Baseball scandal | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball scandal

or this shade thrown by Strasburg

“We are all going to be retired, ex-Major League Baseball players a lot longer than we actually are (players),” says Strasburg. “Someday, I’m hopefully going to have some grandkids and be able to sit down and talk to them about the experience of the World Series, and not really feel ashamed of it at all."

Surprised no one has mentioned Cody Bellinger's rant today about the Astro's.

I think all this righteous indignation is going to backfire on a lot of people when the breath and depth of cheating in MLB is discovered

I think Dusty has a point. Think there is going be some pitches thrown at some Astros this season. Can't say I blame the other teams though.

I think Dusty has a point. Think there is going be some pitches thrown at some Astros this season. Can't say I blame the other teams though.
Altuve and Bergman need to get drilled by every team that plays a series against Houston at least once.
As long as they aren’t hit in the head I won’t feel bad when they eat 95+ mph fastballs in the ribs.

Altuve and Bergman need to get drilled by every team that plays a series against Houston at least once.
As long as they aren’t hit in the head I won’t feel bad when they eat 95+ mph fastballs in the ribs.

Exactly how I feel.

I just can't wait for the next reason on why Altuve couldn't take his shirt off:

Shy
Wife told him not to
Unfinished tattoo

What's up next? Poison ivy???

Mike Bolsinger suing the Astros, the can of worms has been opened

The Astros’ cheating derailed my career. So I’m suing.

"Toward the middle of the 2017 season, I was transitioning into the role of relief pitcher. My first few games as a reliever made me optimistic: This could be my future in baseball. Then came the Astros game on Aug. 4, 2017, in Houston.

I remember the game vividly, because it was my last and worst in major league baseball. The stadium was packed. I live in Texas, so my wife and her friends were there. The Astros got off to a lead, and I was brought in during the fourth inning. The Astros seemed to know every pitch that was coming. I threw 29 pitches, and the Astros scored four runs off me in one-third of an inning before I was taken out. My pitches were getting smashed, and I ended up walking a few batters because the Astros appeared to know when to lay off. The postgame recaps said I had unraveled. I knew as I left the mound that this could be it; for a journeyman pitcher, a game that bad could be his last.

After the game, I recall, the Astros bragged during interviews about how well they had played. I was immediately designated for assignment by the Blue Jays — which means I was cut from the team’s 40-man roster. I accepted responsibility for my performance, picked up my belongings and have never played in the major leagues again. "

Mike Trout not happy about it. I don't know, if there are other teams out there cheating like the Astro's did then those speaking out must either not be in on it or think they're untouchable.

It's gone! What did it say! I want to know the proof!
the original tweet went down a rabbit hole on when Altuve said he got his tattoo with a bunch of screen grabs from the games played at the time showing no tattoo. Not sure why he deleted it but it was crazy

I know Manfred is a local guy, but he's a special kind of stupid for a very smart person. Calling the World Series trophy just a piece of metal, and just his whole handling of this the past week- not a great showing.
Yep. In trying to brush this under the rug (after the initial punishment), he's bringing more attention to it. His tenure as Commissioner will be branded by this.

I understand the players criticizing the Astros and the Commissioner, a lot of it is valid. But which group would be the first to oppose any penalties for Houston players? The good ole MLB players union, of course.

The commish has postponed the Red Sox report for 2 weeks now. With so many high level players voicing their displeasure about the Astro's players getting away with the cheating, this delay seems somewhat ominous.

The commish has postponed the Red Sox report for 2 weeks now. With so many high level players voicing their displeasure about the Astro's players getting away with the cheating, this delay seems somewhat ominous.

Really interesting. I forgot the Red Sox thing was still up in the air, it's been dragging so long.

Really interesting. I forgot the Red Sox thing was still up in the air, it's been dragging so long.
The Red Sox deserve a harsher penalty than the Astros.
They were on probation.