Battle was not invited to the combine...How about Oshae? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Battle was not invited to the combine...How about Oshae?

You have to understand that some people are so insecure, this is the only place they can go to get positive reinforcement. And sadly, it still has to come from themselves.
Now I know why you post here all day everyday.

What portion of the blame goes to the gurus in LA that played with his shot?

I don’t think he “regressed”. Statistically he was slightly better in most areas this year. Only things that went down a little were his minutes and free throw percentage.

I don’t think he “regressed”. Statistically he was slightly better in most areas this year. Only things that went down a little were his minutes and free throw percentage.

In addition to FT % and minutes, Battle dipped in total PPG, 3-point percentage and steals.

Perhaps the only thing that got better was his mid-range game. Ask Carmelo how much that matters these days.

In addition to FT % and minutes, Battle dipped in total PPG, 3-point percentage and steals.

Perhaps the only thing that got better was his mid-range game. Ask Carmelo how much that matters these days.

He scored a little less because he played less and shot a little less. His TS% and eFG% were actually slightly up.

3 point % was .322 and .321.

He scored a little less because he played less and shot a little less. His TS% and eFG% were actually slightly up.

3 point % was .322 and .321.

So literally nothing got better which is somewhat the point.

Feel bad. Love his tenacity and will always back Syracuse guys. Except McCoskey. Won't ever back him...

Figured I'd share this here. Short video of oshae working out before he came back for the charity event.

i think its just 3 point shooting...nothing more. he has EVERYTHING else.

unfortunately that 1 thing he doesn't have is very very important (these days especially)...i think it really messed with his game this past season, too. you cant "see" a player's mental state from tv or the stands but it just felt like every time he took a 3 the weight of the world was on his shoulders last season.

he's a good free throw shooter so that's usually a predictor of what kind of 3 shooter you can be...theres plenty of players in the nba who cant shoot 3s though ...so while i think he could get better there with some work i dont see why it should be THE REASON he doesnt get a chance...considering he has everything else in spades.

it weird ..in past eras he would've been a definite first rounder and potential star and in this era his game is "out of fashion" and there's a good chance he won't get his chance...but i still think if a team takes a chance on him they will be rewarded. i would like to see him on a good team like the spurs (great developmentally) or warriors (some of their backups are trash).

i think its just 3 point shooting...nothing more. he has EVERYTHING else.

unfortunately that 1 thing he doesn't have is very very important (these days especially)...i think it really messed with his game this past season, too. you cant "see" a player's mental state from tv or the stands but it just felt like every time he took a 3 the weight of the world was on his shoulders last season.

he's a good free throw shooter so that's usually a predictor of what kind of 3 shooter you can be...theres plenty of players in the nba who cant shoot 3s though ...so while i think he could get better there with some work i dont see why it should be THE REASON he doesnt get a chance...considering he has everything else in spades.

it weird ..in past eras he would've been a definite first rounder and potential star and in this era his game is "out of fashion" and there's a good chance he won't get his chance...but i still think if a team takes a chance on him they will be rewarded. i would like to see him on a good team like the spurs (great developmentally) or warriors (some of their backups are trash).
I think his handle and ability to get by a defender are both issues. Battle struggled to drive past even guards that were much less athletic than him. He gets very little separation which is why he is forced into so many contested shots. It didn't help that teams were able to essentially guard only 3 of our players on offense and just pack it in, but Battle has his own struggles.

Also with regards to his shot, I'm not shot doctor, but I don't think its very fluid... its almost like a two step process where he jumps first and then shoots. And when he shoots it becomes all arms. Again I'm not shooting expert, beyond sleeping at a holiday inn, but I think there is a mechanical thing there that needs to be fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom