Battle & Brissett Stock Watch

reedny

Stable Genius
No. The scouts evaluate talent. Being seen on TV has nothing to do with that.
Do the fans or the scouting department/GM make the decisions.
Or more accurately ... Scouts evaluate talent and talent sparkles especially brightly in a quality conference game or in the NCAA tournament with millions of people watching.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
Nice 1st half run by Brissett. Played 9 mins scoring 5 points with 3 rebs and 1 ast. Was active and played with a lot of energy. He’s got a chance of being stashed in the G league IMO.

rrlbees

Staff member
Nice 1st half run by Brissett. Played 9 mins scoring 5 points with 3 rebs and 1 ast. Was active and played with a lot of energy. He’s got a chance of being stashed in the G league IMO.
I must have jinxed him. Took a couple of bad shots in the 3rd qtr and didn’t have a point or rebound. My bad.

rrlbees

Staff member
I must have jinxed him. Took a couple of bad shots in the 3rd qtr and didn’t have a point or rebound. My bad.
Not a bad 4th qtr. only played a few mins so he didn’t get a lot of chances but made his only shot, a dunk off an inbounds play. Had a steal, reb and block. He’s not one of the starters but unlike battle, white and Richardson he’s part of the regular rotation.

kcsu

Hall of Fame
I hope JB can use his connections to help Battle offshore.

rrlbees

Staff member
Nice game. 18pts and 7rebs. Played on the wing but drive a lot and made some nice cuts to get a few dunks. Defensively he played on the perimeter 80% of the time and often was guarding the guards. Showed some versatility which the announcers said he was displaying a nice inside and outside game. I think that’s their last summer league game.

alphaorange

Starter
batman /robin dynamics. i think with battle gone oshae would have been forced to step up his game.
next years draft would possibly been kinder. never know. pure speculation. but 1 more year IMO.
Next year's draft will be tougher. First year when all the HS kids can go in, I believe. Probably will have 20 HS players drafted in the 2 rounds.....

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Then that group would be well advised to stay in college. Every player’s goal, so they say, is to play in the NBA. I do not agree that the G League is a better option than college. It is improving but it is still not as good of a training ground. No offense to him at all, he was a decent player for us, but John Gillon has better numbers in the G League than he did at SU.
Might be because he is now a better player.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Then that group would be well advised to stay in college. Every player’s goal, so they say, is to play in the NBA. I do not agree that the G League is a better option than college. It is improving but it is still not as good of a training ground. No offense to him at all, he was a decent player for us, but John Gillon has better numbers in the G League than he did at SU.
You (and others) miss the point. They DON'T WANT to be in college.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom