Backup QB Discussion | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Backup QB Discussion

Not sure who the back qbs will be but it will be interesting how Carlos has developed under the new staff. Dino saw himself as a qb wizard. Did not translate to the qbs on the roster.
At this stage of his career, unfortunately, i think they are what they are. Rarely do you see unsuccessful, bad, QB’s, all a sudden turn into something they haven’t shown. We have to hope Williams is ready to start next year, but who knows what we expect, or pound the portal again (My best guess),
and see if these young kids can battle as they (hopefully) develop.

Not bullish on Jakhari? Think he's probably the likely starter next year unless another McCord situation happens.
Haven't really gotten to see him as SU yet in a game or in spring, but from HS highlights and what has been reported, I like Jakhari as a QB prospect. But I think we can likely do even better at the starting QB spot for 2025 than a RS freshman Jakhari and we will likely have a good team of weapons that should look pretty appealing for a transfer. Plus we will likely be losing both McCord and CDRW so I think another QB add will likely have to happen.

Haven't really gotten to see him as SU yet in a game or in spring, but from HS highlights and what has been reported, I like Jakhari as a QB prospect. But I think we can likely do even better at the starting QB spot for 2025 than a RS freshman Jakhari and we will likely have a good team of weapons that should look pretty appealing for a transfer. Plus we will likely be losing both McCord and CDRW so I think another QB add will likely have to happen.
Agree you have to at least shop it and see what's there. We will need some portal shopping at a few other positions for sure too.

I'm not crazy about his arm motion. He throws the ball 3/4 style. That stuff is going to get blocked. You have to have a throwing motion that's more over the top, like a fastball in baseball. Jakhari's motion looks more like someone throwing a slider.

I'm not crazy about his arm motion. He throws the ball 3/4 style. That stuff is going to get blocked. You have to have a throwing motion that's more over the top, like a fastball in baseball. Jakhari's motion looks more like someone throwing a slider.
Kinda like KCs Patrick M

Kinda like KCs Patrick M

Good counter-point. We'll see if his passes sail, when he gets some mop-up duty.

Not bullish on Jakhari? Think he's probably the likely starter next year unless another McCord situation happens.
I think if we see him move up to the #2 by the end of the season or at least an OR for the #2, then that's a good sign. If we don't, that means he couldn't surpass CDRW and for me that's not a very good sign.

I named my college fantasy football team "Umbilical McCord" because we need him to sustain our season's life.
While also being McDonald'sesque?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom