Bailey article-Syracuse football offense used 1 cadence all of last season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Bailey article-Syracuse football offense used 1 cadence all of last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans have eyeballs right? If the opposing D was getting the jump on our guys, somebody would have seen it. Nobody noticed because it clearly wasn't as big of a deal as some are making it.

I honestly have no idea. But our OC thought it was a big enough deal that he brought it up in an interview and spent 4 practices to fix it. So, there's that.

Imagine if a story like this came out for a team that has more than eleventeen fans.

Say, a team in the deep south.

The internet would break, Finebaum's caller board would explode. Gameday would run a segment.

In the midst of all of that, I wonder if they'd question why the fans didn't notice it sooner.
If this was the SEC team not Vandy or Kentucky that had its OC say this stuff OMG I would be listening to Finebaum for a week. It would be unbelievable. I don't have SEC expectations for SU I just want to be a blimp on the radar nationally for the right reasons.

i dont think anyone caught on from watching the games -well because it was so danm hard to watch we were cringing or covering our eyes on 99.9999999999999% of offensive plays- the rest we were peeing

this is a perfect example of how deep in the woods the excuse hounds will hunt- they went so deep for this one they had to have passed a Sasquatch or 2
I wasn't hunting at all. And I'm not a kool-aid drinker. Just something that occured to me while reading all of the posts. I don't feel it is the fans responsibility or any other nonsense. It just seems when there is a problem with the team it doesn't go unnoticed around here and so I was asking why nobody noticed. Alsacs at least admits he has an agenda. He's done with SS so when he sees something like this he uses it as ammunition. That's fine, I was just asking a question and definitely in the wait and see category for the upcoming season.

I wasn't hunting at all. And I'm not a kool-aid drinker. Just something that occured to me while reading all of the posts. I don't feel it is the fans responsibility or any other nonsense. It just seems when there is a problem with the team it doesn't go unnoticed around here and so I was asking why nobody noticed. Alsacs at least admits he has an agenda. He's done with SS so when he sees something like this he uses it as ammunition. That's fine, I was just asking a question and definitely in the wait and see category for the upcoming season.
I think they should own it.

Fair enough. I put my cards on the table and have no problem with opposing viewpoints. We all want SU to be successful. If we are good I never shy around from taking my crow and saying I am wrong. It doesn't mean I will jump on this coaching staff's bandwagon but I will continue my season tickets and root for them to succeed. I just want to win games that is is it. I don't think this staff can or will do it. It doesn't mean I want them to fail.

Alsacs said:
Sir I have no problem being called out. I am not always right and have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I just expect the opinion to not be something silly. Fans are not paid the fans pay for the coaches. If somebody criticized Jim Boeheim for saying he can't teach a zone defense I would be among the choiring defend him. Why? Jim Boeheim has earned the fanbase's trust(except for Igor) This staff has not shown in 2 years it can run a college offense. SS knows defense, but sorry I am not going to let people try and put on the fans they should pickup the freaking cadence to have an opinion what our OC said was stupid.

Year one of Shafer's offense was better than 3 of the 4 Marrone years. Mcit didn't know what he was doing, Hackett figured it out in year 4. You could make the case that Lester is the first guy to actually bring in a system and some experience running it in a very long time. Fixing the cadence from something he clearly thinks was wacko - should be somewhat encouraging.

People are breathing in the fumes from Mcit's failed experiment too much.

Of note:

- Mcit and Adams disagreed a lot about the line.
- Mcits playbook was too large and consisted of a thousand ideas from all over.
- He also purchased another offense.
- we ran bubble screens without reason - Lester agrees
- players were starting plays with the wrong first step most of the time
- playcalling made no sense and Mcit apparently froze in the booth
- we had one cadence or snap count depending on Baileys understanding

These are all things Lester saw and wanted to change. I'm encouraged by this if nothing else.

Now throw in crazy amount of injuries? Yep. We'll be better almost by default.

Alsacs said:
Maybe because some believe this staff should be gone. This staff was hired to continue the momentum not take a step back. Some believe this coach only hires people from the band. If you make an investment and feel the investment is bad you cut the cord, if I believed truly this staff wasn't that bad and could turn it around I wouldn't feel the way I do. Every year we keep this staff it sets the next staff back 2 years IMO. I want to win games I just think this staff isn't going to win games to be anything better than mediocre. Now because this article comes out and the OC either is being taken out of context or makes his OL coach look horrible means that the fans must have seen that we only had 1 cadence to be upset?

True colors! Finally moved off from "show me" to admitting you've seen enough. That explains the negativity.

Fair enough. I put my cards on the table and have no problem with opposing viewpoints. We all want SU to be successful. If we are good I never shy around from taking my crow and saying I am wrong. It doesn't mean I will jump on this coaching staff's bandwagon but I will continue my season tickets and root for them to succeed. I just want to win games that is is it. I don't think this staff can or will do it. It doesn't mean I want them to fail.

True colors! Finally moved off from "show me" to admitting you've seen enough. That explains the negativity.
Are you new to this board? Of course not go back and look the day after the Lousiville game. Sorry buddy I really am done with you after your post above. Really I was going to respond and destroy it like I did your Marrone point but its not worth my time.

Alsacs said:
Are you new to this board? Of course not go back and look the day after the Lousiville game. Sorry buddy I really am done with you after your post above. Really I was going to respond and destroy it like I did your Marrone point but its not worth my time.

Naw. You've been saying "I'm not being negative, I just haven't seen enough of Lester to be optimistic." Now you're saying you don't believe in the staff at all. That's fine. Just state that up front - you expect them to fail and hope they will quickly so we can move on. That helps everyone understand your viewpoint when you feign "show me"...

(You didn't destroy my Marrone point, either.)

Status
Not open for further replies.