Band Uniforms Fund Drive | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Band Uniforms Fund Drive

The campaign's total goal is $150,000 and we're halfway there because of the Foundation's gift. We estimate the cost of a new set of uniforms to be between $150,000 and $200,000, but we feel that if we can hit 150 we can make this happen for next fall.
Thanks for clarifying.

I made my contribution. Can we make requests for next year's home opener :)

If you're talking about our twirler, she gets a new custom-made costume every year and the SUMB covers the cost.

Upperdeck, the reason this seems a bit rushed is because the original plan was to raise money for uniforms with the intention of rolling them out in fall 2015. When we got the large seed donation, we saw an opportunity to have new uniforms for our first season in the ACC and we're trying to make it happen. In this case, it was quite a pleasant surprise, so now the University is working hard to get this done in time.

Will the color guard be getting new unis too? I'll be making a contribution, since it is so nice not to have to work the concession stands to help raise money for the band!

Will the color guard be getting new unis too? I'll be making a contribution, since it is so nice not to have to work the concession stands to help raise money for the band!

Yes, the Colorguard's uniforms will be updated also. Thanks for your contribution!

Once the link is set up, I'll match the first $1000 in donations.

I've seen this thread tacked at the top of the forum for 10 days now and yet EVERY morning, when I first check in here, I read it as, "BAD Uniforms Fund Drive"

What was up with the Pinstribpe halftime show? The guitar overpowered the band.

Yankee Stadium sound board operator had it cranked a bit too high. Took us a couple of tries to get that right in the Dome, but at the Bowl we had to run with it.

The campaign's total goal is $150,000 and we're halfway there because of the Foundation's gift. We estimate the cost of a new set of uniforms to be between $150,000 and $200,000, but we feel that if we can hit 150 we can make this happen for next fall.

Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but how many members of the band are there, 100? Doesn't that work out to something like $1000-1500 per uniform (or more)? And, why isn't this part of the Nike sponsorship deal?

Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but how many members of the band are there, 100? Doesn't that work out to something like $1000-1500 per uniform (or more)? And, why isn't this part of the Nike sponsorship deal?

This is not stupid! To answer your questions, there have been anywhere between 185 and 204 members of the SUMB the last four years. So, we average at just under 200 members usually. The "rule" with uniforms is that you always buy 50% more than your membership. This is for two main reasons: it allows for growth and it gives you a good mix of sizes as you get kids who are tall, short, fat, skinny, etc. By this math we are looking to get 300 uniforms.

We estimate the cost of a single uniform to be between $500 and $600. If it's $500, that gets us to $150,000 for a set of 300. If it's $600, we get $180,000. When you add in the cost of accessories and extras: hats, plumes, garment bags for storage, etc. we get to a range between $150,000 and $200,000.

As for the University's Nike contract, I am not at all familiar with it, but I can tell you that the kids in the SUMB are either not included in it or are not subject to its benefits.

This is probably more than you or any college football fan wanted to know about band uniforms...but there it is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom