backup qbs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

backup qbs

I appreciate your take on this. well if we can block for the run and occaisional screen, keeper, quick over the middle etc etc --we may have fared better.
your caps about tommy r not necessary. that is obvious.
however, given the scheme, how has that worked for him???? please answer this question??
i feel that a dual qb system MAYBE a suggestion at this point. this opens up a multitude of possibilities (or threat thereof)
again, thanks for your take
What's the old adage? When you have 2 quarterbacks, you have none.
Very, very rarely does that work.

I’m enjoying all the H0T Takes on TD - but as most here realize - there’s no deep bench, and even if there was, TD has shown enough over his fill in time last year and this year to invest heavily in him being the guy this year and probably the next.

It’s prob best to just root him on and hope for either a jump or steady incremental change.

Thank you. I enjoy writing them.
The way our OL is playing Tommy(essentially a pocket QB) is in real jeopardy. He took a really bad hit in the Clemson game that I expected him not to get up from, and soon after was removed from the game. If anyone on here thinks that at some point this season we will not be needing a back up or backups, you may be deluding yourself. The coaching staff must think he is our best option, but I fully expect backups in games at some point.
Best or no Tommy has made some serious errors and the main job of a QB is making good decisions, physical tools are all secondary to performing that main function. I think Tommy will be a good to great QB, but no one can do it without some help(for Tommy better protection would be a good start).

I appreciate your take on this. well if we can block for the run and occaisional screen, keeper, quick over the middle etc etc --we may have fared better.
your caps about tommy r not necessary. that is obvious.
however, given the scheme, how has that worked for him???? please answer this question??
i feel that a dual qb system MAYBE a suggestion at this point. this opens up a multitude of possibilities (or threat thereof)
again, thanks for your take

You’re missing the point. No QB is gonna be successful with this line play and receivers not getting open. What does Tommy have to do with that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom