Baylor | Syracusefan.com

Baylor

Dear Baylor: the horse is already out of the barn.
Good luck!

way too little , way too late

Kind of makes the Big XII letter and deadline moot.

SEC: Dear Big XII, next time you send us a memo please mean it.

aTm could probably book some football games as an independent. Its other sports would be screwed.

Lawsuits don't keep teams from leaving conferences. See Big East, 2004.

Lawsuits don't keep teams from leaving conferences. See Big East, 2004.

The point of the lawsuit can't be about preventing aTm, too many signs pointing out how that has no merit. Has to be more about getting better commitments from the remaining league (read: OU). Maybe some kind of setup to show that while they have no case against aTm (damages, SEC did everything by the book, etc.), the opposite would apply to OU's departure to the Pac 12.

Just trying to put together pieces of the hundreds of twitter posts from the Clay Travis', Pete Thamel's, Stewart Mandel's of the world.

Can you give us the cliff's notes version of the link you provided, as it seems you have to register to read that.
I was able to without registering but basically that a reporter stated Kansas & K-State are joining Baylor against A&M

Ah yes, higher education. Such a noble, enlightened world, isn't it?

looking like k.u.,k.s.u. and baylor have no big east invites...acc here we come

If this is true I hope UCONN is in it also. Would hate to loose them for basketball...

15roc39.gif

looking like k.u.,k.s.u. and baylor have no big east invites...acc here we come

It's more like they would rather stay in the B12 first. The existing contracts still pay out a ton, even if it's uneven. This is about OU more than it is A&M.

People are forgetting that the doofus in charge of the Big XII sent a letter indemnifying the SEC from ligation on September 2nd. If as a result, of this letter the SEC acted to invite Texas A&M then if I remember from my contracts class the Big XII could be sued by the SEC under fraudulent inducement. I believe that the Big XII is going to let A&M go and basically try to scare Oklahoma. However, in my opinion this potential lawsuit is going to stain Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, and Iowa State. These 4 schools come off as blackmailers and trying to force partners into keeping the status quo. Missouri will be okay because they are in good sized market, Oklahoma State will be leach off of whatever Oklahoma decides to do. Texas is 1000 lb. gorilla and will be fine. Those 4 schools could end up being the 4 schools left out of the 4 16 conferences.
Pac-16 adds Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma St., Oklahoma.
SEC adds Texas A&M, Missouri, West Virginia, Clemson
Big 10 adds-Notre Dame, Maryland, Rutgers, Pittsburgh
ACC adds- Syracuse,UConn,Louisville, Cincinnati, South Florida, TCU.
Those 4 schools will regret this decision I believe.
Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa St, Baylor to MWC.

I didn't know that Kentucky and Ohio were on the Atlantic coast.

Unless 16 teams becomes a requirement somehow, I'm not convinced that our friends in the ACC will be eager to add Louisville, Cincinnati or directional Florida schools.

I find it ironic that they preach about the integrity of Texas football yet they allowed TCU to just walk right into the BE conf. There was writing on the wall that something like this was gonna happen ... yet they let the BE pick up TCU ... unreal ... they could have strengthened their conf with a top 25 program in that great state of Texas ...

I find it ironic that they preach about the integrity of Texas football yet they allowed TCU to just walk right into the BE conf. There was writing on the wall that something like this was gonna happen ... yet they let the BE pick up TCU ... unreal ... they could have strengthened their conf with a top 25 program in that great state of Texas ...

Even better is how they treated other Texas schools that they had long standing relationships with when they had a shot to join the B12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom