Battle to Gillon pass | Syracusefan.com

Battle to Gillon pass

realorange

Living Legend
When Battle got the rebound from Lydon, he almost casually threw the pass to Gillon. Didn't he realize the time left or was he thinking about going with it himself and then decided to get it to Gillon?

When Battle got the rebound from Lydon, he almost casually threw the pass to Gillon. Didn't he realize the time left or was he thinking about going with it himself and then decided to get it to Gillon?

I think maybe he thought we'd call a TO there?
And then realized that's not how JB rolls, so then he threw it over to Gillon, who hit the jets, and then made history.

The pass was so casual that I for a moment wondered if there was more time left than the clock showed.

I got the sense when he got the ball on the deflection he couldn't see Gillon around Lydon for a second or something and then realized what he did and was motioning for Gillon to go fast. Like he knew he made a mistake. I also think since the game was tied he didn't want to get stripped or throw it away or something since worst case scenario would have been overtime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom