Bayer | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bayer

Totally. Doubt we see him anymore (sigh) but it was a nice cameo. Like his confidence in the post game interviews too.
We'll see again when JB wants to give Howard or Battle a breather and roll with two legitimate offensive threats on the floor.

We'll see again when JB wants to give Howard or Battle a breather and roll with two legitimate offensive threats on the floor.

I'm hoping. A couple minutes here and there could be optimal. Maybe it'll even help save Frank a foul or two. Did you hear that, Jim?

That said, for as good a job as Bayer did, Frank played really stupid with 3 fouls onward. He's usually better than that, but this time we got lucky. And so we're still dancing. :)

Two things come to mind:
- Justin Thomas playing against UConn in the 6 OT game. He was out there doing jumping jacks and playing with all kinds of energy.
- Ronneil Herron coming in to shoot and make 2 free throws against Michigan State. It was a Dome game and the crowd went nuts when he hit them.

But this being the tourney was even bigger obviously.

This is some next level fandom right here. I remember Justin Thomas, didn't recall Ronneil - must have been a while back.

Went to same prep school. Good friends. When he thought about transferring back East from Grinnell, Tyler suggested Cuse
OMG. That's my prep school. I didn't know he came from New Hampton. Wow. Have to send this to them today...

major props to Bayer. He had two massive defensive plays to help us win that game. Unsung hero!!
3...the block, the tie-up and the closeout on the 3 where he got right in the guy's grill without fouling...

OMG. That's my prep school. I didn't know he came from New Hampton. Wow. Have to send this to them today...
My bad. Just looked it up to confirm. Lydon and Bayer played on same AAU team, Albany Rocks I believe. That was connection. If you google Donna Ditota story from Jan or Feb when Howard W. went down she has whole story there. It was a story about Bayer getting prepared to play after the injury.

So happy for the kid. His post game interview with Matt Park was so cool.
I’ve been reading along in this thread waiting for someone to explain why B.B. was put in instead of Moyer. Is it something obvious I haven’t figured out?

I’ve been reading along in this thread waiting for someone to explain why B.B. was put in instead of Moyer. Is it something obvious I haven’t figured out?

Defense. He didn’t want to put Dolezaj or Brissett up top. One they don’t practice up there and know the guard roles and two they don’t have that type of skill set.

Defense. He didn’t want to put Dolezaj or Brissett up top. One they don’t practice up there and know the guard roles and two they don’t have that type of skill set.
Thanks. Moyer didn’t seem upset at all and was hugging and kissing Bayer (practically shacking up with him!). I thought, “Now, THAT’S what I call a team!”

Bayer looked solid on D.. not sure he can handle the other guard things to play more.. When we can hide him a bit he is useful.. I dont get why MSU didnt really amp the press up when he came in to make it even harder on battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom