Baseball Playoffs and the Brewers... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball Playoffs and the Brewers...

When did it become a thing to have a champagne celebration after a divisional series win? Stupid.

Well, what's stupid is the TV cameras have to always be in the room to show it, over and over and over. The goggles are orchestrated and look beyond silly. Celebrations are a lot more fun or credible when they're spontaneous.

What is the downside to celebration?

In my opinion, professional sports are far too serious. It’s not war or surgery. I think players should feel free to let loose and have fun.

A lot of us grew up when men acted like men after doing what they were paid to do. My father was a telephone installer/repairman. He didn't dance and wiggle or high five everyone after he put a phone in someone's house. I was a teacher, and I didn't spike the pen or strike a "Look at me!" pose every time I marked a paper or wrote the number down in my grade book. Are athletes today so fragile and insecure they need to be admired, coddled and indulged every time they do what they're supposed to be doing?

It's gone over the top with all the orchestrated, pre-rehearsed, "Watch me wiggle my ass off and pose so everyone can admire me" nonsense. The NFL is the worst for that silliness. Especially when they look around for the camera before starting their childish attention-seeking antics. I used to laugh watching the NBA when a player's teammates all had to touch five with him after missing a free throw. Now I just don't watch anymore.

Last edited:
A lot of us grew up when men acted like men after doing what they were paid to do. My father was a telephone installer/repairman. He didn't dance and wiggle or high five everyone after he put a phone in someone's house. I was a teacher, and I didn't spike the pen or strike a "Look at me!" pose every time I marked a paper or wrote the number down in my grade book.

I agree that players may celebrate too much, but this is a bad analogy.

Last edited:
I agree with going to the pen early. But another game where the starter has not even really encountered any stress, and the coach goes to a bullpen which is already stretched from the night before. And now they are struggling.

Miley was at 75 pitches, two outs, pitching a shutout and he gave up a single. Better take him out he just gave up a single. FFS. At least let a guy get into scoring position... any extra few outs the starter can get eases it for a stretched bullpen.

When did it become a thing to have a champagne celebration after a divisional series win? Stupid.
That is 100% about the team getting paid sponsors for the celebration. Everything is sponsored. The googles, everything

The fact Miley faced one batter and was pulled as a “starter” makes me hope the Brewers lose.
Having quick hooks in the playoffs fine but this stupidity of not even having SP anymore is just different baseball.
Counsel’s way can’t become the norm thus I want LA to make the WS.

What a hoot. That was much worse than what the Patriots were caught for. Baseball just doesn't want the trouble. They were caught for the same exact thing against Cleveland.
Sad thing is because of John Tomase’a blatant lies in his reporting about the Patriots the truth isn’t even known as to what the Patriots did.
Spygate was a real violation but people don’t care what it actually was.

The fact Miley faced one batter and was pulled as a “starter” makes me hope the Brewers lose.
Having quick hooks in the playoffs fine but this stupidity of not even having SP anymore is just different baseball.
Counsel’s way can’t become the norm thus I want LA to make the WS.

I dont get what he was trying to do. It would have made more sense had the Dodgers started their right handed hitting lineup because of a lefty on the mound..but they didnt..they started their lefties anyway...so when counsel replaced Miley with a RHP...it really didnt hurt the Dodgers at all. It was as if Counsel just assumed the righty lineup was in there.

I dont get what he was trying to do. It would have made more sense had the Dodgers started their right handed hitting lineup because of a lefty on the mound..but they didnt..they started their lefties anyway...so when counsel replaced Miley with a RHP...it really didnt hurt the Dodgers at all. It was as if Counsel just assumed the righty lineup was in there.

He tried to play some gamemanship and the Dodgers sniffed it. Miley knew the plan was for him to face one batter to start today and start Game 6. He was not mentally prepared or even physically prepared to go multiple innings.

Counsell had to take Miley out.

Home teams are 11-5 all time in LCS Game 7’s. :)