If we keep this up we are going to be left behind. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If we keep this up we are going to be left behind.

When we get left behind it's not going to be due to our record. Economic reality will be our death sentence.
Enjoy each season.

Syracuse's athletic future is out of Syracuse's control, but I believe Syracuse will be fine LT, although they won't be in the SEC or Big 10, but probably in a conference with like minded schools and rivals like Pitt, WVU, UConn, Louisville, Cincinnati, Virginia Tech,...

When Syracuse selected Brown as the football coach, they knew he was a great recruiter who needed to learn how to be a good head football coach. Chesney was an option as he is a really good football coach, but could he recruit at a high level? Give Brown time as he brought in McCord and other high end talent which is what you need to compete in the ACC.

Done that. Hope others do as well.
That’s great. We need more to do the same. I not only donate, but bought my fair share of Dart Beer this weekend to continue to help.
A typical CNY/ fan of Syracuse likes to complain, it’s in the water around here. Probably because of all the defections of business over the years. We have a chance right now to be part of a solution. Believe me when I say this, we WILL be left out of major college football and basketball in short order if we all don’t help. And helping means financially. Don’t tell me we have a great bball and football tradition. We DID have a good one. It’s all about what have you done for me lately now. Our rivals will be Siena, Lemoyne for bball and buffalo, Albany for football IF the majority don’t step up.
Everyone needs to remember what Fran said the day he was hired. If you complain and donate, you have a right to be heard. If you complain to just complain, which the majority of fans in general do, you’re part of the problem.

Last edited:
Winning does not matter unless you can contend to make the playoffs. OR St. and Wazzu were ranked teams. No one wants Spokane or Corvallis. In an NIL world we cannot compete in football to make the playoffs. Over the next couple of years I expect us to improve but I don't expect it to matter. Our best hope is that FSU and Clemson stay put.

Winning does not matter unless you can contend to make the playoffs. OR St. and Wazzu were ranked teams. No one wants Spokane or Corvallis. In an NIL world we cannot compete in football to make the playoffs. Over the next couple of years I expect us to improve but I don't expect it to matter. Our best hope is that FSU and Clemson stay put.
Then you have zero idea of how the NIL world works and are part of the problem.

This isn't about Fran it's about the reality of our situation and whether or not he can turn things around before the next and possibly last major realignment.

If you think we are not in a perilous position you haven't been paying attention the last 20 years.

Watch every show or podcast and read every article and tell me how many mention a landing spot for us.

I have said Fran is the right guy but you said it yourself, "Rome wasn't built in a day". The question is does he have time to make us attractive enough for a conference willing to dilute their rights pool.
The answer is yes. SU brings the east. Other than Pstate there isn't a team that delivers like SU in Football Bball and other sports. We need to get better in Bball in Football, and we will be ok.
However, it is counterintuitive but being in a left behind ACC or Big 12 wouldn't be the end of the world as long as we have access to the playoffs and march madness

There are so many things that the SU can do. Start a 10k for 1000k
10k season ticket holders that have incredible access and incredible seats for each home and away games in football and bball. . That is 10 million a year for NIL. How about NYS stepping up and giving SU money to promote NYS tourism. How about the City of Syracuse doing the same. It's not hard it needs leadership.

Agree and I think that will be coming soon, but we as die hard fans need to help as well. Buying Tickets are great, but the players see zero of any revenue. SU makes all the revenue from anything related to SU and the dome.
Best thing for fans to do, if we want to see SU athletics succeed, and think our seasons will tickets are good enough, is to stay home, watch the games on TV and give our $$ to an NIL collective. That will build a dominant program that WILL compete for titles.

There are so many things that the SU can do. Start a 10k for 1000k
10k season ticket holders that have incredible access and incredible seats for each home and away games in football and bball. . That is 10 million a year for NIL. How about NYS stepping up and giving SU money to promote NYS tourism. How about the City of Syracuse doing the same. It's not hard it needs leadership.
It's really too bad the State and University couldn't get together to make Syracuse part of the State system in someway.
After all the University is a big factor for people to know about New York, even though they think we are near NYC.

The answer is yes. SU brings the east. Other than Pstate there isn't a team that delivers like SU in Football Bball and other sports. We need to get better in Bball in Football, and we will be ok.
However, it is counterintuitive but being in a left behind ACC or Big 12 wouldn't be the end of the world as long as we have access to the playoffs and march madness
All about marginal returns.
We don't bring enough to offset the cost of dilution.
In a 50 team mega conference the B12 and ACC won't have a realistic chance at the playoffs. Recruiting will be impossible and quality will slowly sink into MAC level at best. We need to make the cut.

All about marginal returns.
We don't bring enough to offset the cost of dilution.
In a 50 team mega conference the B12 and ACC won't have a realistic chance at the playoffs. Recruiting will be impossible and quality will slowly sink into MAC level at best. We need to make the cut.
On point!!! No one knows how close to tier two we are right now more than those who are actively involved. You think this area is in trouble now? Wait until we become second fiddle in athletics. And yes, athletics drives the bus in communities in many ways.
Very interesting that the complainers etc have been very quiet tonight. Be part of the solution!!

Time is running out. Probably only a few seasons left before the last major realignment.
Arguably, this is our last chance. If we don't start winning soon, we are going to be left behind and relegated to the minor league of CFB.
We are 28-63 = 444% since joining the ACC and are not respected by the CFB press or industry professionals.
We are a dormat of a weak conference and nobody needs us.
We don't have to like it but it’s true.
Losses like last night (at home) simply reinforce the negative narrative and make it that much more difficult to change the trajectory of the program.
Fran Brown just doesn't have the luxury of time regardless of university support. The game will pass us by. it's late and we cannot afford a poor season regardless of the reasons why.
Hope he pulls it off.
Lighten up Francis

The premise of this thread is kind of absurd. For the most part, SU is just along for the ride of whatever happens in the future of college football. We’re simply not a major player. A few 9 win seasons won’t change that. Even a playoff appearance won’t change that.

SU is not big enough to chart its own destiny.

Who is this East that Syracuse brings in? Is it NJ, Mass, Conn, new England, Penn, the SE?

But, But, But the sky is falling... "We didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and we're not quitting now!"

The premise of this thread is kind of absurd. For the most part, SU is just along for the ride of whatever happens in the future of college football. We’re simply not a major player. A few 9 win seasons won’t change that. Even a playoff appearance won’t change that.

SU is not big enough to chart its own destiny.
I tend to agree but I do think we're one of the best appetizers in college football. We're not main meal and never were but if you are at a fancy dinner party, you kinda want Syracuse football as an appetizer. To that, i think there will always be a place for the pig in a blanket program

The problem is the context of decades of futility virtually unsurpassed by any other team. New players and new coaches, we thought we finally turned the corner. As usual, our offensive line is not P4 competitive.

Last edited:
SU will have a place IF we dont fall completely off the ledge. NYS is toooooooo big to be left off the table

SU will have a place IF we dont fall completely off the ledge. NYS is toooooooo big to be left off the table
NYC is the big market upstate not so much. Besides, ND and others bring a big share of the NYC market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom