Battle, Howard, Brissett, Bazely, Chukwu | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Battle, Howard, Brissett, Bazely, Chukwu

Battle is not coming back. I don’t understand why we do this every year. The NBA does not draft based on points scored versus Buffalo. He is 6’6” and athletic and shots the 3 around 34% with a hitch in his stroke someone will fix. He is gone. Accept it.
6-6 athletes are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

(So are 6-8 athletes, for that matter.)

This. No matter who the player is, people on this board will not understand when the right time to jump is. After this season, Tyus needs to go pro regardless if he's ready or not.
Then every college player should go pro.

Seems like no one has a real feel for what to expect from Hughes yet. If he can bring efficient production to complement Howard/Brissett/Baze... we will be scary.

with Carey as 6th man (Dion like role) off the bench with Hughes, Dolezaj, Moyer and Sidibe giving you ten deep. Not sure how Buddy fits in unless shooting is an issue but someone would need to sit. Washington could red shirt next year.

Rim protector in Chukwu and 4 other starters that can create offense and take their man off the dribble. Need Brissett to work on his shooting to be a perimeter threat and assume Bazely is already there.

Looks like a powerhouse team on paper for next year!

Cuse
Definitely looks good on paper if everything comes together but by this time next year 7 guys will be playing. Happens every year

Very disheartening to see Chuckwu and Dolezaj have rebounds ripped from their hands. A loaded lineup is great next year but are too thin at center
So, there's no chance that Chuckwu and Dolezjai improve and get stronger by next season?

Maybe we should just take all the stay / go posts about our best player each year and put them in a zip file. Then the first post about that player each year can be followed by a singly reply - see he gone.zip. Would save a lot of bandwidth and reading time!

Then again, I can't stand to leave things unfinished. You know. It's like that song Come Sail Away by Styx.

Come Sail Away

With the standard caveat of I-can't-believe-I-get-sucked-in-to-this, one interesting name on here is Mikael Bridges, a Battle-like player who has really benefited from being the featured player on a very good team this year as a junior. (A theory that I'm generally skeptical of, but at least promising precedent to look at if Battle still doesn't look like a 1st-round pick at the end of this year.)

2019 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

CtDViBz.png

LOL

Battle is leaving. Get real. Think about what the NBA looks for in prospects...he's got it all.

Battle is leaving. Get real. Think about what the NBA looks for in prospects...he's got it all.
He has height, length and athleticism. That's it. Not a great shooter, not a playmaker, unclear if he's a capable M2M defender. Mid-majors figured out how to defend him and his decision making as of late has been poor.

Does he have upside? Sure. There are dozens of 6-6 athletes with upside.

He has height, length and athleticism. That's it. Not a great shooter, not a playmaker, unclear if he's a capable M2M defender. Mid-majors figured out how to defend him and his decision making as of late has been poor.

Does he have upside? Sure. There are dozens of 6-6 athletes with upside.

He doesn't have Malachi length.

He's stronger though if that means anything.

Had good seats for the Knicks-Wiz a couple of nights ago - the strength of Beal and Wall compared to Frankie N and Kristaps was staggering.

Battle is not coming back. I don’t understand why we do this every year. The NBA does not draft based on points scored versus Buffalo. He is 6’6” and athletic and shots the 3 around 34% with a hitch in his stroke someone will fix. He is gone. Accept it.

I agree. He gone.

So, there's no chance that Chuckwu and Dolezjai improve and get stronger by next season?
They should improve, but I am dubious about their ability to add strength and bulk to their frames. They are string beans that seem to have the body types that it's tough to add bulk too. PC is almost 23, so you'd think he'd have added some by now. They can certainly get a little stronger, especially with the ball in their hands, but I'm not expecting a huge improvement.

If a player's stock is at its peak, why shouldn't they?

Every players situation isn’t the same.

How likely is an NBA career? How long do you try to get in the NBA before moving on if it doesn’t happen? Will you go overseas to play at some point? If so, when and where? If it’s likely a brief NBA career/long overseas career should you start that sooner or later? What are you hoping to do when it’s over?

Lots of questions should be weighed.

If a player is a likely first round NBA pick, I think usually the answer is to go. After that, it gets a lot trickier IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom