Bayer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bayer

We were losing when Frank went out. Great effort from Bayer.

Someone explain the Lydin connection please
Went to same prep school. Good friends. When he thought about transferring back East from Grinnell, Tyler suggested Cuse

I actually think Boeheims biggest error of the year has been not player Bayer. Don’t understand that at all actually other than JB’s stubbornness

Bayer was a great addition today, I can't recall a previous player in his position as former walk on contributing to a significant degree in and game much less one with so much meaning

We saw what fresh legs can do at the end of the game....I know he's a HOF coach but gosh give our guys some breathers and let the rested legs make a couple of plays.....Moyer (Friday) and Bayer (today)showed guts and hustle when given the opportunity...

It's truly ok to play 8 guys and give our 2 guards a quick breather....

Bayer was a great addition today, I can't recall a previous player in his position as former walk on contributing to a significant degree in and game much less one with so much meaning

Two things come to mind:
- Justin Thomas playing against UConn in the 6 OT game. He was out there doing jumping jacks and playing with all kinds of energy.
- Ronneil Herron coming in to shoot and make 2 free throws against Michigan State. It was a Dome game and the crowd went nuts when he hit them.

But this being the tourney was even bigger obviously.

We saw what fresh legs can do at the end of the game...I know he's a HOF coach but gosh give our guys some breathers and let the rested legs make a couple of plays...Moyer (Friday) and Bayer (today)showed guts and hustle when given the opportunity...

It's truly ok to play 8 guys and give our 2 guards a quick breather...
We also saw what supposedly "tired" legs can do at the end of a game -- win three times in five days while holding statistically elite offensive teams under 60 points.

We also saw what supposedly "tired" legs can do at the end of a game -- win three times in five days while holding elite offensive teams to under 60 points.

Battle was tired in the first half when he had 1 point. But then he wasn’t tired when he had 16 in the second half, especially when he hit the big shot to put us up 3 in the final minute.

Not sure how he was so active defensively in the first half while being so tired though. Tiredness only kicked in when shooting?

Battle was tired in the first half when he had 1 point. But then he wasn’t tired when he had 16 in the second half, especially when he hit the big shot to put us up 3 in the final minute.

Not sure how he was so active defensively in the first half while being so tired though. Tiredness only kicked in when shooting?
It really is confusing. Right after he hit that late shot, he suddenly got tired again and turned it over while he was getting mugged as MSU was trying to give a foul.

Albeit a brief glance but Bayer looks like he moves pretty well, even laterally.

Yep. His east-west on the perimeter was pretty good. He came hard to the ball, closed out, and read the switches well. It was quite impressive for a guy with as few minutes coming in as he had, playing in that situation. The kid has some stones. I hope he gets some more "ice time." (hockey term) :)

Last edited:
Yep. His east-west on the perimeter was pretty good. He came hard to the ball, closed out, and read the switches well. It was quite impressive for a guy with as few minutes coming in as he had, playing in that situation. The kid has some stones. I hope he gets some more "ice time." (hockey term) :)

This is so on point.

If he cane on for our opponent, we would assume he’d be the kid who would end our season.

Totally. Doubt we see him anymore (sigh) but it was a nice cameo. Like his confidence in the post game interviews too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom