If we keep this up we are going to be left behind. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If we keep this up we are going to be left behind.

My god we are 3 games into a new Cuse football era and the fans have already turned. This is the most depressing fanbase I’ve come across
It’s hard to stay optimistic after a big letdown when we’ve endured 2 decades of suck. This was feeling different, but last night was just more of the same.

To be clear, I’m not calling for anyone’s head or anything, myself, but last night was just very deflating. Some people are being ridiculous though lol

Geographic location and brand will help us not be left behind. There is still tons of season left here. If Cuse beats UNLV then the record will probably be what it should.
Location won't help us and our brand is tarnished. We are not competitive in the ACC. Our record is miserable. If FB cannot produce a legitimate ACC contender I fear the worst.

Location won't help us and our brand is tarnished. We are not competitive in the ACC. Our record is miserable. If FB cannot produce a legitimate ACC contender I fear the worst.

UNC and NC State are both in the 3rd quarter of their games and have given up a combined 112 points.

That's not contending, not losing the game on a last second play.

No one outside of here cares about 20 years ago. If they did (12 years ago) we wouldn't be in the ACC.

UNC and NC State are both in the 3rd quarter of their games and have given up a combined 112 points.

That's not contending, not losing the game on a last second play.

No one outside of here cares about 20 years ago. If they did (12 years ago) we wouldn't be in the ACC.
Close doesn’t count here. As Fran said, win by 1 point and the rest is just noise.

To be clear, I think Fran is our best shot. I just fear he will run out of time and conference realignment will have no place for us at the big boy table.
If they create a 50 team mega conference we will have a hard time making our case without a strong upwards trend line.
On the other hand, the B1G and SEC have no incentives to dilute payouts for us.

To be clear, I think Fran is our best shot. I just fear he will run out of time and conference realignment will have no place for us at the big boy table.
If they create a 50 team mega conference we will have a hard time making our case without a strong upwards trend line.
On the other hand, the B1G and SEC have no incentives to dilute payouts for us.
I'm not sure what it is that you fear exactly. Let's presuppose a 50 team mega conference does happen, do you think the 12 team playoff will only have spots for that conference?

I can't stand ACC officiating and I'm convinced the conference doesn't like us for some reason but it's a good fit for us and will continue to have playoff access as the third best conference.

FCS it's not 30 years. It's 20 years, and it goes back to the worst decision the university has made in recent memory and that was to fire Coach P. All BOT members still living should have resigned by now in disgrace.

The SU brand not rooted in athletics.
As I continue to see SU alum around the globe, the only consistent thing they say is “Don McNabb”. Now … “who was that defensive guy?” (Freeney)
Not BB national championship nor our 10-win football season.
We need new memories. Not losses to 10-point underdog Stanford at home.

For crying out loud. Rome wasn't built in a day. Give Fran a chance to build. Get a life you cry babies.

For crying out loud. Rome wasn't built in a day. Give Fran a chance to build. Get a life you cry babies.
This isn't about Fran it's about the reality of our situation and whether or not he can turn things around before the next and possibly last major realignment.

If you think we are not in a perilous position you haven't been paying attention the last 20 years.

Watch every show or podcast and read every article and tell me how many mention a landing spot for us.

I have said Fran is the right guy but you said it yourself, "Rome wasn't built in a day". The question is does he have time to make us attractive enough for a conference willing to dilute their rights pool.

I'm not sure what it is that you fear exactly. Let's presuppose a 50 team mega conference does happen, do you think the 12 team playoff will only have spots for that conference?

I can't stand ACC officiating and I'm convinced the conference doesn't like us for some reason but it's a good fit for us and will continue to have playoff access as the third best conference.
Can you really see a committee voting for schools not in their oligopaly? I don't.

I have not heard our name mentioned in ANY articles, podcasts etc as being wanted by anyone. That is a problem. That's the narrative.
Just to pile on here, but ur takes are accurate.

Lost a major opportunity or as my tailgate bud said, we never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. So many were ready to tune in and maybe jump on.

Now in too many’s heads who we need to bring back/attract it’s same ole same ole (losing to a team we should beat, unranked, favored in vs a team picked so low in the conference, etc. - and yes, I realize they are better than expected, and might be even better than that).

Anyway Special seasons off the table now. And big picture…….I’ve been saying to the casual fans in my sphere for months (which is virtually everybody other than our tailgate crew), that to enjoy this year as a lightning in the bottle year, where all the planets align for us to be good, even great (off the table after this loss and with what I’m seeing of the D, injuries there, etc), this as because with what we will lose next year, NIL challenges unlikely to be able to keep up with the Joneses and that schedule, oy vey.

Gotta hope the ACC stays together and we progressively get better, after a down year next year, Cuz otherwise, I fear reality is exactly as you portray

Last edited:
Just to pile on here, but ur takes are accurate.

Lost a major opportunity or as my tailgate bud said, we never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. So many were ready to tune in and maybe jump on.

Now it’s same ole same ole (losing to a team we should beat, unranked, favored in vs a team picked so low in the conference, etc. - and yes, I realize they are better than expected, and might be even better than that).

Anyway Special seasons off the table now. And big picture…….I’ve been saying to the casual fans in my sphere for months (which is virtually everybody other than our tailgate crew), that to enjoy this year as a lightning in the bottle year, where all the planets align for us to be good, even great (off the table after this loss), because with what we will lose next year and that schedule, oy vey.

Gotta hope the ACC stays together and we progressively get better, after a down year next year, Cuz otherwise, I fear reality is exactly as you portray

95% of blogs and articles are hot air. You guys have been around and know that so much of this is politics and that SU has people embedded everywhere.

We had crappy calls go against us in 2018 and it was still a great year. Keep the faith.

A couple of reasons for that. We are currently well-placed in the ACC - no impetus on SU’s part to want to shake that up. Second, W/L will not change our basic profile. We are a private university in central NY, 45,000 capacity stadium, with some tradition. Where do we fit in the changing world where $$ drives the conference decisions?

Do you believe 8-4 in 2024 will alter our conference fate? What might - consistent better recruiting and alum dollars.

Because this season and the seasons after that are the same? Why don’t you guys just quit following?
Because I grew up in CNY and went to Utica College back in the day when it was owned by SU (you know, when dinosaurs roamed the earth). Syracuse is my team good or bad, regardless of where we wind up. Old school.

95% of blogs and articles are hot air. You guys have been around and know that so much of this is politics and that SU has people embedded everywhere.

We had crappy calls go against us in 2018 and it was still a great year. Keep the faith.
Ur mouth to Gods ears bro. I know you’re dialed in to things, so you just improved my mood about 1000%, and I hope you’re right my friend.

Hope u r right.

Then we all need to pony up and help. It’s all about the Benjamin’s today. Find the right NIL and donate. That’s the unfortunate reality today. The naysayers that want to wait until we go undefeated will be waiting a long time because it won’t happen if we don’t have a healthy NIL program. Orange United? What players have they paid for? Is their model sustainable? Look at how many that their group owns have ceased operations. It’s all about athletes who care and SUFootball NIL.
We can all complain that Fran can’t coach, players can’t play etc… they are doing all they can with one hand tied behind their backs because of lack of financial support.

We’re 2-1 with a ranked win and a close loss against a team we should have beaten.

The next 3 games include a road game against a top 25 UNLV, which is an opportunity to recover and prove who we are.

Let’s let the season play out before we designate our future as part of the FCS. I mean seriously it’s one game.

Then we all need to pony up and help. It’s all about the Benjamin’s today. Find the right NIL and donate. That’s the unfortunate reality today. The naysayers that want to wait until we go undefeated will be waiting a long time because it won’t happen if we don’t have a healthy NIL program. Orange United? What players have they paid for? Is their model sustainable? Look at how many that their group owns have ceased operations. It’s all about athletes who care and SUFootball NIL.
We can all complain that Fran can’t coach, players can’t play etc… they are doing all they can with one hand tied behind their backs because of lack of financial support.
Done that. Hope others do as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom