Baseball hof thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball hof thread

It must suck for you as the David Arias isn't getting into the HOF is now gone. Edgar was a weaker candidate than Ortiz. David Ortiz was a big winner yesterday.

Also while I think Mussina deserved his induction it is a joke the BBWAA uses politics to keep Schilling out. Schilling is a slightly better candidate than Mussina but his stupid politics keep him out.
No Arias till Bonds & Clemens.

Schilling will get in, or should I say...he better??

if you are a pitcher to get in you better be one that other teams hope they missed you in the rotation when you came to town. not sure Mussina or Sutton ever fit that description.

There are quite a few pitchers who don't fit that extreme description. Mussina was one of the best AL pitchers during his career.

its hall of fame.. being the best isnt good enough you need to be dominant..

I’d definitely go Schilling over Mussina. Schilling was a flat out horse. Crazy thing is he didn’t get great until his 30’s.

I don’t like Bonds or Clemens but I hope they both make it. Bonds is probably the best baseball player I’ve ever seen.

I’m not a fan of the DH...but it exists. Edgar was just a pure stick. Amazing hitter. I’m not mad at it.

Ridiculous. Helton has as dominant a run as anyone in his 20s. He slowed down after 30 but honestly the numbers are worthy imo.

In 2000 he batted .372(!) with 42 homers and 147 rbis.

Also, let’s cut the crap. Bonds is a hall of famer. We all know it. Dude was stupid good.

Ridiculous. Helton has as dominant a run as anyone in his 20s. He slowed down after 30 but honestly the numbers are worthy imo.

In 2000 he batted .372(!) with 42 homers and 147 rbis.

Also, let’s cut the crap. Bonds is a hall of famer. We all know it. Dude was stupid good.
The writers gave Bonds 7 MVPs but they won’t put him in the HOF.

No doubt the Boston mafia and their bias is working out front on that...
Arias unlike A-Rod is getting in.
Old Media like him and the new media don’t care about steroids like the old media.
Arias won’t be a first ballot guy but he will get in. Ortiz has the numbers.

Arias unlike A-Rod is getting in.
Old Media like him and the new media don’t care about steroids like the old media.
Arias won’t be a first ballot guy but he will get in. Ortiz has the numbers.
Just so you know where I stand...

Clemens is a redsux
Bonds is a Pirate/Giant
Arod is a Mariner

All should get in.

Arias, while a redsux and not a twin, should not get in.

Just so you know where I stand...

Clemens is a redsux
Bonds is a Pirate/Giant
Arod is a Mariner

All should get in.

Arias, while a redsux and not a twin, should not get in.
All 4 should get in and I consider A-Rod a Yankee.
He spent only 6 years in Seattle.
Ortiz has better numbers than Edgar Martinez.

Halladay is going into the HOF without a logo on his cap.
I know he spent some good years in Philadelphia but he was more known IMO with Toronto.

I forgot he even played for Philly. Should definitely go in as a Blue Jay, he played most of his career there.

All 4 should get in and I consider A-Rod a Yankee.
He spent only 6 years in Seattle.
Ortiz has better numbers than Edgar Martinez.
Ortiz should only be considered...after Manny is in.

pitch 80 innings a year?

The 3-4, sometimes 5 and the occasional 6 toughest outs there is.

Sit and watch fielding and everyone else take BP.

Sit till you hit in the 1st.

Sit till you hit against a now pathetically tired P in the 4th.

Sit till you hit against a crappy middle guy in the 6th or 7th.

Sit till you come up in the 8th or 9th.

Maybe the game is in the line, quite often it’s not, but since you haven’t been in the heat or cold, and you don’t want to hit the showers like all the guys playing ‘both ways’ you don’t ‘give up’ the AB and you do something with it.

Big whoop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom