Bama / UGA Title Game Thread (this cool mods?) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Bama / UGA Title Game Thread (this cool mods?)

Win the ACC (doable) get into the playoff. Get beat by 40 and still rake in millions. That would be fine with me.

While we are seemingly light years away from these teams we did beat Clemson in 2017 the year they won the tile by beating Alabama. Anything can happen. That's why you play the games right.

That's always my favorite too. It's the closest thing to being at the game, without being at the game. But I like the behind QB views of what they're seeing. Captures the crowd better too.
Yes, it reminds me of watching from my seats in section 310.

Nothing wrong with comparing where we are compared to the elite teams.
Didn’t say that. But it’s something you mention in passing. It shouldn’t be the biggest takeaway.

But if nobody is close to Bama, then how did they lose to A&M and need a miracle to escape 6-7 Auburn?
Because Saban is overrated imho

no doubt UGA (and Bama) are elite on the recruiting end, but UGA benefited a lot from many draft-eligible upperclassmen deciding to return for the season (e.g. #99 Jordan Davis)

Oh, I'll be happy if we go to any bowl. I'm fine not being Bama or UGA. But they are just in a different stratosphere.
Yea, but it's always cyclical. Pre Saban, Bama wasn't Bama either. Hopefully once he retires there can be more parity, probably doesn't mean Syracuse steps into the void (it'd be nice) but things will definitely shift post Saban.

But if nobody is close to Bama, then how did they lose to A&M and need a miracle to escape 6-7 Auburn?
True, a rivalry game, cooky things can happen like in the iron bowl; also Jimbo Fisher also seems to do well against Saban. I guess I was more referring to the ineptitude of the other semi finalist teams, but point taken, as clearly Auburn, or another SEC team typically gives Alabama or Georgia a real game once or twice a year.

Someone opened the wrong box of hats...

FIzHcwXX0AAqDdX

All the kids on the field - the TE from UGA is going to be the best pro. If they ever get a QB who can sling it...Bavaro like and I never use that comparison with anyone.

All the kids on the field - the TE from UGA is going to be the best pro. If they ever get a QB who can sling it...Bavaro like and I never use that comparison with anyone.
Thought the same thing. He put up about 900 yards at TE as a freshman. Maybe the next Gronk, crazy.

So a team doesnt have elite WRs and then struggles on offense to score.. hmm.. glad to see even Ala has that same issue..

Kid I was most impressed with was the Bama LB #15 Dallas Turner. True Freshman 6-4 245 from Florida Thomas Aquinas...what a beast he was wow.

Last edited:
I think Texas A&M will challenge Bama for the SEC West throne in the coming years. Ole Miss has a punchers chance as well. In the East, it will be UGA for a while but I expect Tenn and South Carolina to be greatly improved next year. UGA is losing a lot of those elite Defensive players this off-season plus their D-coordinator so their D won't be as dominant next year.

So a team doesnt have elite WRs and then struggles on offense to score.. hmm.. glad to see even Ala has that same issue..

Every WR who caught a pass for Bama would start for Syracuse. The backups they put out there after the Ohio State transfer got hurt:

Treyshawn Holden Sophomore 4-star (6 for 28)
Ja'Corey Brooks Freshman 5-star (6 for 47)
Slade Bolden Junior 4-star (7 for 44)
Agiye Hall Freshman 4-star (2 for 52)

I agree we should be a little patient with our youth. 9 of our 10 WRs are freshman and sophomores

Last edited:

I think you can make an argument that Will Anderson will be the best pro, but its picking nits. But Brock Bowers is amazing.

So much talent on both teams.

Kid I was most impressed with was the Bama LB #15 Dallas Turner. True Freshman 6-4 245 from Florida St Thomas Aquinas...what a beast he was wow.

The fact that Bama can roll out Will Anderson and Dallas is ridiculous.

Yea, but it's always cyclical. Pre Saban, Bama wasn't Bama either. Hopefully once he retires there can be more parity, probably doesn't mean Syracuse steps into the void (it'd be nice) but things will definitely shift post Saban.

Hey, I'm fine with incremental improvements. Again, I'll be happy with six wins next year. Legit.

Looking forward to the new coaches and what they bring. Have a lot of good guys coming back and obviously excited for the Sean Tucker show.

Hey, I'm fine with incremental improvements. Again, I'll be happy with six wins next year. Legit.

Looking forward to the new coaches and what they bring. Have a lot of good guys coming back and obviously excited for the Sean Tucker show.
had Ala had the 2 WRs not get hurt they probably still win by 2-3 TDs just like last game.

For sure. Can't wait to watch what Anae and Beck can do with the offense. Some creativity is badly needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom