Barkley giving MCW some love | Syracusefan.com

Barkley giving MCW some love

Who's the clown interviewing Charles?

It's like everyone wants people to fail so they have something to talk about. Nobody can ever root for a kid to succeed.

I hate 99% of the media. And the other 1% I tolerate.

I got excited by the title, but Barkley spent a lot of time saying very little. Even my posts are more concise at times.

Gotta Love Chuck! Always speaks his mind with no filter.

No I don't. lol

He's simply entertainment at best and a poor analyst who's just riding the coattails of his playing career at worst. His NBA analysis is normally just inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory, as he'll often just take the unpopular side of the argument and beat it to death. People praise this as him speaking his mind.

I do agree with him at times, like when he criticizes officiating for being generally subpar and when he complains that players are soft, but I'm obviously not a fan. It's cool that he said something nice about MCW but he's s@*t on our program - specifically, our zone - and players so much that it hardly registers as a drop in the bucket towards goodwill.

We all know NCAA coverage is just something the NBA guys have to do on the side, during the NCAAT, that they don't care much about. And since that's the case, it gets annoying when he presents his opinions based entirely on ill-informed, preconceived notions that are based on watching maybe 10 minutes of a team, if that.

Not a fan of Barkley, but love that he speaks his mind.
I'm more peeved about the douche-bag asking the questions and parroting the "conventional wisdom" that MCW was "the best of a bad draft class", etc. Absolute garbage, IMHO.
Philly fans are notorious for being cynical AHoles who love to dump on their team. Horrible fanbase- as that mousse-headed anchor clearly displayed.

Not a fan of Barkley, but love that he speaks his mind.
I'm more peeved about the douche-bag asking the questions and parroting the "conventional wisdom" that MCW was "the best of a bad draft class", etc. Absolute garbage, IMHO.
Philly fans are notorious for being cynical AHoles who love to dump on their team. Horrible fanbase- as that mousse-headed anchor clearly displayed.
They can be "cynical AHoles" but then turn around and do something like giving Tony Gwynn Jr. a standing ovation when he came to bat.

Hahahaha. love the "gotta love chuck" because he likes a former player.

2.5 months ago, this board was singing a different tune.
It's the law of averages.
Barkley was due to say something sensible at some point.
And there's a fine line between speaking your mind and just saying anything that pops into your head (or bypasses your head and just comes out your mouth).

They can be "cynical AHoles" but then turn around and do something like giving Tony Gwynn Jr. a standing ovation when he came to bat.
They're mostly cynical Aholes...just ask this guy:
santa.jpg

Love all of the people in here with the Barkley hatred. I respect everyone's opinion but this guy is great. Who cares if he's forced into college games during the NCAA tournament.

The pre and post TNT NBA games with Kenny, Shaq, Barkley, and Ernie is awesome. They just make fun of eachother.

No I don't. lol

He's simply entertainment at best and a poor analyst who's just riding the coattails of his playing career at worst. His NBA analysis is normally just inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory, as he'll often just take the unpopular side of the argument and beat it to death. People praise this as him speaking his mind.

I do agree with him at times, like when he criticizes officiating for being generally subpar and when he complains that players are soft, but I'm obviously not a fan. It's cool that he said something nice about MCW but he's s@*t on our program - specifically, our zone - and players so much that it hardly registers as a drop in the bucket towards goodwill.

We all know NCAA coverage is just something the NBA guys have to do on the side, during the NCAAT, that they don't care much about. And since that's the case, it gets annoying when he presents his opinions based entirely on ill-informed, preconceived notions that are based on watching maybe 10 minutes of a team, if that.

Sounds like many people here who claim to love basketball, but hate the NBA and on it all the time with ill-informed preconceived notions.