stop you.

1. I agree. He's gotta catch it though. Dropped one, and looked like he almost dropped the big play down the middle. But he looks like our only receiver who can pick up yards after the catch. He had no business getting that one first down, but he can break tackles and make guys miss.

2. It looks that way. I'm not sure why Gulley got so many of those carries up the gut though. That's not his game. Smith was more effective up the gut, though there wasn't much there.

3. Agree, though that's easier said than done sometimes. It is encouraging that Allen put the one to Kobena on the money. As good as Nassib was as a QB, he was never very good at throwing the deep ball.

4. I would've liked to see us try it more, at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom