Bad times | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bad times

What's worse, throwing an inaccurate pass for an incompletion, or getting sacked?

Yeah getting sacked is now the quarterbacks fault like throwing a 5 yard route 5 yards away from the WR is?

ARE YOU JOKING OR TROLLING?

Honestly do you expect Tommy to block the pass rushers? Doesn't matter that his primary read is double covered and the LT let someone blow by him untouched he should ask the pass rusher to slow down or something so he can find his third option right?

Ridiculous.

Yeah getting sacked is now the quarterbacks fault like throwing a 5 yard route 5 yards away from the WR is?

Honestly do you expect Tommy to block the pass rushers? Doesn't matter that his primary read is double covered and the LT let someone blow by him untouched he should ask the pass rusher to slow down or something so he can find his third option right?

Ridiculous.

I expect him to have some semblance of pocket presence, and to learn how to step up in the pocket (rather than his Nunesian snake-like backwards scrambles). I expect him to be able to throw over the middle, or to his left.

Maybe I'm expecting too much.

How many times was Culpepper sacked today?

Oh and the Offensive Coordinator needs to be fired on Monday. Our D improved last year when we made a change.
The offensive ineptitude isn't on the coaches, it's on the QB.

It is weird that on the defense we have no problem playing the underclassmen when they are better than the upper classmen. On the offensive side of the ball, it seems exactly the opposite...is that a Dino thing or is it something else. This offensive system spreads the field and is designed to take what the defense gives you as they will have to cover your personnel all over the field. I just think that Tommy doesn't see what the defense is giving.

I think it is as simple as that. That and his tendencies are very easily predicted.

If the coaches call an RPO, how often does he hand the ball off when that is clearly the read...about 10% of the time. How can you keep a QB in the game that makes the right read 10% of the time.

Mind boggling.

whether he was talking about devito or not, Babers said he’s going to look at film and if change is needed it will happen. I just can’t believe a d1 qb can throw for 32 yards in 4 full quarters
Well that clears it up, someone on special teams is going to be benched.

Ridiculous.
Really dude!?! If his primary read is double covered than his second or third read is going to be wide open. He should recognize that in milliseconds from the snap or during a pre snap read and move to the next read, problem is, he doesn't. He has no vision or situational awareness during the game.

Really dude!?! If his primary read is double covered than his second or third read is going to be wide open. He should recognize that in milliseconds from the snap or during a pre snap read and move to the next read, problem is, he doesn't. He has no vision or situational awareness during the game.

Drops, WRs making bad reads and running the wrong routes, O line, play calling, no run game all have something to do with it.

But something is wrong there is no 'fit' with TD and this offense. His mistakes come at key times. Its time to see if some of the other guys can do more with less.

Rex terribly missing his WR on 3rd and 4th down with the game on the line was all I needed to see.

1. We whiffed on devito and other QB’s didn’t want to come here thinking he was Going to play no matter what . Maybe we do t have a high level WR because the high level WR saw him at xamps and what not and did t want to play with him .

2. devito and Harris aren’t on same page and Obviously probably don't like eachother

3. our defense is pretty good But are on the field forever, and they actually make plays late in the game which is Remarkable.

4. watching lville and Miami - we do t have anywhere near the athleticism on offense to compete . Long season coming .

5. a drop to FCS may be in cards.
Why stop there, might as well fold up program, Nottingham can take over dome as home field.

Drops, WRs making bad reads and running the wrong routes, O line, play calling, no run game all have something to do with it.

But something is wrong there is no 'fit' with TD and this offense. His mistakes come at key times. Its time to see if some of the other guys can do more with less.

Rex terribly missing his WR on 3rd and 4th down with the game on the line was all I needed to see.
It took you a couple plays to tell you that Rex wasn't the guy yet you defend Tommy when you have a much larger sample size if ineptitude.

Ineptitude of monumental proportion to the point where another poster went back and looked up GERG's worst offensive year, worst in program history and it was actually better than this offense with Tommy.

In a system that is designed for the QB to throw for a gazillion yards I might add.

Rex throws 1 pass over a receiver's head and you lose confidence. How many times has Tommy overthrown receivers on sideline routes? How many times on the same routes has he thrown the ball 3 yards out of bounds? How many overthrows? How many times is someone wide open in front of him he doesn't even see them?

Can’t believe how many folks are actually taking the idiotic premise of dropping to FCS seriously. If not an obvious troll job, then it ought to be. Because if the suggestion was not meant to be tongue-in-cheek, then it is one of the dumbest things ever said on this forum. So kudos to the troll...job well done!

Devito hasn't thrown any passes as awful and inaccurate as Rex 3rd and 4th down misses by miles.
Clearly, not throwing and getting sacked is so much better than an awful pass.

I expect him to have some semblance of pocket presence, and to learn how to step up in the pocket (rather than his Nunesian snake-like backwards scrambles). I expect him to be able to throw over the middle, or to his left.

Maybe I'm expecting too much.

How many times was Culpepper sacked today?
Has TD even turned his head to the left all season? Everything he does is to the right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom