Battle hit the shot but... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Battle hit the shot but...

I cannot stand the block/charge nonsense lol. It's a complete guessing game and it awards the defender for not doing his job. I understand when you push off - that's an offensive foul, sure. However, when it's simply a defender sliding over, standing still, and getting bumped, I hate it.

I hate it more than anything. There should be a set of videos on the NCAA site clarifying what is a charge and what is a block. The problem is there will always be a line between the two where the ref will make a subjective judgment. But what I can't stand more than anything else is when a ref makes a charge or block call that will favor the home team and he doesn't with extreme animation knowing the crowd will go nuts. I think the refs should have zero emotion the entire game.

I hate it more than anything. There should be a set of videos on the NCAA site clarifying what is a charge and what is a block. The problem is there will always be a line between the two where the ref will make a subjective judgment. But what I can't stand more than anything else is when a ref makes a charge or block call that will favor the home team and he doesn't with extreme animation knowing the crowd will go nuts. I think the refs should have zero emotion the entire game.

NO ANIMATED OFFICIALS?!

CB BUCKNOR DISAGREES!!!

17rlsncypuu3hgif.gif

Eww i was convinced that was a flop but in animated gif mode it looks like a Lydon charge.
If they had called that a charge against SU, it would have been a legendary bad call. To call a nickel and dimer after letting an obvious technical foul just slip by would have been an incredible injustice.

You could tell right when it happened that the play was designed for Lydon to shoot it; we try to get him that same look all the time in transition. I imagine Lydon thought he was a bit too deep to pull the trigger and the way Blossomgame (I think it was him) closed out allowed Lydon to slip by. Great play by Lydon to get an open look for Battle there.

that's what i thought too. sounded like in the PP coach said the play was drawn up for lydon but he improvised and found the open battle with a nice dish to the wing. i'll have to replay it.

Good call. With White as the decoy, Battle would be open. JB showed confidence in a player, and the player produced.

Not that I think Battle needed a confidence boost, as he seems plenty confident in his shot and abilities, but it must feel good when the Hall of Fame coach designs a play for you to hit the game winner as a freshman. That's got to be a confidence booster, no matter where you stood before the play. I hope TB's play takes off even more now.

Yeah I agree... Lydon driving from beyond the 3 to kick to Battle? I kinda doubt that was the plan. Lydon has good inside moves but JB would have be a pre-cog to think him driving from beyond 3 to kick to ice cold Battle was the best plan. It worked out!
Gillon driving and laying off to a trailing Lydon was an excellent call down two, as he has the ability to shoot or drive. If the call had a secondary outlet, one would assume Lydon would drive right and have to dish to an outside shooter to the right. If so, it should have been White over there. Not that I'm complaining!

He drew up a play to hit Lydon as the trailer for the 3 to win the game. Same thing Nova did. No idea why Clemson's player helped all the way over on Lydons contested drive. Make lydon finish that and worst-case you are going to OT. Stupid basketball, and Lydon/Battle took advantage. Just players making plays.

If they had called that a charge against SU, it would have been a legendary bad call. To call a nickel and dimer after letting an obvious technical foul just slip by would have been an incredible injustice.

Someone should point that out to the got-dweeb

Gillon driving and laying off to a trailing Lydon was an excellent call down two, as he has the ability to shoot or drive. If the call had a secondary outlet, one would assume Lydon would drive right and have to dish to an outside shooter to the right. If so, it should have been White over there. Not that I'm complaining!

And that's why I think white was just a decoy. He was being face guarded there's no way Clemson is going to let him shoot it

Bubble Watch on Syracuse:

Yet after last year's surprise bubble inclusion led to a remarkable Final Four run, there is no reason to doubt Jim Boeheim ever again, and the past two weeks have seen Syracuse come roaring back to life.

College Basketball Bubble Watch - The Bubble Watch times, they are a-changin' - NCAA Men's Basketball - ESPN[/
A little further down, under the GTech blurb, comes a bit of a backhanded swipe:

Georgia Tech [13-10 (5-6), RPI: 75, SOS: 42] The challenge ahead is less about acquiring impressive wins than just plain winning; the only top-half team left on the schedule is Notre Dame.

With 7 seconds one does wonder why a three pointer for Lydon would have been option A. That is plenty of time to get to the basket and drop a dime off. But I am crazy happy for Battle...onions I say!
I prefer going for the win, rather than playing for OT, when on the road.

Last edited:
Oh thank God we left that behind with the move to this board. Every message board with that format is unreadable.

I rather liked it. You could see what you wanted to read and skip the rest. You could also title your response, which was fun.

But this is OK, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom