Baseball Playoffs and the Brewers... | Syracusefan.com

Baseball Playoffs and the Brewers...

Ish88888

All American
Being old school and having played in college, still think there is nothing like playoff baseball. The intensity, every team has a shot, and loving this brewer squad. Milwaukee is one of those sleeper sports towns and it doesn't get much better than the old brewer glove made out of the M and B. Classic emblem. Yelich was a far better pick up and value than Giancarlo. A complete ball player... Go brew crew!

Being old school and having played in college, still think there is nothing like playoff baseball. The intensity, every team has a shot, and loving this brewer squad. Milwaukee is one of those sleeper sports towns and it doesn't get much better than the old brewer glove made out of the M and B. Classic emblem. Yelich was a far better pick up and value than Giancarlo. A complete ball player... Go brew crew!

Being an old school baseball fan myself, I still think the Brewers in the NL and the Astros in the AL is weird.

Being an old school baseball fan myself, I still think the Brewers in the NL and the Astros in the AL is weird.

Great point. I still have all those brewers cards with Gorman Thomas, cecil, oglivie, and yount, and geez molitor! What a squad. Thanks for the awesome chat.

While I agree with the underlying sentiment of this post, I can not in good faith give it a like as a Rockies fan after that heartbreaking ending.

County Stadium was pretty awesome and Miller Park is a lot of fun, great tailgate scene. Their parking guys even told me that my Illinois license plate would not make them key my car, that was very kind of them

Great point. I still have all those brewers cards with Gorman Thomas, cecil, oglivie, and yount, and geez molitor! What a squad. Thanks for the awesome chat.

I recall the ace Teddy Higuera and all or nothing Rob Deer as well! I knew every team’s players because of baseball cards.

While I agree with the underlying sentiment of this post, I can not in good faith give it a like as a Rockies fan after that heartbreaking ending.

I get it. If the rockies were playing anyone else, i would be all over them.

82 Brew Crew..good team...lots of pop...

County stadium..I remember Barney Brewer sliding down into a mug of beer every time a Brewer hit a home run.

Do I have that right?

I recall the ace Teddy Higuera and all or nothing Rob Deer as well! I knew every team’s players because of baseball cards.

Rob Deer soured me on those all or nothing players who either homer or strike out and barely hit the Mendoza line. I was a big card collector and knew the rosters really well too because of it. Used to drive my dad crazy because we would put each set in plastic sheets in an album and it would take me forever because I would stop and read the stats on the back so much.

Rob Deer soured me on those all or nothing players who either homer or strike out and barely hit the Mendoza line. I was a big card collector and knew the rosters really well too because of it. Used to drive my dad crazy because we would put each set in plastic sheets in an album and it would take me forever because I would stop and read the stats on the back so much.
One of the best three true outcome players.

When did it become a thing to have a champagne celebration after a divisional series win? Stupid.

When did it become a thing to have a champagne celebration after a divisional series win? Stupid.

I'm okay with it after a series win, but that's definitely borderline. Not like the NBA or NFL does it for each playoff round. But to have one after a wild card game win seems really excessive.

I'm okay with it after a series win, but that's definitely borderline. Not like the NBA or NFL does it for each playoff round. But to have one after a wild card game win seems really excessive.
If you’re not paying for it or cleaning up after it, why would you concern yourself with how or when a team chooses to celebrate in their locker room?

If you’re not paying for it or cleaning up after it, why would you concern yourself with how or when a team chooses to celebrate in their locker room?

I'm not losing sleep over it. Just think it's silly to go overboard celebrating relatively small accomplishments in the big picture.

I'm not losing sleep over it. Just think it's silly to go overboard celebrating relatively small accomplishments in the big picture.

Athletes seemingly celebrate every positive play they make over the course of a game now. So I can’t say that it doesn’t fit the era.

I can really hot take it and make a connection to the participation trophy generation...alright, I did it.

Well I caught up to live action on my DVR. Really wish I could say I had a good feeling when we trotted Chad Sobotka out of the bullpen. I know we were running out of options, but that matchup with Machado ended up pretty much how I expected although I had a little hope he could keep him in the park.

After a grueling 162 game season, I think finding yourself as one of the final eight or four teams is an accomplishment worth celebrating.

Athletes seemingly celebrate every positive play they make over the course of a game now. So I can’t say that it doesn’t fit the era.

I can really hot take it and make a connection to the participation trophy generation...alright, I did it.
What is the downside to celebration?

In my opinion, professional sports are far too serious. It’s not war or surgery. I think players should feel free to let loose and have fun.