Bare Minimum Expectations- and Deductions From Them | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bare Minimum Expectations- and Deductions From Them

He knows how to do it? Lol! Do you know what this means? It was tweeted by SUjuice.com:

Do you want us to start a thread that talks about only positive things while you read it in your safe space?
Lol. I was right. Your sole purpose was to bash Boeheim but you tried to camouflage it. Boeheim will be gone this year or next, your whole diatribe is a wasted effort.
Going by recent trends I absolutely do not think he can meet them. You do???? Give me the basis of your reasoning for that. He came into this season saying this is a tournament team which tells me he can no longer assess talent. He continues to run the zone when we're getting lit up by 11 threes and 52 points before halftime in a season when he finally admitted that going man-to-man would be employed. If not then, then when?!

How's that 2023 class working out for us? How is the decreasing losses every year any indication that he will improve things? You tell me what you're seeing that gives you any indication that this sinking ship will stop sinking. Asking for a friend.
Did you seriously expect him to say publicly that this team was too young and wouldn’t make the tournament??? Complaining about the zone? Haha. Good luck on that one. I guess you are not familiar with coach speak.

21-10
12-8
Finish at least 5th in the conference Regular season
Beat at least 2/3 of Duke/UNC/UVA when we get them all in the dome.
Split with Pitt
Be a 6 seed or higher.
Win at least one ACC tournament game.
Win at least one tournament game.

Lol. I was right. Your sole purpose was to bash Boeheim but you tried to camouflage it. Boeheim will be gone this year or next, your whole diatribe is a wasted effort.

Did you seriously expect him to say publicly that this team was too young and wouldn’t make the tournament??? Complaining about the zone? Haha. Good luck on that one. I guess you are not familiar with coach speak.
Lmao in the past he's said he wasn't sure, so why say he's sure they'll make the tourney this time??? Riiiiiiight

Lmao in the past he's said he wasn't sure, so why say he's sure they'll make the tourney this time??? Riiiiiiight
Depends on how he thinks he needs to motivate the team. It not that hard.

Depends on how he thinks he needs to motivate the team. It not that hard.
Lmao ok. So now you're telling us he's Tony Robbins lol? No that's not what it was. So when he didn't say past teams would make the tourney he didn't want to motivate those teams lol? He has been feeling heat from the fanbase for several years now and after his worst season and his glowing statements about his "best incoming class", he most assuredly meant it when he said this was a tourney team. Keep coming up with excuses like this garbage "motivation" crap like you're in his head or something. That man always means what he says when he says it.

Last edited:
I already did. He has done it for so many years, so he knows how to do it. Whether he does it or not I don’t know and never said he would.
So that's your only answer? He already did it? If he already did it why hasn't he done it for like the last decade (outside of one year when luckily making the Final 4 but even that year he still lost 14 freaking games)? Is that your only reasoning? The past? I'm asking you what current indicators/reasons are you seeing that these recent 15+ loss seasons and embarrassing performances (both on the court and in media gatherings) will not continue? Can't wait to hear this.

Last edited:
He knows how to do it? Lol! Do you know what this means? It was tweeted by SUjuice.com:

The data:

2000 - 2009: 4, 5, X, 3, 5, 4, 5, X, X, 3

2010 - 2019: 1, 3, 1, 4, 3, X, 10, X, 11, 8

2020 - 2022: X, 11, X
Yikes, 2014 was the last time we were a protected seed in the NCAA tournament. I’ll go out in a limb and make a bold claim we won’t get there this year so we’re looking at a decade+ of just abysmal (by SU standards) regular season performances.

The last decade of JB’s career, whenever it ends, will not be marked with success. Blind loyalty and lack of accountability have let the program slide into mediocrity.

So that's your only answer? He already did it? If he already did it why hasn't he done it for like the last decade (outside of one year when luckily making the Final 4 but even that year he still lost 14 freaking games)? Is that your only reasoning? The past? I'm asking you what current indicators/reasons are you seeing that these recent 15+ loss seasons and embarrassing performances (both on the court and in media gatherings) will not continue? Can't wait to hear this.
I don’t care about Boeheim, I am just laughing at you. But yes, having done it before means he knows how to do it. Again not that hard. There is nothing new going on with Boeheim that hasn’t happened before at one time or another besides NIL and the portal and that has not been a problem so far.

He didn't lose 14 games that year, he was suspended.

That clearly was a very good team coming out of the Bahamas.

Lmao ok. So now you're telling us he's Tony Robbins lol? No that's not what it was. So when he didn't say past teams would make the tourney he didn't want to motivate those teams lol? He has been feeling heat from the fanbase for several years now and after his worst season and his glowing statements about his "best incoming class", he most assuredly meant it when he said this was a tourney team. Keep coming up with excuses like this garbage "motivation" crap like you're in his head or something. That man always means what he says when he says it.
Lol, you want to fire Boeheim because his press conference statements haven’t held true. That’s a riot. You don’t seem to understand each team is different and needs to be motivated differently. It’s not crap and I don’t need to be in his head. It’s just plainly obvious. I am sorry you feel Boeheim lied to you. I can assure you that was not his intention. Maybe you should call his radio show and talk it out with him because talking to me isn’t helping you. I am sure that will help you feel better about this whole situation.

He didn't lose 14 games that year, he was suspended.

That clearly was a very good team coming out of the Bahamas.
Of all the Syracuse current status takes...the one I will never agree with is that 2015-2016 was a fluke season.

That was a very good team who had some ups and downs.

I would equate them to like last years UNC team.

No offense to Hop, but there’s no way we go 4-5 during that stretch if JB was not suspended. The NCAA pulled the rug out the day of the Georgetown game. The defense was mostly terrible when JB was gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom