Battle's shot kissed the glass? | Syracusefan.com

Battle's shot kissed the glass?

rhcuse

Starter
Did it? That was my first impression watching the in-game replays, but no one ever made a thing out of it so I figured I wrong. Watching more angles now I still think it glances off the top just enough to drop it in the bucket. Am I crazy or is it an illusion? Sorry, not savy enough to post video.

Did it? That was my first impression watching the in-game replays, but no one ever made a thing out of it so I figured I wrong. Watching more angles now I still think it glances off the top just enough to drop it in the bucket. Am I crazy or is it an illusion? Sorry, not savy enough to post video.

You are crazy. I thought it snapped the net. Here's a great pic of Battle and our bench:

http://image.syracuse.com/home/syr-...7-battlegamewinner620jpg-e8f82ab19eab79ba.jpg

That was a great looking jump-shot! I love what Moyer is doing in the background. It's like he's shooting too in his mind.

Splash!
IMG_6163.GIF

No.

What's good about that clip is the opposite angle views and you see Battle falling back into our bench after the shot. How cool is that!!!

He barely brushed him. Djitte did an acting job. Refs won't call that unless there is a big collision, especially not since the rule changes.
OK, on replay I can see Lydon comes to a full stop. Good no call.

We are now approaching Grayson Allen territory...did he trip him or not?

Perfect ending

So, could Lydon have been called for an offensive foul/charge after he passed the ball? Djitte was set.

I thought the rule was if you get the pass off you can't be called for a charge. Earlier in the game there was a charge called on Lydon (?) for passing during a drive. But that time I think he was still passing the ball when he made contact. I'm not sure. We will have to research the rule if no one knows.

So, could Lydon have been called for an offensive foul/charge after he passed the ball? Djitte was set.

Are you Doug Gottlieb?

I kid, but that was his salty comment after the game.

I thought the rule was if you get the pass off you can't be called for a charge. Earlier in the game there was a charge called on Lydon (?) for passing during a drive. But that time I think he was still passing the ball when he made contact. I'm not sure. We will have to research the rule if no one knows.
Whatever the rule, it's still subject to interpretation and the judgment of the officials. The cynic in me says that may have turned out differently if that play had come at the end of a game in Cameron.

What's good about that clip is the opposite angle views and you see Battle falling back into our bench after the shot. How cool is that!!!
Pretty awesome to see JB with his arms up and running as well. He still gets a bit excited.

Are you Doug Gottlieb?

I kid, but that was his salty comment after the game.
Negative ... but When I watched last night, I was focusing on Battle and saw Djitte go down as the shot went up. As Syracuse swarmed the court in celebration, you can hear a whistle (13 second mark of the video in this thread). I couldn't tell if it was an official or someone in the crowd. This morning, I was having flashbacks to bad calls against Syracuse in the past - specifically charges - and was wondering if they could have called a charge there.

my fav part is the clemson fan making the traveling call lol

I didn't see the fan. But there's some old lady who puts her hands to her head just as he's making the shot which is pretty funny.

Pretty awesome to see JB with his arms up and running as well. He still gets a bit excited.

The thing about JB is he's running towards the Clemson bench. I was wonder if there was a little smack going on between JB and Brownell.

I didn't see the fan. But there's some old lady who puts her hands to her head just as he's making the shot which is pretty funny.
She knew as soon as battle released it.

OK, on replay I can see Lydon comes to a full stop. Good no call.
The violation is supposed to be a "player control" foul.
Lydon showed great control...coming to a full stop before hitting Djitte.
They barely touched.

In the old Big East that wouldn't even be flop-worthy.
In the ACC it's obviously a real danger.

Sure, and Lydon was called for something similar earlier in the game.

Rewatched the earlier charge call on Lydon, to me he was out of control and then jumped up leaving his feet and made true contact with the set defender. A foul will be called on that (either way, charge or block) most times. The situation at the end was different. Lydon was in control, not much contact and the defender obviously flopped in the hopes of getting the call.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom